Improving the vendor experence: Price-per-unit stacks

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Tiina Onir, Jan 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

I preemptively apologize, I know this has come up before, but I can't find it now. With the relatively recent addition of the zone-vendor list one of my personal (and I know I'm not alone in this) wish-list items has become more important then ever to add: Price-per-unit stacks on vendors.

Basically, when I put up commodities right now I have to make multiple stacks. This is a hassle for everyone in the game.
    1. This is a hassle for me (the seller) because I have to put up multiple stacks. (and worse when I want to reprice them all!)
    2. It's a hassle for the person who's buying because they can only buy the amount there are stacks for, rather then the amount they need.
    3. Now it's a hassle for anyone looking for other goods in the zone, because all the stacks of commodities have to load in the zone-vendor list
    PLEASE let us make stacks with a per-unit price that anyone can buy any amount from at that price. It's better for the seller, it's better for the buyer, it's better for someone searching for other stuff, it's even better for you because you're not spending the bandwidth sending so many stacks of commodities.

devilronin, FrostII, Gravidy and 16 others like this.
  2. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

3. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

It would also help the market for crafting components a lot. It's super inconvenient to list things like metal sheets, coils, etc, because the buyer usually wants a specific amount without leftovers.

4. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Love this idea. I'm in favor and hope it can be implemented.

Updating prices for 200 items per vendor is painful the way its currently setup. My older son plays the game and mentioned a similar concern. It isnt just me saying this :D

To pull each stack and repost with the new price takes more time than it should IMO. It may improve our economy if there was an easier way to update. Just a guess.

5. Duke Ezekiel Cooper

Duke Ezekiel Cooper Avatar

6. thradia

thradia Avatar

Agree with both @Tiina Onir and @Sentinel2
    These things are needed in our vendor system - it would make it so much better all around

FrostII, Adam Crow, Wilfred and 3 others like this.
  7. Wilfred

Wilfred Avatar

Adam Crow likes this.
  8. devilronin

devilronin Avatar

price history per item would be nice, as an addon for this inglorious suggestion/wishy, price ranges are also very wild out there

Sentinel2 likes this.
  9. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Something like the tamriel trade centre used in ESO would be nice. Prices may start out really crazy and eventually stabilize as more data points are added. It's an add on mod to the game but they also have a searchable web site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.