1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Npc's Missing Kingsport

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Oyster, Apr 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oyster

Oyster Avatar

04/13/2022 04:07
    Title: NPC's Missing
    Reproduction Rate: once
    Blocker? Yes could not use a bank or visit a master air trainer
    Details: All Npc's were missing Vecna was there and saw this i relogged and he said they all popped at once
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor (12) System RAM: 16318
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 GPU RAM: 5991
    SotA.Win.64.1525.Date.04.06.22
    Area: Kingsport
    Area Display Name: Kingsport
    Loc: (109.1, 21.6, 12.1)
    Debug: S2luZ3Nwb3J0fHwoMTA5LjEyNSwgMjEuNjUsIDEyLjEzOCl8KDAsIC0wLjczMSwgMCwgMC42ODIpfC05My41MDE1OXwzOC43NDI5NXwzLjQ2ODQyOQ==

Ancev likes this.
  2. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

It was strange indeed. After Oyster mentioned the issue in Universe chat I used a zone scroll to go to Kingsport and there weren't any NPC's in the town.. just animals. I think it was during the evening or dusk time cycle (?).. when Oyster logged out of the game all the NPC's loaded into the scene.. later on I went back to my town and exited the SOTA client, relogged into my town then used a zone scroll again to Kingsport and all the NPC's were loaded into the scene as normal.

Oyster likes this.
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

this is a known thing that can happen when the person that is scene master is glitched for some reason. the devs have added some reporting to try to narrow down what causes it, but in the mean time, getting the person who is scene master to (temporarily) leave the scene will hand off master and fix the problem, which is what you guys did.

Ancev, Anpu and Oyster like this.
  4. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

@Oyster do you remember what you did when you first entered the scene? Like maybe use a sign post to teleport somewhere else in the map or something?
    I've looked at the log and see some spawner warning like if they were in a waiting state but never getting there. Trying to find a way to reproduce this but can't figure it out.

5. Oyster

Oyster Avatar

I just ported there and at first, there was some npc's there but after a few minutes they just all disappeared

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.