Mysteria Yule Gift Exchange

Discussion in 'One-Time Player Events' started by Jakkal, Dec 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

Open to all outlanders.

To Participate:
    If you would like to add one for yourself or a friend, send a gift box to Xrossfire Bugseye and your gift box will be set up in the park with add contents set to public. I have a limited # of gift boxes available for those that need one.

Note: All Mysteria town residents have a gift box. You do not have to be a resident of Mysteria to participate.

To Donate:
    If you want to donate to a specific player. Find the players gift box and add your gift.

3 Donations chests have also been placed for players that want to donate to random players. These items will be distributed randomly to the gift boxes on the night of Dec 25th.

Notes to the Devs:
    If you wish to post a yuletide or thank you note to the devs, a gift box for the devs is available next to the donation boxes. A backpack with blank paper is beside the dev gift box for those that come unprepared.

Gift Pickup:
    Your gifts will be made available with permissions set for pickup on Dec 26th.

PARTY:
    Thanks to Elgarion, we'll be having a party on Dec 26th. Time and location to be announced later.

If you have any questions please contact Xrossfire Bugseye in game, or Jakkal on the forums.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
  2. Koimiko

Koimiko Avatar

Such Goodwill and a great way to help other Outlanders.
    When should we start sending items or boxes?

Sonja and Time Lord like this.
  3. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

If you want to add yourself or a friend to participate, send a gift box renamed with the players name to Xrossfire Bugseye.

You can deliver items to specific players by dropping them off in the gift boxes in Mysteria at the park next to the Emerald Cove street sign. The park also has 3 chests available for donations which will be randomly distributed later among the participant's gift boxes. You can optionally donate items via game mail to Xrossfire Bugseye. Just designate that its for the gift exchange.

Koimiko and Time Lord like this.
  4. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

100 Tumbprint Cookies (+25% Skill learning for an hour)
    [​IMG]
    :) Because Santa is coming :)!'

Koimiko, vulcanjedi and Jakkal like this.
  5. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Time Lord, Koimiko and Jakkal like this.
  6. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

lol you included "party" in the events description. Guess that's a thing now. PARTY TIME on Dec 26th. Details on time and location to be added later.

Any chance for some dev donations to the gifts?

Elgarion, Time Lord and Koimiko like this.
  7. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all and Jakkal
    I would like to suggest that Gift boxes be setup for all Catnip employees. They already have access to all items in the game but instead of gifts we write letters thanking them for their hard work and what we like most about SOTA. No request for changes, no negative comments, just Letters in the best Merry Christmas way.

Time Lord, Jakkal and Koimiko like this.
  8. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

Not sure I know them all but I like the idea. I'll set up one for all the devs.

9. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hehe, I can remove "party" if you like, up to you. As for providing items, here is our forum post which includes what types of things we provide: Player Event Trophies and Special Item Requests | Shroud of the Avatar Forum

For this one since it's not a contest/trophy related, probably would just be you sending me items to rename, whatever you decide to send. Just ping me if you do so I know to login and change items and send them back. Maybe renaming gift boxes or something?

10. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

Thanks. The party is fine. I may even add a fishing tourny. ;-)

Is it possible to create a pedestal participation trophy with a rotating snow globe, gift box, miniature snowman, tapletop elf, or tabletop yule tree? Maybe an alternate version for players that donate gifts? I know its late to ask for something like that. Possibly something I send participants after the event if its too late to get them in by the 26th. Roughly 40 participants so far.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
    Time Lord likes this.
  11. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

A gift box for the devs has been added next to the donation boxes for those that want to post notes to the devs. With a backpack of blank paper next to it for those that come unprepared. ;-)

Koimiko, Eveara and Time Lord like this.
  12. Koimiko

Koimiko Avatar

13. Eveara

Eveara Avatar

In the process of adding tunes to the boxes.

If some people have some specific song they'd want to get, send me a PM here or in-game and I'll try to make it happen. :)

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

@Eveara is an awesome Bard, and created "You're a mean one" for me in just a few minutes. :D

Eveara and Time Lord like this.
  15. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

Please donate your gifts by midnight NBT. You can later, but I'll be distributing the items and begin setting up the gift box permissions for players to pick up items. If anyone has any issues picking items up please let me know. Due to how things work, I'll be sending/delivering the actual gift box container after you've picked up your goodies.

If anyone still wants to donate you can drop them off in Mysteria at the Emerald Cove signpost. Gifts and donation chests are in the park next to the signpost.

Thanks to everyone who has donated. It's been awesome.

Xrossfire

Time Lord and vulcanjedi like this.
  16. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

All donated gifts have been distributed . Gift pickup is in Mysteria @ Emerald Cove. For those willing to wait I'll try to set up a gift opening event at 3pm NBT. No promises though so if I'm not online please proceed to open your gifts.

Please note, the current in game system to allow gift box guest access doesn't appear to be working. Please contact Xrossfire Bugseye in game to pick up your gift.

The donation boxes will remain available until 3pm NBT. If any further items are donated they will be randomly distributed to gift boxes or sent by mail if the player has picked up their items.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2021
    Time Lord likes this.
  17. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

Donation boxes have been removed. Thanks for all the donations. The event went really well.

Please contact me in game to arrange pick up of your gifts.

Xrossfire Bugseye

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.