1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Need More Info 69484] Can't turn in Wooden Taming Necklaces for mounts

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Gwendolyn Obscuro, Aug 9, 2021.

1. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

08/09/2021 09:02
    Title: Can't turn in wooden taming necklaces for mounts
    Reproduction Rate: so far...
    Blocker? no

Details: It was changed so you can't have regular taming necklaces in your inventory when turning in horses tamed onto wooden taming necklaces to exchange for the mount version. But even though I put all the regular necklaces I had on me (including locked ones and ones in bag and the one I was wearing) into the bank, I am still being asked for Taming Necklace (Palomino Horse) instead of Wooden Taming Necklace (Palomino Horse). It is the same for Bay and Blanket horses. I have tried in Braemar and Owls Head.

Steps to Reproduce: Put any regular Taming Necklaces in the bank but have a horse tamed onto a wooden necklace , then talk to Nob in Owls head and say Blanket Horse, Palomino Horse or Bay Horse depending on what type of horse you tamed.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8) System RAM: 16252
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GPU RAM: 4061
    SotA.Win.64.1429.Date.07.31.21
    Area: Braemar
    Area Display Name: Braemar
    Loc: (-53.1, 27.2, 40.1)
    Debug: QnJhZW1hcnx8KC01My4xNDEsIDI3LjE4MywgNDAuMTAyKXwoMCwgMC4wNDQsIDAsIDAuOTk5KXwzODkuODIzMnwyNS4xNDE2MnwyLjU4MDM3Nw==

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

previous 69135 for reference

3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report! Issue #69484

4. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

FYI - if anyone is having an issue with this -- a regular crafted 'taming necklace' works fine with this; it's the NPC purchased low-durability 'wooden taming necklace' that doesn't work.

5. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

I have turned in wooden necklaces. It is a pain but it works. You just can't have any regular taming necklaces in your possession. ("just"....)

6. StymieLLTS

StymieLLTS Avatar

This Quest also doesn't always work if you try to do the Turn In with a +1 Taming Necklace

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
  7. Sannio

I want to add a note here for people who have issues turning in taming necklaces: If you have both wooden and non-wooden taming necklaces in your inventory, the NPC will only accept the non-wooden ones. In fact, the NPC will mention that in their conversation when you try to make a trade while possessing both items, and give you helpful instructions on how you can proceed. ("I'm currently only accepting non-wooden taming necklaces. If you have both types...")
    • If you only have a non-wooden taming necklace, the NPC will trade for it.
    • If you only have a wooden taming necklace, the NPC will trade for it.
    • If you have both a non-wooden taming necklace AND a wooden taming necklace, the NPC will only trade for the non-wooden taming necklace.
    If you want to keep such trades simple, whenever you have both wooden and non-wooden taming necklaces first go put one type in storage (such as the bank) and then return to the NPC to make a trade with the other type.

Anpu likes this.
  8. Alley Oop

9. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Unfortunately it does not. I did hear someone else say they were able to turn in a wooded necklace the other day so there must be more to this but I haven't figured it out.

I know about the not being allowed to have regular taming necklaces in your inventory, as stated in my original post I had removed them before trying to trade the wooden ones in.

Steps taken to re-test this today:
    • At my lot in Bastion's Point I picked up a bag containing the wooden taming necklaces with the three types of horses tamed onto them. I removed two bags from my inventory that contained taming necklaces and placed them on my lot
    • I zoned to Braemar and went straight to the banker. I unlocked all non-wooden taming necklaces from my inventory including the one for the pet I had just dismissed and removed from my neck, put them all in a bag and put that bag in the bank.
    • I spoke to the master taming trainer, said 'accept a rider', 'taming necklace' then bay horse. He asked for a regular taming necklace not the wooden one. I repeated for blanket and palomino horses with the same result.
    • Wondering if it mattered that my wooden necklaces were in a bag I took one of each tamed horse type out of the bag and into my regular inventory. Tried to trade again but still was only asked for regular taming necklaces.
    • Searched my inventory again including all bags I was carrying. No regular taming necklaces but I had 'item sold' papers for some so I put those receipts in the bank and tried the trade again. Still didn't work.
    • Teleported to Owls Head to speak to Nob so I would have entered the zone with no non-wooden taming necklaces in my inventory. Still asking for regular taming necklaces.
    • Just in case mounts remembered what kind of necklace they were created from (very unlikely) I put my mounts in the bank and tried again. Still no luck.
    • Checked inventory again. Really no regular taming necklaces in inventory including any bags! If the database thinks I have any on me they are invisible to me.
    I'm not sure what would make this character specific. I successfully turned in both wooden and crafted taming necklaces before the change to tell you to leave the wooden ones at home. I keep A LOT of taming necklaces in my inventory generally so honestly it would be easier for me to pass the bag of necklaces to an alt to turn in than to go thru my inventory each time unlocking and locking my pets but I wanted to confirm whether I still had the issue.

11/30/2021 09:14
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8) System RAM: 16252
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GPU RAM: 4061
    SotA.Win.64.1490.Date.11.23.21
    Area: OwlsHead
    Area Display Name: Owl's Head
    Loc: (115.2, 71.7, 53.2)
    Debug: T3dsc0hlYWR8fCgxMTUuMTczLCA3MS43MDksIDUzLjIxNyl8KDAsIC0wLjk1OSwgMCwgMC4yODIpfDIxMi44MDQ3fDM0LjI5NzkyfDUuMTc2MzEz

Alley Oop and Anpu like this.
  10. Alley Oop

@Sannio, there's still an exception to catch here.

11. Sannio

@Gwendolyn Obscuro , I'd like to log in with your character later today. I want to check if there's anything special I can see about your character as a dev. Please let me know the name of your character, which you can tell me in a PM me if you don't want to mention it here. Also, please let me know how many trades and which type of trades you want me to try. For example, if you have 5 bay brown wooden taming necklaces and want me to try trading 2 of them, let me know.

12. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Character name is same as here, Gwendolyn Obscuro. I logged out in Owl's head just after making the post so I should only have the wooden taming necklaces on me. There should be one of each of the three tamed horse types in my main inventory and then a few more of each in an unnamed bag (don't remember if its a small bag or a backpack). You can exchange any or all of the tamed horses. If it is character specific issue I can just trade the non exchanged ones to an alt later but the original plan was to exchange them all.

13. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I’m also seeing this. Just having 1 Wooden Taming Necklace (Blanket Horse) in my inventory, speaking to either Bodan or Falcon clicking accept a rider and blanket horse, the item turn in windows is asking for only the Taming Necklace (not wooden taming necklace).

I have no other necklaces with horses in my inventory.

14. Gwendolyn Obscuro

I hate to say this but when I logged in this morning I found a regular taming necklace in my inventory. When I put it in the bank I am now able to trade in my wooden necklaces. I'm not sure how I could have missed it so many times except that it was a named pet so it did not sort with taming or necklace. So either I just didn't see it when I was looking through the locked items or it was glitched so I couldn't see it (which does happen for various items from time to time but usually that's when you move them and is fixed with a re-log)

Many apologies and thanks for looking into it!

Alley Oop likes this.
  15. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

From a Player Facing perspective I think I get why this isn't working. Many tamers may have several different Taming Whistles on them either in a bag or locked to inventory.

I you have even ONE single Taming Necklace in your inventory (any creature) it will never allow you to turn in a Wooden Taming Necklace.

You MUST remove every single Taming Necklace from your inventory before you can ever turn in a wooden one.

16. Sannio

Thanks for the update. I didn't see it either, probably for the same reasons. I'll pass it along to the programmer looking into the issue.

Echondas likes this.