Top Tier Tamable DPS Comparison - Taming Tamer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by darbue, Jan 11, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darbue

darbue Avatar

With the recent discussion of adjusting tamables I wanted to get a baseline for the current state of top-tier pets prior to any changes. Here are the DPS ratings of all the current top-tiered pets with my setup. I will follow-up after any updates with the same testing parameters - cheers!

TESTING PARAMATERS:
    Methodology: I kept max charged Frenzy on my pet and timed (in seconds) until the target was dead. Then I took the total target HP and divided by the time to kill. I took three samples and averaged the DPS between samples.
    Target: Razorback Destroyer - 30,225 hp
    Buffs: Tamer +10 pet level | Max Charged Frenzy lvl 120
    Pet Gear: Leather Ball of Haste +3 [+10% atk speed, +6% crit dmg multiplier, +3.3% crit hit reduc, +1% armor durability] | Leather Collar of Motivation +2 [ +5 companion level, +6% crit dmg multiplier, +1.3 health regen] | Leather Harness of Speed +2 [+15% companion move rate, +2% critical hit chance, +1.3 focus regen]
    Player Gear: All epic taming gear - except one of my rings which was uncommon ring of the ringmaster - Wolf helm - +20 tame level in my weapon slot
    Player Skills: Tame Creature 142 | Heal Creature 100 | Summoning 132 | Obedience 100 | Collar Recovery 102 | Resurrect Creature 24 | Frenzy 120 | Combat Training 142 | Pet Speed Training 116 | Pet Strength Training 120 | Concentration 100 | Refresh 120 | Taming Specialization 120 | Pet Taunt Training 100 | Pet Attack Precision Training 120 | Pet Hide Toughness Training 112

Here are the results:
    [​IMG]

Observations:
    1. I was surprised at the critical hits of the Ferocious White Wyvern - the biggest hits being ~3,400... although the attacks are slow. The poison is interesting, I wish it also did damage and swung more often.
    2. The bottom 3 DPS candidates are mythical creatures which saddens me that they aren't effective combat pets compared to the top 3.
    3. The dragon is not only terrible dps, but the highest summon level needed aside from wyverns (99).
    4. Unicorn and Nightmares are good for AOE but still bottom 3 DPS so not really effective when you can kill 1x1 faster with Spawn of Sobek.
    5. Spider poison could be higher, but better than the Corpion, which is just sad something like 6 damage per tick.
    6. Big cats are pretty good, I hope we can tame legendary version and they are competitive.

Overall I am excited to see the dev team bring the mythical creatures up to top 3. Hopefully this was useful, I will follow-up after adjustments. OTHER TAMING threads, feel free to use this info for any guides ETC.

EDITED NOTE: I saw the chain following the initial tweet on rebalancing https://mobile.twitter.com/catnipgames/status/1470778272686424077 like the adjustments, but after these tests im hoping there are more updates. If not im happy to stay team croc :)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

It’s seems strange that lower summon level creatures do more dps??

Time Lord, darbue and FBohler like this.
  3. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Congrats on your effort to make this happen! I'm sure it'll be helpful for both devs and players alike.

Time Lord and darbue like this.
  4. darbue

darbue Avatar

@Anpu It is odd, and seems to be the inciting reason in Chris’s tweet about why he’s working on rebalancing the pets. The tweet https://mobile.twitter.com/catnipgames/status/1470778272686424077

I’m hoping my observations give a clear picture of the current state of these pets. IE they know nightmares/unicorns have aoe and thats great, but they just are awful as main pets, and you are better off with a croc even in a crowd.

Time Lord, Anpu and FBohler like this.
  5. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I thought the rework on pets already happened, which should be the result of your observations now.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. darbue

darbue Avatar

@Violet Ronso Yeah, I saw that this is the case. It's most obvious with Wyverns! That tail whip is MEAN but so few and far between and would still love the Wyvern poison to be deadly poison instead of just debuffs. But Chris explains his tweaks IE increasing aggro on many pets, intending certain pets to just be tanks etc.

I understand those changes are great for hybrid players, and I come from a pure Tamer/Bard player. I want my pet to do the work for me, so DPS is #1 for my pets and my pet HPs are far and above someone not using tamer gear + heavily spec'd in tamer. That results me having a blistering dps with the croc and it having 3700~ hp without food, meaning i can easily keep them alive while they chomp all the mobs.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. devilronin

devilronin Avatar

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Yumorist

Yumorist Avatar

the situation changes with an increase in the skill level of the tamer. Creatures with higher attack speed and critical strike chance will be raised higher in rating. For example, at my level, Red Snarler is almost equal in DPS with Spawn of Sobek

Xithar, Time Lord and FrostII like this.
  9. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
    Time Lord likes this.
  10. darbue

darbue Avatar

@Echondas im not currently using any meters. So i prefer testing via mobs because there is an end AKA “time to kill” this gives you more accurate dps results reflecting actual use.

also TTK is what you’re looking for, because i want to spend the least amount of time to kill mobs.

If the Red Snarler has great dps on a dummy but upper level mobs resist the crits, i’d rather know that by using live targets.

lasty, my biggest takeaway is that They need to fix dragons, they are insanely hard to control, moving constantly and have no dps lol. I would love a fix and get the ability to tame the adults. I really would love to see all the mythicals outclassing the animal pets. I also dont mind if only commited tamers can access mythicals, imo.

FBohler and Time Lord like this.
  11. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@darbue Ok thanks - this isn’t a bug report yet but I took some time last night to test (non taming spec no taming specific gear or buffs, but with some lower tier pet gear) and I was only doing about 20 DPS against a dummy using a meter with frenzy and other taming skills at 100-120 with a Spawn of Sobek I finally tamed with 6% chance :)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
    Xithar and Time Lord like this.
  12. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Nice job! :)

Time Lord and Echondas like this.
  13. darbue

darbue Avatar

@Duke Gréagóir Only posted it because I was inspired by your comprehensive taming guide!

14. LostME

LostME Avatar

Is there a difference between the legendary crocodile and Sobek?

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Yumorist

Yumorist Avatar

the difference in 20 strength and increase in HP, on my character, perhaps with a low level of skill, other indicators of strength.

Time Lord likes this.
  16. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Today I hunted with a Spawn of Sobek in an area where I usually hunt with Legendary croc. And yes, there's a difference. The most marked difference is in taunting: the Sobek generates much more aggro than a Legendary, which is very handy when I'd rather skin or gather than run around to get rid of aggro. Also the Sobek does a bit more damage and is a bit more durable in my experience.

FBohler, FrostII and Time Lord like this.
  17. devilronin

devilronin Avatar

whats sobeks and lions crit dmg multi, can either crit 700-800 on 100/60, no frenzy or buffs, 70-80 everything else?

18. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Tamers, tamers, tamers - we have KITTIES now. Why would you use anything else? ;)

19. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Really? Seem more like wolves in cat costumes...

kaeshiva, FBohler and Anpu like this.
  20. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

These are just the vanguard of the kitteh army, their tamed canine servants.
    The real kitties will be here soon!

Blake47 and FrostII like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.