Outlaws' Stone question

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Anpu, Nov 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I spent quite a bit of time several days killing the various Outlaws here, but never did happen upon the Outlaws' Stone item. I then went and got the Find Milosh quest. I then proceeded to kill more various Outlaws and then I was able to find one.

The item wasn’t a yellow quest item, but was a green no trade item.

What I was wondering, is this item just an extremely rare item that can drop, or is it an item that can only be found when you have the flag for it (you know about the item)?

Would just like to put some accurate information on the wiki for this item.

Thank you!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
    FrostII likes this.
  2. jrs99

jrs99 Bug Hunter

I just noticed I had the Outlaw's Stone after doing the Milosh quest as well.

Anpu and FrostII like this.
  3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

What is this "Outlaws' Stone" of which you speak ?

4. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

The outlaw's stone is a quest item.
    I got my stone from Miloslava when I spoke to her about finding her brother (she says getting through the maze has something to do with the stones, and then she gives you a stone). You may need to talk to the guards at the waystation to get the Miloslava quest before miloslava gives you the stone (not sure about that tho).
    I am not sure if it drops as loot as well (although after killing a lot there, I have yet to get one as loot).
    The stone is used to create a shortcut through the maze (but is not necessary to get through the maze - at least it was not necessary when I last went through the maze).

See text in journal below (underlined in red)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
    jrs99, FrostII and Anpu like this.
  5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Just a FYI, Miloslava does not hand you a stone when she gives you the Find Milosh quest. But after she gives you that quest, manually type stone and then she will give you one. It the same, no trade item you will find on the bandits. Not sure if the item is supposed to actually be the yellow quest item.

Also I just discovered a bug (reported) after you find Milosh, and report back to her, she says she will hand you one, but doesn’t if you already got one from her.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
    FrostII and Rinaldi like this.
  7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Some general feedback on the actual spot where you use the stone:

The current drop for the stone is basically impossible to find. Unknown if it is a flagged drop item.

Because we can’t even find these it’s currently faster to just spin the arrows.

Does using the stone in the slot actually work?

In speaking to another player, even if the stone puzzle works (?) they just found it faster to just use the arrows to just get in.

8. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Hi Anpu,
    @Sannio may want to see this thread.
    Pehaps Miloslava should have "stone" appear as a keyword when she mentions the stone? (if this done not occur already, I can't recall).
    The "shortcut" was not really a shortcut when I last went through the maze (which I think was one or 2 releases ago).
    From what I recall, i got through the maze in one step whether I used the Outlaw's stone or not.
    So, effectively the outlaws stone was not helpful.
    I am not sure if this is the way the maze is intended to work (perhaps the maze is supposed to take several steps to solve when not using the outlaws stone?).
    It is also possible that more quests are planned for the hideout, and in the future it may be necessary to return to the hideout frequently (in which case a shortcut might be more relevant, especially if it actually decreases the number of step required to get through the maze.).

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
    FrostII and Anpu like this.
  9. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Some notes about the Outlaw's Stone

The Outlaw's Stone item is available from outlaw bodies in The Outlaws' Run, but only after you get the quest from Miloslava. This also opens up the option to say "stone" to Miloslava and get one from her, but no more than once each day.

The stone's not a yellow quest item because it's an option and not a requirement.

There's a "long way" process to get through the maze, but the stone will force the maze to instantly give you the best path through the maze.

The maze isn't meant to 100% block players from getting to the outlaw village. It's a low-effort obstacle that can be beaten physically (use the arrows) or mentally (use a stone).

If she's saying she's giving you one and isn't, then that's bad wording and I need to fix it. Issue #69894

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.