Player-Owned Town (POT) Owner FAQ

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Elgarion, Sep 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

Hmm. I was looking for information on how to use a jukebox to implement town music, but I am not finding that information in the Player Instructions on in the Wiki. I'm sure I can ask in Universal Chat and someone will explain it, but I thought you might wish to include it in the Player Instructions.

FrostII likes this.
  2. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings Raven Swiftbow
    I just checked my POT and the "Broadcast Automated Phonograph", I think this is a special type that only came with a Player Owned Town. When you place it and then dbl-click to open the storage you can place any/most Wax Scrolls and then they will automatically play. Visitors will hear the music when in the town as long as they have music turned on and up. If you want to see mine you can visit New Fawn between Mud and NoReach.

Spryone, Raven Swiftbow and FrostII like this.
  3. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

Hmm. Thanks for that info. I'll need to look in my POT chest and see if that's lurking in there somewhere!

FrostII likes this.
  4. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

I just bought a POT (yeah!!) and I've already clicked on "Submit description and lock". So all I have to do now is wait for my POT to originate with the next or next release, right?

5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Just be a bit patient, the devs have to do a bunch of manual things to add it to the game. Just keep checking the patch notes, as they will mention when your town is added. Also congratulations!!! :D

Lilith Ayin likes this.
  6. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Grats, Lilith!
    Welcome to "the next level" of decoration projects ;) :)
    Let me know when you get set up I will come explore!

Lilith Ayin, Lained and Anpu like this.
  7. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

Jay Nord asked a similar question and I saw Elgarion's answer but I am rephrasing it for the current situation.
    How many links can a single wagon (or hatch, boat or balloon) have? Depends on the size of the POT?
    I'm in QA testing and in my Hamlet size POT I don't see a way to add more than one destination in a single wagon.

8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

it's one per item, always. it does not scale. the ones that have multiple destinations are hand-made by the devs, and they don't make those any more.

9. Pifester

Pifester Bug Hunter

Are you sure about that, reason I'm asking - I thought whenever you did a major request (50.00 token) you could add towns to the teleporter...up to +3, along with whatever work you were requesting to be done. I know that's how I did mine in the past. I know the single shot teleporters are MUCH less work for them, but I thought they would still add a few towns if you requested it.

10. Alley Oop

11. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

The truth is that in this way it does not seem too interesting to buy those items in the COTO Store. 1500 COTOs, or 1000 with the discount, for a single destination is absolutely excessive, unless the COTOs are coming out of your ears (or the real money to buy COTOs).
    It is a decision of the developers, but from the point of view of the player it seems unfair that there are old POTs with so many possible destinations in a single wagon or boat and that the new governors have to pay that amount for a single destination.
    I was about to buy COTOs to buy a couple of wagons and thus have a link with eight or ten interesting points, now that I know that I would only have two destinations, I will not spend my money on that.
    Thanks for the info Alley.

12. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

I'm thinking of changing Regnum's biome and location. Does the Major Work Request Voucher also include the change of location or should I use a coupon for each thing?

13. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

One major voucher will cover both the biome change and location change.

Remember that a biome change will require an eviction, so if you do get a biome change make sure to have every resident pack up their stuff (probably into the Property Manager) beforehand. (Evictions are usually performed in the week before the release date.)

Isabel Ayin, Anpu and Time Lord like this.
  14. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

Thank you very much, Sannio :)
    I have already purchased Player Owned Town Major Work Request Voucher and have requested to unlock the town's form. I hope that they will unlock it soon, to see if it is possible to introduce the changes with the next patch.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2022
  15. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

I have three questions, please.

1. How long does it take to unlock the form to request the change of template and name from when you send the email to support@portalarium.com?
    2. The template has fresh water by default, is it possible to request that it have salt water? It is a sea (or an ocean), the logical thing would be for the POT to have salt water.
    3. Is it possible to place an umbrella and some beach towels in the "Forest 01a" template, in the place where my character is in the screenshot?

[​IMG]

Time Lord likes this.
  16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

There are statues they sell in the crown store that change the water type of your POT.
    The only way to know is to give it a try.

Time Lord likes this.
  17. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

I appreciate the reply, but that doesn't answer my questions.
    I know they sell those statues in the store, I want to know if I can request salt water with the template change.
    And I would also like to have a piece of beach that looks like a beach with umbrellas and towels. Giving a template a chance costs 50 dollars, before choosing it I would like to know if it can be as I have in mind. Maybe someone has that template and has placed objects on that site.
    However, thank you for the information :)

Time Lord likes this.
  18. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I'm not certain and I speak not as a Catnip person, only as a player, but I think within the order form there is a place for special requests, when the request for bio change is made.

What I would do is PM or call the programmers through "@name" here in the forum to ask them.
    ~Time Lord~

Isabel Ayin likes this.
  19. jrs99

jrs99 Bug Hunter

All POTs come with freshwater. If you want salt or fetid, you can buy the statues on the COTO store.
    Yes, you can place deco objects including umbrellas and towels on POT land
    They'll unlock your form when they get a chance

Welcome to POT ownership... it's not always roses...

You do realize that the initial POT purchase is only the beginning of money you will spend right?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
    Lained likes this.
  20. Alley Oop

no, because it's built into the template. there's no way to change it for one town that would not change it for every town using that template.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.