R100 Potion Give Away Thursday

Discussion in 'One-Time Player Events' started by Warrior B'Patrick, Mar 28, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings Avatars.

[​IMG]

On Thursday March 31st at 4pm EDT I will be giving away 3 gift boxes with 100 Obsidian Potions in each box to celebrate the 100th Release of Shroud of the Avatar.

To win all you have to do is post in this forum post titled the R100 Potion Giveaway, what you most like about Shroud of the Avatar.

At that time I will draw 3 post that seem the most honest to me and will meet with the winners at my lot in New Fawn, an island between Mud and Noreach in the Naryad Channel. Please be honest and positive. All others are invited to cheer on the winners and tour my Home.

I maintain the Telethon Reward List and I have a chest for each Livestream and Release with almost all of the rewards in them that you can open and see the contents.

Good luck to all and Have a Happy R100

Edited for clarity

Last edited: Mar 28, 2022
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

There's a special forum for this? Or do you mean this thread?

FrostII likes this.
  3. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings Barugon
    In this post.

If it needs to be moved please do so.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2022
    FrostII likes this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Well, it's still not clear, so I'll just post my answer here.

There are a lot of really great things in SotA:
    • Housing/decorating
    • Player owned towns
    • Skill system
    • Combat
    • Crafting
    However, my favorite part of SotA is that it feels like a more modern UO.

5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@Warrior B'Patrick I think Barugon's (and mine) confusion is your wording in the OP :
    There is no R100 Potion Giveaway FORUM - there is THIS thread in the One-Time Events forum, which is in the Player In-Game Events forum.
    I think you could clear up this confusion if you changed the OP to read: post right here in this thread what you most like about Shroud of the Avatar.
    The "contest" is a great idea, btw..... :)

Barugon likes this.
  6. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

OP has been edited for clarity. Please post in this thread.

7. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

My favorite part of this game is technically not part of the game- its the community. Interactions with people in the real world increasingly disappoint me. But when I interact with people in the game chat, discord, forums and in twitch streams I feel that we are putting our best face forward and are able to show that we indeed can care about other people.

8. Atticus Gryphonheart

Atticus Gryphonheart Legend of the Hearth

I like the house decorating function. Still room for improvement, but enjoyable. With additional "quest NPC" being able to be added, think has potential to expand community play.
    Creating dungeons is also a nice start and again still room for improvement. If could create mobs that can also drop specialize quest items, again would allow for expanded community play.

I can see eventually the development of quests between groups of peeps, where someone announces "a quest " on these boards and scatter clues throughout the realms where you visit different homes and talk with their npc and/or visit dungeons with the winner being the first to find that drop and bring it back to the quest giver.

9. CICI

CICI Avatar

Trading items :)

10. Sole

Sole Avatar

I like so many things in Shroud of the Avatar...
    • So many unique beautifully made scenes, maybe we will get harder versions of them in some day (like Lamech's Bazaar atm)
    • Housing / PoTs & decorating them
    • People in the game, community
    • Crafting & variety of new imbued gems (even when it drives me nuts in some days...)
    • Skill system, endless testing and building something bit better

11. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

For me, what keeps me coming back to Sota (and what makes Sota "home") is the journey never ends. Over 6 years and 20,000 hours in, and I still find something to do every day, my character can still make progress, I can still accumulate experience (no wasteful hardcaps to tell me "why bother"), I can still accumulate wealth, more shiny things, etc. It isn't just a game, its a toybox and toolset for me and my friends to enjoy together and we will hopefully continue to do so for years to come. ;)

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...my-love-affair-with-sota.149517/#post-1195666

12. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all
    Be sure to register for the R100 Potion Giveaway. the drawing is Thursday 4pm EDT. 100 Obsidian Potions to 3 lucky Avatars.

13. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

It's hard for me to really pinpoint exactly what it is about this game I enjoy so much. Being around and watching it created over the years has been pretty incredible. All the memories I have about this game and the community are things that just can't be replaced.

It has really become a home away from home for me. There is just so much depth overall, every day i kind of get lost in whatever activity I feel like doing.

14. Pifester

Pifester Bug Hunter

To me, Shroud is the players. The game for me is creating friends and keeping in touch. Some of the players I consider my best friends, I have never met face to face. I have talked to them through discord, and I have mental pictures of everyone I talk to, sent Christmas cards and gifts through the mail (international even) but...never shook hands or gave a hug. Would love to attend SOTA-con and harass them, planned to - but covid killed those plane tickets. The other thing that keeps me entertained in Shroud - its my version mentally of playing slots. I enjoy crafting, kinda my bad habit. Would like to kick it sometimes, and kick myself other times. I know its just like slots, since I never really win, and the house eats all my resources. I get teased often enough to keep my crafting skills pointed up, and the occasional jaw dropper items keeps me hooked. I can blow an amazing amount of resources in a afternoon, and have nothing to show for it except things that are going to the salvage container. Love/Hate thing there....still not sure Shroud is cheaper than online gambling yet (at least for me) But I still enjoy and play.

15. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

What attracted me to this game was the ability to own and decorate my house but what keeps me here is the same thing that kept me from other games: the team and the players.
    The SotA team does an amazing job, especially considering it's a small team. The adventure scenes, the towns, the sky, the storms, the behavior of the animals, the Easter eggs, a wish list that is regularly checked, the effort to correct mistakes... and Winston! Winston is so cool.
    And the players, I would like to tell a lot about them but I would need a whole thread for it, so I will summarize it in two words: generosity and camaraderie. Well, I'll expand on it. And kindness, education, affection, sympathy...
    Both the team and the players deserve a round of applause.

Duke Gréagóir, FrostII and Barugon like this.
  16. SheldonCooper

SheldonCooper Avatar

I like the mining for ores

17. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

This post is a good one to consolidate all positive comments :)

I love SOTA having things for me to do even though guildies rarely log on these days, e.g. decorating houses and farming. Not everything is forced to be a group content but it still provides other group content like frost giant boss fight. Unlike most MMOs which focus on group content heavily.

SOTA also provides an unique player dungeon system which could not be found in most MMOs. Best to expand these unique systems more and rapidly (e.g. player dungeon, NPC scripting, player quest, POT, etc...)

I think I could not enter participate the drawings as I am on the opposite timezone. Have fun for the celebration :)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2022
    Duke Gréagóir, FrostII and Barugon like this.
  18. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I love the taming in SotA. Ever since Release 20, Taming has been my main focus for fun as it is always nice to have a pal around you when you are adventuring. To help kill, sit down and enjoy the view from some high perch, or dancing at one of the parties.

I cannot wait for Release 100! :) Since the chicken room, SOTA has been home for me.

Cage Storm, FrostII and Barugon like this.
  19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

FrostII likes this.
  20. Thor99Plyr

Thor99Plyr Avatar

I like that it stays "somewhat" true to a medieval fantasy genre while accounting for avatar advances from another realm, along with the ability to have in-game sheet music.

Duke Gréagóir, Barugon and FrostII like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.