1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed 69882] encounters bugged when in a party

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Alley Oop, Nov 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

11/09/2021 19:39
    Title: encounters bugged when in a party
    Reproduction Rate: 1 encounter
    Blocker? yes
    Details: i entered a stag encounter. the compass says private. i invited @Rinaldi to join my party to test whether encounters are working with parties. as soon as i sent the invite, before he even joined, i got the leaving in 60 seconds message. the instance kept kicking me and loading me back into it (the same one, the ash piles i harvested were still gone). after confirming that loop, i asked rinaldi to try entering by clicking my shield, but he could not:

Rinaldi (To Alley Oop): when i hover mouse over your shield it says "Alley Oop is playing in an area restricted to solo play"

the looping for me stopped once i kicked rinaldi and dissolved the party.

i reiterate that the compass says private, not solo.

checked again on 1478, still happening.

Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00GHz (4) System RAM: 23993
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER/PCIe/SSE2 GPU RAM: 6144
    SotA.Linux.64.1476.Date.11.08.21
    Area: RandomEncounter_Plains02/Stag_Dragon_HiddenVale
    Area Display Name: Plains Encounter
    Loc: (10.5, 32.5, 13.8)
    Debug: UmFuZG9tRW5jb3VudGVyX1BsYWluczAyfFN0YWdfRHJhZ29uX0hpZGRlblZhbGV8KDEwLjQ4LCAzMi40NjIsIDEzLjc5NCl8KDAsIDAuMzMxLCAwLCAwLjk0NCl8NDIuMzY1NTR8MTguNDU2NzZ8MTg=

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

leaving party doesn't stop the looping for everyone.

Rinaldi (To Alley Oop): i just got pulled into an instance next to yours !
    Rinaldi (To Alley Oop): a wolf spawned, and sucked me in. as soon as i got in, it tells me leaving instance... is that part of the bug?
    Alley Oop (To Rinaldi): yes
    Alley Oop (To Rinaldi): should be fine now that you're not in a party
    Rinaldi (To Alley Oop): hehe... it keeps spawning me into a new instance every 60 seconds !
    Alley Oop (To Rinaldi): still, now you're no longer in party??
    Rinaldi (To Alley Oop): yeh..this is the 3rd time since we un-partied...and looks like its happening again
    Alley Oop (To Rinaldi): can you add to the bug report? i atted you in it
    Alley Oop (To Rinaldi): maybe because you weren't party leader?
    Rinaldi (To Alley Oop): I did not see exactly when you left party, culd it have been while this instance was laoding, or do yu think it happened after i arrived here?
    Alley Oop (To Rinaldi): i do not know

@pr0gress
    Greedy Gress (To Universe): why after i leaving party im loading to my inst and go to loop reloading
    Greedy Gress (To Universe): evry 60 sec )
    Greedy Gress (To Universe): mmm its looks like a bug and smells the same XD
    Alley Oop (To Universe): i just reported it, but leaving the party stopped it for me. i think because i was the party leader

3. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

I was in a party with Alley Oop. She was inside the overworld encounter, and I was on the overworld where her shield was.
    Then a wolf spawned and pulled me into a separate overworld encounter.
    Alley Oop then dropped me from the party (we are not sure the party drop was done while my overworld encounter was loading or after I arrived within the encounter scene).
    However, I was now in this overworld encounter alone and not in a party - and the scene immediately stated "Leaving this instance in 60 seconds", then 30 seconds, then leaving instance, and the scene then reload and immediately stated "Leaving this instance in 60 seconds". Then 60 seconds later, The scene reloaded and immediately told me "leaving the instance in 60 seconds." This cycle kept happening ad infinitum (I think it happened about 15 times before I teleported out of the instance).
    The scene seemed to be reloading (killed creatures were still dead) rather than it creating an entirely new instance.

Addendum: I had no pet and no summons active when this happened.
    Also, I was in the "party" mode of matchmaking instance (but not in a party) and I was in a private instance.

11/09/2021 18:08
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 32708
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.Win.64.1478.Date.11.09.21
    Area: RandomEncounter_Hills01/Wolf_Dragon_HiddenVale
    Area Display Name: Hills Encounter
    Loc: (15.3, 30.0, 2.8)
    Debug: UmFuZG9tRW5jb3VudGVyX0hpbGxzMDF8V29sZl9EcmFnb25fSGlkZGVuVmFsZXwoMTUuMjU5LCAyOS45ODQsIDIuNzYpfCgwLCAwLCAwLCAxKXwwfDEwfDguNjM3Njk4

Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
    tomcat_de likes this.
  4. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

Created Issue# 69882

tomcat_de likes this.
  5. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

its not just when in parties. I am solo in mines and it starts up too.... then Its every 60 seconds only way for me to fix is to leave completely than come back in until what ever starts it up again. wonder if its my pet that starts it...

Anpu likes this.
  6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I’m standing in the Etceter Craig Mines, my multi player setting is set to party. Stood in the mines for one minute. I got no pop up. I then summoned my earth elemental and waited. Still no pop up. Also tried a tamed Obsidian Wolf. No pop up.

I am not in a party.

Also set multi to open and zoned to the mine. Still no pop up.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
    Xee likes this.
  7. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

There should be a fix for this incoming for QA with the next build. We should be starting a QA build this afternoon, so the patch should hit the server tomorrow.

Anpu and Xee like this.
  8. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

@Alley Oop @Ravalox yesterday I found an easier "solo" way to reproduce this issue. My steps were as follows:
    1. Be in party multiplayer mode.
    2. Do not be in a group.
    3. Enter an adventure scene. (In my case that was East Vauban Foothills)
    4. When in the scene send a party invite for someone to join you. (In my case a Guildie)
    5. As soon as the quest list shifted to accommodate the pending group, I started seeing the rolling 60 second instance change notification.
    6. This prevented my guildie from teleporting to me as a result of the pending transition as a side note.

In the case of @Xee, My theory of what happened to him is what happened to me.
    I had a case where after adventuring with a guildie in party, that guildie switched to an alt (went offline) and I went into a mine (EC Mine).
    When the timeout on my now "offline" party member expired, I swapped from being in a party to not.
    When I received the "Party has disbanded" notification, then I went into rolling instance change notification.

So it appears to occur whenever a player is in an adventuring instance and creates or destroys party state. I.E. goes from not grouped to grouped or from not grouped to grouped.

Anpu, Xee and Rinaldi like this.
  9. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

now that you mention it I was in a party just prior to me leaving town to the mines.

10. CosmoDJ

CosmoDJ Avatar

Instance change bug

11. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

Reproduction Rate: unknown

Blocker? yes

Details: While leader of a group in party mode, and only one in the instance, I left the group. I then immediately got the "Leaving scene in 60 seconds" warning. The scene reloaded and immediately started another "Leaving scene in 60 seconds" warning. It always reloads to the exact same instance so if I killed a mob, I can loot it after reloading the scene. It's been doing this for about 10 minutes now. Just keeps reloading endlessly.

Also heard this happened to another player, but in that case I was in party but not in scene and the leader just kept getting "Leaving scene in 60 seconds" over and over again after each instance reload.

Steps to Reproduce: Not sure. In both cases only the 1 affected player was in the scene but in my case I'd left the party. In the other players case I was in party.

I suspect this may be related to Chris's recent update to keep players from forcing a scene reload. I'm not forcing it. It's just happening, endlessly.

It's been another 10 minutes and it's still going. Reloaded scene close to 20 times now.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 19346
    GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 GPU RAM: 1136
    SotA.Win.64.1478.Date.11.09.21
    Area: BlackbladePass_NorthEntrance
    Area Display Name: Northwest Blackblade Mountains
    Loc: (-137.4, 57.9, 212.7)
    Debug: QmxhY2tibGFkZVBhc3NfTm9ydGhFbnRyYW5jZXx8KC0xMzcuMzksIDU3Ljk0OCwgMjEyLjcxMyl8KDAsIC0wLjc0NCwgMCwgLTAuNjY4KXw5Ni4xNjE4N3wxMHw1LjMwNTYwNQ==

12. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

11/19/2021 23:31
    Title: Cycling out from instance after exiting party
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker?
    Details: When i being in party and go alone to private location aftrr leave party (or if other members offline) starts looped exit from instance.
    Steps to Reproduce: Join the party, go to the any private location and leave party
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 24520
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 GPU RAM: 4002
    SotA.Win.64.1484.Date.11.17.21
    Area: Novia_R2_Hills01_EtceterCragMines
    Area Display Name: Etceter Crag Mines
    Loc: (-20.7, -30.0, 134.5)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjJfSGlsbHMwMV9FdGNldGVyQ3JhZ01pbmVzfHwoLTIwLjY4NCwgLTMwLjAxMSwgMTM0LjQ2KXwoMCwgMC4yNzQsIDAsIDAuOTYyKXwxNjMuNDU4OHwxNC4xNzY2M3wyLjkyOTk5OQ==
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.