1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Player Test Environment (QA Server) issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /devbug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)

[Fixed On Live] movable health bars - they jump when selected

Discussion in 'User Interface (Including Launcher)' started by Echondas, Dec 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

12/06/2021 12:49
    Title: movable health bars - they jump when selected
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: When clicking to drag a health bar, it jumps a little
    Steps to Reproduce: single left click a health bar over and over, to notice the effect more obviously
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU W3550 @ 3.07GHz (8) System RAM: 24573
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 GPU RAM: 1979
    SotA.QA.Win.64.1286.Date.12.04.21
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01b_template/Crafters Town
    Area Display Name: Crafters Town
    Loc: (160.5, 45.0, 124.2)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxDcmFmdGVycyBUb3dufCgxNjAuNDc1LCA0NS4wMzQsIDEyNC4yMDQpfCgwLCAtMC42NjUsIDAsIDAuNzQ3KXwyNzYuOTQ2NXwyNi4yOTUxOHw0LjYxMTE5NA==

FrostII likes this.
  2. Echondas

FrostII likes this.
  3. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

I think thats caused by some weird resolution... Ill check it out

FrostII and Echondas like this.
  4. Echondas

Thanks DC!

FrostII likes this.
  5. Jack SinAssist

Jack SinAssist Avatar

windowed mode and 2560*1377

it was set to 2560X1440, but windowed mode cuts off the bottom portion making the 1377

6. Jack SinAssist

Jack SinAssist Avatar

also, here's some videos in different resolutions:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/419695707012988928/918285878177194024/2021-12-08_17-38-44.mp4
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...18286173678493696/2021-12-08_17-38-44_-_2.mp4
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...1396/CDF8C011-8E30-4213-8D65-60B60DF4A56B.MP4

From what I can tell - the location that the health bar is "grabbed" is the left side - on smaller resolutions there is not much discrepancy between health bar size and relative relation to the edge. As resolution is increased, there becomes a large discrepancy between where the mouse is and where the health bar is that results in what appears to be mouse trails - but it is really the relative location of where the health bar is and where the mouse is.

7. Echondas

Thanks Jack -- I'd test, but currently my max resolution is 1920x1080

8. DavidDC

Do you guys have multiple screen?
    Here is what i think is the problem, you are set on a resolution that is higher of what the screen can currently support. This might be caused by having multiple screens i think.
    I checked with unity using their function Screen.currentResolution, which give the current resolution of the screen, except if unity player is in windowed mode, which mean it give the desktop max resolution.
    So if you have 2 monitor, and your first desktop is the one with the low resolution, but you are playing on the bigger one (an ultra wide screen for example), it will does this kind of bug.
    I seriously have no idea how to fix this other than setting a correct resolution. And the list in options show both screen possible resolutions, so that might what is conflicting.

So a work around: Either change your desktop monitor for the big one and check what is the max resolution for it, use that in game. Or drop the resolution set in options for the one from your desktop which look kinda crap if you are used to play on a big screen.

Edit: Looked again at this and seem like all our old ui is doing the same on the setup i said. Moving compass on a ultra wide setting with a desktop smaller screen will make show an offset too. Its tinier than the healthbar movement cause the "start spot" of the compass is in middle screen but it still show. This is most likely a Unity/User misconfiguration and there not much i can do sadly. But i still keep this around incase i get an idea how to fix it.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
    FrostII likes this.
  9. Jack SinAssist

Jack SinAssist Avatar

FrostII likes this.
  10. Echondas

11. DavidDC

Ah yeah the offset from where it click! Checking this, thought i have that done already

12. DavidDC

Should be fix in first patch

FrostII, Anpu and Echondas like this.
  13. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

fix needs testing as of 1497

14. Mikal Raine

Mikal Raine Bug Hunter

@Alley Oop @DavidDC
    I just went to QA and tested this. It appears that when you click on the health bar to move it, it jumps to line up with the left edge of the pointer so it is not as pronounced as it was before.

15. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the latest qa build is from 12/14. not sure any fix would be in it.

16. DavidDC

Hmm i'm not sure what that mean? Do you mean when you click the bar the left edge of the bar is where the pointer is? Cause that should have been fixed in live, wherever you click on that bar, the position of the mouse should stay there. Maybe it didnt make it to QA yet since this was pushed in a quick fix for live.

FrostII likes this.
  17. Mikal Raine

Mikal Raine Bug Hunter

@DavidDC On the Live Server this is fixed. Sorry for the confusion I did not realize the fix had not been pushed to QA. I will try to pay better attention to that in the future.

Alley Oop and FrostII like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.