What to do with 1x XP?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FBohler, Mar 1, 2022.

?

What you're gonna do while 2x XP is off?

1. Tea party, it's actually great!

2. Dance party!

3. Do some quests to empty out the Journal

4. Decorate my lots

5. Manage my POT

6. Resupply my vendors

7. Ask for 2x XP in the forums

8. Gather some materials

9. Craft some gear and use that good pool of XP

10. Grind XP sluggishly

11. Mess with my dungeons

12. Go out PvP

13. Grind some gold

14. Do fishing tournaments

15. Play other games

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Please share your thoughts.

2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

For me the exp rate isn't something I worry about, sometimes I do fix myself some goals, sometimes I try to track exp for the wiki, but outside of that, I was done "grinding" exp when I hit AL 115.

I'm gonna be doing exactly the same thing as I did last week, grinding mats and arties to upgrade My build and work on the next one.

3. Crazy Teeka

Crazy Teeka Avatar

Make lots and lots of Pie Dough. Pie Dough is soft and fluffy. I need more Pie Dough. :p

Mhtic700R, kaeshiva, Enfo and 6 others like this.
  4. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I'm not a big fan of the way they have been turning on double xp for holidays and dentist appointments. The way it works now seems to pressure players to grind when it's on, and makes a lot of players not want to play, when it's off.

My solution would be to just stop turning it off and on altogether. Leave it at 1x and implement a fun daily quest(s) that gives a no trade consumable that grants double xp for an hour. You could acquire one each day, so it would be a big incentive for everyone to log in to do the quest.

It should be in castle atos and it would probably work even better if there were two different quests - one for adventure xp and one for producer xp.

Xee, Mhtic700R, Bayard and 11 others like this.
  5. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

Play exactly as I usually do, slightly intermittently because other stuff is taking some of my usual free time but I'll just do pretty much whatever I feel like doing at any given time. XP gain really isn't what I play for, I just do things I enjoy doing when I want to do them, and that covers almost every category in the poll except for PvP and asking for double XP again :)

6. Vaentorian

Vaentorian Localization Team

I actually don't mind that in principle as I will never be a regular player, I have other stuff going on and like to change my focus periodically. Intermittent double XP provides a motivation to keep half an eye on SotA while I'm not really playing and make use of the extra boost when it's there. That said, I feel like lately it's been available too often for too long which took the joy out of it somewhat, I prefer it as more of an occasional treat.

Mhtic700R and Violet Ronso like this.
  7. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

^ that 100%. let us earn the ability to have double XP.

Gravidy likes this.
  8. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Report bugs? ;)

9. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Farming tamer gear and other useful drops :)

Violet Ronso and Echondas like this.
  10. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Never, ever, never link X2 exp with quests as a requirement. This would be exactly like the failed ways our game has tried to force our players to PvP because you get rewards.

Why encourage anyone to do something they don't want to do? Anytime we have forced any player to do anything, it has had the same results as our new player experience when they enter the game.

The three things that have always not mixed well, Adventuring/PvP/Questing should be as seperate as they can be, because they are 3 entirely different flavors, 3 entirely different desires when players come to game.

I don't like that idea and I don't even like my own idea of linking +exp to game population, which would cause players of popular time zones into unpopular time zones. Corralling people does not work!

I want to see our X2 exp become as chaotic as possible at the whim of the creators as it is evident here, even in this thread, it's chaotic nature being the draw of so many players back to playing our game and having interest in our game!

~"Order Has Failed and Chaos Rules!"~

[​IMG]
    ~With Proven Results!~
    We do not need X2 exp to be predictable. Chaos makes people pay attention to our game, as has been proven beyond a shadow of doubt, by our player base responce to it's recent chaotic nature.
    Results = Success!

~Time Lord~:D:thumbs up:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2022
  11. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I think it would work great! They could even give away better ones during the holidays, like 2 or 4 hour consumables. Or maybe make it so you usually get a 1 hour one, but sometimes you get a better one for more time. That would make the quest fun to complete each day. And it could be something really easy, so even non-questers wouldn't mind doing it quick. It also brings more people to castle atos, which is always a good thing.

evillego6 likes this.
  12. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I thought the current bout of double XP, which started April 2020, would end when all the XP's were adjusted in such a way as to have it not needed. Will the XP's ever be adjusted? That seemed to have just gone away.

Anyway, in my specific case, I'm close enough to level 142A to continue in Tanglemire while my potions of expedience and precision are still in effect. I should hit that level juyst before they run out Sunday morning. After that, I'll spend XP's pooled in both pools to bring certain skills to planned levels. Then I'll head out and adventure to see how well my new adventure skills and better crafted equipment fair.

FBohler and FrostII like this.
  13. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~There Should Be a Time for Everything~
    I think that "events" that involve X2 exp, could benifit our community, which could involve a X2 exp event time for Quests to only be boosted, or PvP to only be boosted.

I think there is a time for every play option, even agriculture and gathering and fishing and all sorts of individual crafting trees to be celebrated with only having them have a X2 exp event time period.

There is a time to boost each game within our game using X2 exp in a Chaotic way and within a Chaotic time limit "at the whim of our crators", for everyone.
    ~Time Lord~

14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I would say just play the game... but grinding is the game.

FBohler and Time Lord like this.
  15. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

How about a mix. Why does it have to be double xp. Some players will turn on the pvp flag for +25% xp and they don't even want to pvp. Maybe they could just start doing the daily quest consumable for +25% or +50% for those of us that enjoy daily quests, and then keep doing the chaotic stuff where everyone gets +50% - 100% during holidays etc.

I think there are many ways to set this up that work much better than the current situation. Players psychology has been twisted lately because double xp has been on too much. That's why some players don't even want to play when it's off.

FYI this doesn't effect me at all personally, I don't care how much xp I get anymore. I just want to see people getting excited about logging in again when it's turned on, instead of being very disappointed when they find out it's turned off.

FrostII likes this.
  16. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

You left out "Play like I normally do"! I voted anyway, though I truly dislike "vote or you can't see results" polls.

Elwyn, FrostII, Anpu and 2 others like this.
  17. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Evey game is a grind of some sort IMO

FBohler and Time Lord like this.
  18. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

My game time and daily log in schedules will not change.
    I do have a life and other hobbies.
    Banking XP and then spending it on various GM is not my SOTA goal.
    Enjoying the game as an escape and challenge is.

Elwyn likes this.
  19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Other games have story.

20. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yeah I didn’t see that option either, so I couldn’t vote.

Adam Crow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.