Entering a scene whilst mounted is almost more annoying than if it wasn't there

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Mapper, Nov 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mapper

Mapper Bug Hunter

A few releases ago it was changed so if you entered a scene whilst mounted on a horse you would appear in the new scene mounted.. Only, this has been done so lazily it is quite annoying, you enter the scene then are frozen for 4-5 seconds as you mount your horse, I was already on it!

It honestly would have been better not to bother?

tomcat_de, Barugon and that_shawn_guy like this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Mounts are way more hassle than benefit.

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

They work great doing the Signal Fire quest daily.

Sean Silverfoot and Cordelayne like this.
  4. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

For the current implementation of mounts, it would be great if they could fix these two things:
    1. When changing scenes while on a mount, make it so we appear in the new scene already on the mount (rather than appear in the scene unmounted, and then wait while the avatar re-mounts) - this suggestion was alluded to above.
    2. make it so we can mount while walking/running (see video below). Standing still while mounting is a bit of a nuisance to me. Maybe you can make this a learnable skill (Speed of Mounting): As the level increases, the running speed during mount will increase and time it takes to mount will decrease.

Cordelayne likes this.
  5. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

I like immersion as much as the next person. But, I like getting stuff done too.

If we had and "instant mount" option that skips the animation, I'd have it checked.

6. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

I made that and had problem while re-mounting on next scene without actually using the item again. It's still on my work/thinking list.

No buff is apply if i just mount the visual and don't trigger the item (which make your character run normally even on a horse). There is also an effect on player when entering a scene which make you invulnerable for some seconds and there is that blueish effect moving on character, which start AFTER the scene is loaded, and which also reset the player state (that automatically remove the mount and it look like the mount is glitching for you and dont appear for other). I have to use the mount after this has started. And changing that part is super complicated/game changer.

What i can do for now, i can make an option something like "Automatically re-mount previously used mount" and set it off by default in settings.

7. Rothana

Rothana Avatar

Being forced to watch myself mount up every time I enter a scene when I was already mounted before entering the scene is driving me up the wall. It is miserable and infuriating.
    When this was first introduced I reported it as a bug because I thought that it was a bug. They fixed the issue with it forcing you to mount and not having mounted speed, but they did not fix the forced mounting animation happening.

My work around right now is that I try to remember to dismount before entering a scene, because otherwise I have to wait for the forced mounting animation to end before I can watch the dismounting animation. Unfortunately it is also forcing me to mount whenever I enter the overworld, even if I left a scene on foot.

Ideally I would love to please please please see two things happen:
    1) Don't force a re-mount animation, let us enter a scene still mounted.
    2) Give us some menu options for this functionality. I'd prefer it if the game never ever forced me to be mounted. Please let me choose when I want to use my mount. Let me choose what I want to happen when I enter a scene. I would pick an option that always loaded me into a scene on foot. I would pick an option for the overworld to never automatically mount me.

Cordelayne and FrostII like this.
  8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

this i have not seen, definitely a bug. is anyone else experiencing it?

9. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Option has been added in settings and its on QA, its off by default.

Mapper, FrostII, Anpu and 1 other person like this.
  10. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

11. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

SO, just tested on QA.
    With the "automatically remount on scene change" option is unchecked:
    If you are mounted when you enter a zone from overworld or leave a zone to the overworld, you arrive at your destination on foot.

with option checked, it behaves as it currently does on live server.
    If you are mounted when enter a zone from overworld or leave a zone to the overworld, you arrive at your destination on foot and then you slowly mount.

While this option is much appreciated, I hope this is only a temporary work around.
    It would be far more user friendly and polished if we just stayed mounted when entering/leaving a zone when this option is selected.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
  12. Mapper

Mapper Bug Hunter

Thank you very much!

13. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

What I really would like is stay mounted when moving in/to the overworld and auto-dismount as soon as I enter a scene. That would really save me a ton of mounting/dismounting!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.