I hope this is included in PVP discussions...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by queenbee, Nov 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. queenbee

queenbee Avatar

some kind of a currency reward for PVP?

[​IMG]

The use of skulls and body parts are rather limiting.. sell them or build a fence.

[​IMG]

tomcat_de and Time Lord like this.
  2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

This is what happens when there's no super PvP buff cannibal food that can be made of them.
    Sometimes I think turning PvP into cannibalism would be much better than factions.
    Body Part Sump Needed... o_O~TL~

3. queenbee

queenbee Avatar

Cannibalistic super food would certainly be easier to implement than factions (but both would be great!).

But, knowing Estroma, if he says he'll give you safe passage to shop his house of horrors, he'll give you safe passage.

Anpu and Time Lord like this.
  4. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I linked this into the hunting children thread... Getting rid of one evil needs to bring another to the world or it's just too nice. ~TL~
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-questline-needs-warning.170580/#post-1333918

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

???
    [​IMG]

tomcat_de and Time Lord like this.
  6. queenbee

queenbee Avatar

I guess TimeLord doesn't consider this superfood and it really benefits those who use chaos.

I also do not consider this a "currency" reward.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I'd like to see these types of consumables be PvP exclusive and provide "pvp only" buffs. There's no downside to cannibalism and no upside for killing cannibals :)~TL~

8. Estroma Tólito

Estroma Tólito Avatar

You can make similar food using game meat instead of player skulls lol

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

This consumable is the closest thing you will ever see to cannibalism in this game. Chris is against cannibalism and always has been.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

@Bowen Bloodgood was the most starch opponent to cannibalism. I know for the longest time, he wouldn't even drink a potion due to the corps wax in it. I don't know if he still dosn't, but he was once quite dedicated not to.
    As for myself, I very rarely use potions, but that's one of the great reasons that I'm rarely found in any of my characters to be found in high content, but I do believe there should be great evil in our world in order to contrast with greater good.

We have the morbid, but a better evil and good we still lack, in the same amount as is lacking in our PvP gaming design. It's that place, I wished cannibalism to flurish, because it fits the world in trouble storyline. ~TL~

11. queenbee

queenbee Avatar

Logically, if the cannibal stew is acquired by PVP, then it should somehow benefit pvp and not the general public. But since this thread isn't really about cannibalism, I would hope some kind of currency reward is in discussions FOR PVP. Estroma reminded us quite eloquently that there is no monetary gain to PVP.

Time Lord likes this.
  12. CatDude

CatDude Avatar

@queenbee technically, there are the Obsidian Skull Coins and Medallions for PVP in The Trial, though they seriously lack fungibility. Perhaps having a League of Skull figure suddenly appear after combat to congrat you on your victory and hand you either of those two or CotO or GP (randomized chance) might stir up interest, as well making the LoS a factor in multiplayer interactions.

Anpu and Time Lord like this.
  13. queenbee

queenbee Avatar

o_O
    Yep, not really seeing this compel people to PVP much less join the Obsidian Trials.

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Pvp points that you acquire thru pvp that are only used for pvp items and consumables would at least give people a reason to do it. The obsidian trial stuff didn't work. The only time I've ever seen anyone bother with the trials, was when they're just trying to manipulate it to get the emotes

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Still don't. Still won't. :) Corpse wax comes from fat and only obtainable from humanoid undead.. thus cannibalism. Besides, being non-water solvable is has no business being a potion ingredient in the first place. That said, as some may remember way back when I did in fact submit a solution for cannibalism I thought everyone (including myself) could live with. As with all subject matter it's a question of how it's dealt with. How SotA currently deals with it is entirely without merit. I'm still annoyed that new players are given what is essentially a cannibalistic potion when they log in and aren't made aware of the ingredients. Yes I know most people don't care, but some do. How hard is it really for a health potion to actually use an ingredient NOT associated with death? *eyeroll* Anyway, I digress.. back to your regularly scheduled discussion...

Dinsoo and Time Lord like this.
  16. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

Hehe, it's a bit of a side-track (sorry) but there's some interesting points here.

Corpse Wax can be obtained from Ghost Corpions as well, which is a nice non-cannibalistic option. Beyond that, there's nothing to say various potions and tinctures don't contain solvents for fats, or emulsifiers. Nor really does it need them. A few globby chunks in a potion is no big worry... just pinch your nose and think bubble tea.

Alley Oop and Time Lord like this.
  17. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

Just to be thorough there's some other uses for player bones (wind chimes, cannibal stew, various bone piles, skull candles and goblets) but I agree with your sentiment. More substantial rewards for PvP could add a lot of fun and meaning.

Time Lord likes this.
  18. CatDude

CatDude Avatar

Meantime, six more medallions and I can finally claim rank of Corporal. Tis a long climb ahead to Colonel.

Time Lord likes this.
  19. CatDude

CatDude Avatar

I'm guessing they can't use the old "Ginseng and Spider Silk' combo of the old Ultima series, seeing as EA won't sell back Garriott's old properties.

Bowen Bloodgood and Time Lord like this.
  20. Estroma Tólito

Estroma Tólito Avatar

Golden words, tks bee for bringing this up as well. PVP makes endgame not reachable, pve endgame is reachable very fast, mind that.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.