Wyvern Eggs

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Osunn, Apr 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Osunn

Osunn Avatar

I tend to hunt a lot of wyverns as I collect the heads. I have four heads so far.
    I have not seen a wyvern egg drop in six weeks or so.
    When they first came out I got several but now nothing. Is it just bad luck or is it a problem?

FrostII likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Anpu likes this.
  3. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I bash around Ulfheim fairly often for an hour here or there, and in the last couple of months I've managed to assemble two full collections of eggs (1 of each color) but only got a couple of heads, not even a full set. So I mean, they do drop.

If you're after them to cook them and eat them for the bard food, your best bet is to get some friends and go do Wyvernpalooza (household name for Well of Aldur Wyvern platform) - Its a lot of wyverns, all purple and white ones, and bigger ones, but in an hour or so there I usually walk away with a decent stack of eggs and other loot. There's also the "wyvern poop" you can loot off the ground there that can also drop them. Because this platform is mostly purple wyverns, PURPLE wyvern eggs (and to a lesser extent, white ones) are like, the boring thing that we cook.

When we aren't doing silly crap with them.
    [​IMG]

PS if you need Wyvern Egg Salad, look me up in game, I have loads.

FrostII, Barugon, Anpu and 1 other person like this.
  4. Alley Oop

...evil pinecones.

Barugon and kaeshiva like this.
  5. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

We call them "tripping hazards..." ;)

Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
  6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Nice outfit @kaeshiva!

kaeshiva and FrostII like this.
  8. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

When they first came out they would drop in encounters, but were reduced to almost never there now.
    They decided for whatever reason that this primarily deco item should only be available in decent drop rates for those able to tackle Aldur.
    Why on earth do they do these things ? They're deco items for Pete's sake........

kaeshiva likes this.
  9. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

To be fair, I think a 6%-10% drop rate is reasonable for an egg. The problem is the spawn rate and density of wyverns. Prior to Well of Aldur, the best you could hope for was to kill the handful in ulfheim maybe a few times in an hour (as they share a spawner with reapers) else run around encounters looking for another 1-2 of them. At these rates, to actually kill enough of them to get a single egg, you're looking at hours. The egg to food ratio is something like 1:10 too, so you don't need that many to ensure a steady stream of the food if that's what you're after. Otherwise yes, they are deco.

The Well of Aldur "Wyvernpalooza" spot which allows you to kill dozens of Wyverns in a short span of time really illustrates that provided an adequate hunting ground, the drop rates do allow you to get umm....LOTS of eggs :x :x

So in conclusion! The problem is NOT the drop rate, it is that we have not yet found the sacred homeland of the Wyverns. But once we do, we can invade it and get our hands on the shiny eggses.

[​IMG]

Anpu likes this.
  10. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

[QUOTE="kaeshiva, post: 1342176, member: 124241"]The problem is NOT the drop rate, it is that we have not yet found the sacred homeland of the Wyverns.[/QUOTE]

I've asked.

11. thradia

thradia Avatar

Honestly, since it's a food item as well, I find it a pretty low drop rate. I sell primarily food and it's one I've just given up on. I have one, from when they first came out and kept it, figuring I'd at least find the occasionly other one to use for food. The food recipies has become sort of useless at this point tbh

FrostII likes this.
  12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I did some tundra bandit encounters last night to see if I could get an egg and I got a white one.

What are the properties of Wyvern Egg Salad?

13. Alley Oop

they're also a possible reward from the chef's quest in castle atos

Anpu likes this.
  14. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

If you're only hunting them in encounters/Ulfheim, I'd agree - but there's a wyvernheavy spot now with loads of eggs if you're not fussy about color (which for cooking doesn't matter). It is hard to do by yourself to have time to skin since they just keep spawning, but you get quite a lot of eggs. And a single egg makes 10 foods that last 2 hrs each.

They are WAY easier to get and a lot more reliable to get than almost any of the specific fish recipes for example where you could fish for hours and not get a single one. I've seen people selling 100 stacks of wyvern eggs for reasonable too, if you consider the amount of food you get out of one.

Its one of the only 2 bard foods -
    [​IMG]

Anpu, FrostII and Barugon like this.
  15. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Where does this recipe drop from?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2022
    FrostII likes this.
  16. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

• Elves in Savrenoc Stronghold now have a small chance to drop a Wyvern Egg Salad recipe, which increases a character’s Song Duration by an additional 25% for 2 hours.

Rinaldi, FrostII and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  17. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

In my recipe book, the Wyvern Egg Salad recipe is re-teachable, so it appears that it can be learned from anybody who has it. PM me in game if you have not gotten the recipe already, and I'll teach it to you :)

Duke Gréagóir and Adam Crow like this.
  18. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Re-teachable usually means you can just add the items to the crafting station and learn it. My recipe isn't re teachable, sometimes those have been funky if you add them right after added to live server

Rinaldi likes this.
  19. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Iirc, when the recipe was first added it was set to re-teachable, and then people learned them and added the recipe to their book. But it was not intended to be re-teachable and was updated to Not-Teachable.

The people that did find them early on, will then still have this recipe in their book as re-teachable. The rest will not however.

Rinaldi likes this.
  20. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Thank you everyone. :) I did get the recipe last night.
    What is the other bard food recipe I should get? @kaeshiva mentioned there are two?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.