Number of glyphs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, May 15, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If an extra glyph is given at skill level 10, 20, 40 and 80 then why do I not get another at 160?

Time Lord and FBohler like this.
  2. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I dunno, but I think it's probably better that you don't. I mean, you can get some skills to 80 the day you make your first character, whereas a lot of people that have played for years don't have 160 in anything.

Imo, it's much more weird that you don't just start with 5 glyphs available for any unlocked skill.

Time Lord and Barugon like this.
  3. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I would gladly take the extra stack at 160 for almost every skill I currently use.

Problem is: devs will say we're already too powerful and proceed to nerf everyone except fire + sun.

FrostII and Barugon like this.
  4. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I dont think at this point more glyph's are needed, maybe more skills and combos. I think most of us with 160 skills are already crazy powerful with the few skills we do have at that level.

5. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

Practically speaking I agree with Xee here. I have to admit that I think it would be fun to get another glyph at 160, but the only way it would "work", in terms of balance, is if you made 4-stack and 5-stack and 6-stack (with spec) stats weaker to prevent the extra card at 160 becoming too powerful. That would basically be a nerf for everyone except the highest level players, and I am very much against that.

Vox Aquila, FrostII and Time Lord like this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I honestly think that everything except bard skills would be fine and it would give people more incentive to play. Anyway, I wasn't asking for them to implement it, I just wanted to know why it wasn't that way already.

FBohler likes this.
  7. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I do agree though at the higher levels things slow down so much that the drive to push things higher also slows down because the investment is huge. Having incentive is nice as the .1 for millions of xp some times gives you that blood shoot eye look as a tear rolls down the cheek. haha. The Titles that @Ravalox mentioned for every x levels of progression was a start to something that is needed for sure. but more skill unlocks, more paths to improve skill with more pathways and potentially even another glyph I agree at least something needs to help make you want to keep treadmill going for the .1 improvements.

Otherwise I can see burn out coming at some point. eventually you will get all the skills you use up to a level that you simply can't fathom the idea of getting on the treadmill again for another level because the time is too great. so like you said need something to make you want to push for that extra high level.

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

[​IMG]

Xee likes this.
  9. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Right now there's this 160-ish soft cap where character progression gets super slow even with 2x XP.
    There's no elusive goal, only squeezing that 1% growth after days of heavy grind.

After this point it's natural to start looking to enhance gear instead, but then you're met with RNG.

And that's it for end game. Almost zero character progression beyond skill level 160, total RNG to get the items you envision, and that's after successfully farming materials, components and artifacts (another two layers of RNG).

This is the reason why I would support anything that added a sense of progression to the game.

10. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

There's plenty of progression in this game. It just all happens in the first three months.

11. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Regardless of whether or not it would be okay and balanced to grant an additional glyph, it's just a completely nonsensical progression either way, because of the exponentially increasing cost of skills. It takes about 2.6x the xp to get to level 20 as it does to get to level 10, whereas it takes over 2000x the xp to go from 80 to 160.

As is, it's not really a big deal that it makes no sense since people just get skills to 80 so fast anyway, but what is even the point of it? It's not like it's exactly game breaking if someone can use lvl 7 thrust more than once before it needs to cool down.

Time Lord and FBohler like this.
  12. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

yeah at some point its nonsensical. .1 at high levels does not feel like enough for the efforts. that is why I still think coming out with the next tier of skills with higher requirements to unlock and or skill branches would give more incentive to continue. that or we hit a point where its just grinding for that .1 and all your focus will be on only 1 skill at a time because you can't afford the time investment to grind longer :)

Time Lord and Lazlo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.