1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Submitted 69322] Lord Founder house stairs

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by Mikal Raine, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Mikal Raine

Mikal Raine Bug Hunter

06/24/2021 17:35
    Title: 3rd Floor Stairs
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker?
    Details: The stairs leading down from the 3rd floor are blocked coming down. (see picture) The Yellow oval area will allow you to pass after several attempts. The Red square area is completely blocked. Your character just runs in place. This only happens on the way down, on the way up works fine.
    Steps to Reproduce: Go up to the 3rd floor and try to come back down.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-Core Processor (4) System RAM: 16381
    GPU: Radeon(TM) RX 460 Graphics GPU RAM: 2027
    SotA.Win.64.1399.Date.06.23.21
    Area: PRT_forest_metropolis_01/Taenby Landing
    Area Display Name: Taenby Landing
    Loc: (-8.2, 46.8, -107.2)
    Debug: UFJUX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxfFRhZW5ieSBMYW5kaW5nfCgtOC4xOTcsIDQ2Ljc1NiwgLTEwNy4yMjEpfCgwLCAwLjYxNiwgMCwgMC43ODgpfC0yMTM0Ljk2NXw0MS42NzgwOXwyLjMzNzcwOA==
    [​IMG]

2. Mikal Raine

Mikal Raine Bug Hunter

11/09/2021 13:52
    Title: Stuck on stairs Lord Founder Town home (This is a bug that was reported 24 Jun 2021 and fixed in July 2021 but, it is back again)
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? Yes
    Details: Coming down the stairs from the 3rd to the 2nd floor the character gets stuck on the landing (see Screenshot). The only way to get past is to run up against the area in the yellow oval.
    Steps to Reproduce: Run up the stairs and try to come down.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-Core Processor (4) System RAM: 16381
    GPU: Radeon(TM) RX 460 Graphics GPU RAM: 2027
    SotA.Win.64.1476.Date.11.08.21
    Area: PRT_forest_metropolis_01/Taenby Landing
    Area Display Name: Taenby Landing
    Loc: (-8.2, 46.8, -107.4)
    Debug: UFJUX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxfFRhZW5ieSBMYW5kaW5nfCgtOC4xNTcsIDQ2Ljc1LCAtMTA3LjM3NCl8KDAsIDAuNjMsIDAsIDAuNzc2KXw2Ni4xODkwOXwyNS4zMjI4fDIuOTc1MzAy

[​IMG]

3. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Mikal Raine
    There seems to be a little speed bump but I pass through it almost immediately. Not getting stuck at all. Try setting the house to non-private, and see if it still happens for you?

4. Mikal Raine

Mikal Raine Bug Hunter

We unlocked the doors and tried again. I am still getting stuck in the area shown by the red box in the screenshot. If I keep running in place and move my mouse back and forth I will eventually get past. Otherwise I have to move to the yellow oval area and run facing the left railing to get past.

EDIT: I wonder if it has something to do with character height?

Anpu likes this.
  5. Echondas

Could be character height? I *think* my character is max height? I can try making a new character on my account and setting a medium height, or smaller - to see if that triggers it -- do you remember what height your character is?

6. Echondas

Alley Oop and I were thinking perhaps the changes Chris made previously to fix the 'sinking into the ground' avoided the bug, so it seemed fixed.. but then today's patch undid part of that, so it's noticeable again?

7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

...or rather, the sinking into the ground bug was covering up your stairs bug, so now that the sinking is fixed, the stairs are obvious again