1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Pot Owner Name

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Raven Swiftbow, Apr 2, 2022.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

I am certain I am not the only player that this annoys. I purchased my POT with my main account (I have 4) and with the name of my best-known character, Raven Swiftbow. I made this choice deliberately.

But I have 3 characters on this same account - two of whom are not as well known as Raven Swiftbow.

The name of the Owner of my POT changes every time I log in on one of those alt characters. So if someone visits Duanor, they might see Raven Swiftbow as the Owner - or they might see one of the names of my lesser-known alts. Sometimes I might play one of those alts for an entire month or more before I decide I want to play a different character.

I wish the POT Owner name could be 'locked' so it would consistently show that the "owner" of the POT is Raven Swiftbow - not one of Raven's brothers or sisters (alts).....

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

this is true for lot ownership too

3. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

And friend / guild list too!

Duke Olahorand and Winston like this.
  4. John Markus

John Markus Avatar

This is why I have dedicated account with one character only for my POTs.

Bowen Bloodgood likes this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

But if you have a second avatar, even if you don't use it, then you get 50% more daily login experience.

6. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Never cared for that sort of thing. I have at least 5 different characters.. each one has their own account. I've always disliked the whole "every character is literally the same individual" approach. While I can somewhat understand the policy (I absolutely dislike warping lore to fit mechanics) it does more to inhibit RP than anything else and in terms of town and lot ownership, can be a cause of confusion. I would be extremely annoyed if someone thought my town was owned by a different character.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2022
  7. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

Unfortunately, when I created my accounts I never dreamed that I would have my own POT.

Duke Olahorand, FrostII and Anpu like this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It would be nice if we could specify a "master" avatar that pots/lots/guilds are attached to.

FrostII, Anpu and that_shawn_guy like this.
  9. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i can see how this could be not-so-straightforward to program, though. what happens if you select one char name to show as governor/guild leader/lot owner and then delete that character?

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Reverts to the default behavior where the currently selected avatar is the source.

11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I would love the Governor name to Be able to be locked. One time Lord Baldrith got on one of his Alts and the name of the governor changed. It caused an unsettled feeling with the residents of the town. Residents need to feel secure in the player town they have selected to live in. Since 2014 Wizards Rest has remained the same name and Governor without evictions except one upon the recommendation of the Devs. We never evict. Having a static Governor name is important for that stable vibe of a town.

12. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all and Raven Swiftbow
    One suggestion would be to create a new free account. When you create the Avatar name it something like The Raven Swiftbow. Once it is past the no trade limit buy a Major Work Request Voucher and change the POT ownership to it. As long as you do not change anything in the POT you do not have to rebuild anything and you can make your main the Steward so they can make changes also.

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  13. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

This is the best solution with what we have now

14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

$50 later....

Also, if you want your town to be under the name of your current governor then this is not a solution.

Duke Olahorand, FBohler and FrostII like this.
  15. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Regarding the name that a POT displays for it's governor, this is an intentional design that was added early in the life of the game. I wasn't part of the decision, but I believe it was for ownership transparency reasons and possibly to block possible scams. However, wanting the UI to show a single character's name for the governor seems reasonable and we'll discuss it here behind the scenes. No promises, though.

16. John Markus

John Markus Avatar

Back then, we also had plans for locked surname per account (If your first character was John Doe, all other characters on same account will have "Doe" surname).
    It was a natural thing to get a second account for POT Governor naming purposes (mine is named "Kai Council" for the POT "Kai")

Also, having name of last logged in account makes the POT/Guild Administrator more accessible since you know who to contact in game.

Alley Oop and Barugon like this.
  17. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This is such a good idea that I stole it. :)

[​IMG]

Vaiden Luro, Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.