Juvenile Dragons

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FBohler, Jan 19, 2022.

?

What's your opinion on Juvenile Dragons being tougher than adult ones?

1. Makes sense. Old dragons are weary.

2. I don't mind.

3. I would be okay with it if juveniles yielded some loot besides scales.

4. It's immersion breaking.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

What do you guys think of Juvenile Dragons being higher tier than their fully fledged counterparts?
    When I visit The Rise for example, the Orange Pit Dragon displays a green name while the juvenile one is still yellow (and tougher to kill).

I presume the problem (or feature?) stems from the different intended functions for the dragons, the smaller ones being designed to be tamed.

Mhtic700R and Time Lord like this.
  2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Tougher fight, crappier loot. Makes perfect sense!

Mhtic700R, FBohler, FrostII and 2 others like this.
  3. Enfo

Enfo Avatar

Kill em with fireballs just like in real life.

4. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Loot tables will be updated, just like the ancient drones and.... Sorry for being negative, but the lack of logic sometimes wears thin. Surely the goal was to make a smaller dragon for the tamers, it's just that the addition was left half done.

FBohler and FrostII like this.
  5. Atticus Gryphonheart

Atticus Gryphonheart Legend of the Hearth

Dragons are supposed to get stronger as they get older acquiring more "wealth" (good dragon seek knowledge while evil dragons treasure).
    I suppose it possible that can consider the more ancient dragons "lazy", but should ramp up their powers as the fight goes longer (can imagine they waking up fully as fight goes on).

i.e. only way kind of makes sense for juveniles being stronger...they still trying to make a name and dont have much yet.

One of the things I liked about the clockwork dragon is it did seem to get stronger as it got closer to death (I have to make certain outside the range of it breath weapon later in the fight or I will die instantly)....should do something like that to all the other adult dragons.

FBohler likes this.
  6. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I think they should be weaker and that the dragons themselves should be harder. they are younger and much smaller so they should realistically be less imo.

FBohler, Mhtic700R and Echondas like this.
  7. devilronin

devilronin Avatar

never seen a dragon in this game once, just wyverns wishing they were, no quadruped walking(6!!! limbs not 4), fire breath(a tiny fireball doesnt count, they need to breath fire like a flamethrower and also have an ice breath, though can be split between dragon colors), intelligence high enough for speech, as well as shapeshifting(manga lore, int=knowledge of mana better than humans).

and to one up the poll the third tier of dragon 'elder' dragons are defined in many non britannia sources as godlike tier(likely stronger than jotun/titan boss with a million~ hp, aka eq1 levels of challenge from whats perceived as unbeatable)

8. Enfo

Enfo Avatar

How are they suppose to get old and ancient if Coswald keeps turning them to eggrolls?

Checkmate immersion.

Anpu and Coswald_Dirthmire like this.
  9. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

We must regulate dragon farming. There must be a sustainable way to keep it going!

Coswald_Dirthmire likes this.
  10. devilronin

devilronin Avatar

encounters, they are pocket dimensions where 1-2 wyverns keep appearing once they know no one can fus-ro-dah them into ulfheim

Enfo likes this.
  11. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

The young/juvenile dragons need a serious rebalance. At the moment, they are pretty much a worthless pain in the butt to be avoided unless you're trying to tame it and even then as a pet they are underwhelming. Their loot is just awful, usually a single serpent scale, they aren't worth killing, and this was the case for the young ones long before the juvenile versions with 10x the HP came along dropping the exact same loot and just taking forever to kill. If they're going to have 10k+ HP, they need to drop loot equivalent to the amount of effort/time it takes to kill them - at the least, they should drop dragon haunches.

I was in a party the other night running around blackblade and every time one of these things showed up from halfway across the zone there were groans of annoyance. More annoyance when it decides to leash half dead back to wherever it came from wasting even more time. Eventually we just went somewhere else.

FBohler and Anpu like this.
  12. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I think we need to ask a "Mayfly" a day after it's born o_O~TL~
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.