feedback on QA 1319

Discussion in 'Player Test Environment (QA Server) Feedback' started by Rinaldi, May 24, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

1. New You interface: Golden tooth
      • When you select "golden tooth", it seems that there is no way to see (i.e. preview) its effect in the mirror. Is there a way to periodically show the avatars teeth ? Maybe a smile showing teeth every 5 seconds? Or perhaps a button "Show teeth" that causes the avatar to show the teeth? It would be nice to see the teeth effects before you have to purchase them.
      • After you select "golden tooth" and click "finish" to finalize the avatar appearance, it is very difficult to discern the visual effects of this option on your avatar. I zoomed in as close as I could, and did various emotes to try to show my avatar's teeth (talk angry emote seemed to work best). Does it make all of the teeth gold? If that is the case, then perhaps the effect name should be "golden teeth". Also, the effect is essentially impossible for me to see. I think the effect is not really worth having unless it can be implemented in a way that has more visual impact.
    2. Other teeth effects - it would be cool if there were a few more teeth effects. Here are some examples:
      • front tooth gap (midline gap between the two front teeth in the upper jaw)
      • missing tooth (a gap just off of midline)
        [​IMG]
      • fangs (very long bicuspids in the upper row of teeth)
        [​IMG]
      • no teeth.
      • single tooth (one upper jaw tooth, just off center in the front)
        [​IMG]
    3. New You: Load option. I changed my appearance about 6 times, then used the load option, but none of the previous appearances were listed (showed "no previous character found" message). When i looked in the folder where the previous appearance are supposed to be listed, they were not there (after clicking the finish button, it says the appearances will be saved in "C:\Users\"User"\AppData\Roaming\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar(QA)")
    4. The new text next to the swap deck icon - When you switch decks using the "swap deck" icon, the text for the currently equipped deck appears bright white for a few seconds, and then fades so much that i can hardly see it on my screen. I have several decks where the equipped items look identical, so it is often difficult to tell which deck i have equipped unless I open the "combat deck" window (its mainly an issue when i first log in, when i go afk for a while,and when i am playing for a while - I just don't recall which deck i have equipped). It would be nice to easily visualize the name of the equipped deck and the alternate deck (all the times). Perhaps don't have the text for the equipped deck fade so much? Or make an option that toggles on/off that fade effect?

Off topic!
    For the title of this New You slider, I noticed that if you replace the capital "S" with an "h", the name of the slider becomes Irishize! hehe @Irishize!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2022
  2. Lained

Lained Avatar

The avatar grins every so often for you to see the teeth.

3. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Not sure hat happened, but I waited several minutes and the avatar did not grin. Perhaps a "show teeth" button would be nice so we don't have to wait so long for the grin?

4. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

I added the scowl animation when selecting the golden tooth. It should appear after a lil delay once idle animation finish. I couldnt find any good animation to open the mouth without that grim face but im working on it and hope ill find something soon :) As for other tattoos/markings/teeth, eventually we will add some more.

Rinaldi likes this.
  5. DavidDC

You have to click finish for the character to be saved

Rinaldi likes this.
  6. DavidDC

Ill make them different bright color then so we know which is equipped and which is alternate

Rinaldi likes this.
  7. Lained

Lained Avatar

I've confirmed several changes by clicking the finish button and returning to Novia and there's a prompt about the previous appearances being saved but they're not, the load list is empty.

Rinaldi likes this.
  8. DavidDC

checking

Rinaldi likes this.
  9. DavidDC

everything work fine here. Once you press the finish button when it show where it save and enter the game, thats when it get saved locally. Then you can come back in that screen at either new you or make a new character then click load and it should appear right away in the list.
    If its still not there can you look in the sota folder if the json file was created?

Rinaldi likes this.
  10. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Thanks @DavidDC

I should have been more specific in my post. I did click "finish" each time I made changes, and as Lained confirmed, the various character appearances were not saved when I came back to the New You vendor.
    I did not see them in the Load window, and I did not see them in the folder that was listed when i clicked "finish": in other words, i saw nothing that looks like character appearance data in "C:\Users\"User"\AppData\Roaming\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar(QA)"
    I also looked in the analogous folder for the live server and saw nothing there.
    Could it be that it is saving the info in some other folder than was stated by the interface (so the load window does not see them because they have been saved in another folder)?

11. Lained

Lained Avatar

There's no json file in the specified folder or sub folders.

12. DavidDC

are you guys on windows?

13. DavidDC

oh its not json, i used the extension sota, however should be pretty appearant since its showing CharacterApperance next to the name

14. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

I am Windows 10. I searched my hard drive for file named with "Character" in it and nothing showed up. Also, I see no file in the specified folder (see my post above) that refers to character appearance.

15. DavidDC

hmm i just tryed again in normal QA client and everything work fine... not sure why you guys dont see it hmm

16. DavidDC

is your folders write protected for some reason?

17. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

I checked the specified folder and this is what the "properties" of the folder are:
    [​IMG]

I don't think this should cause the problem: I could easily save files to that folder and modify them (and my chat logs have always been saved to a subfolder that is inside the folder shown above, including my chat log from earlier today).
    But, to be sure, I un-selected read-only, and applied the new setting to this folder and to all subfolders and files.
    Then I ran SOTA QA, made a new appearance, clicked "finish". No new file appeared in the folder shown above, and no new appearance showed in the load list.

Addendum: even after un-selecting the "read-only" option above and applying it several times, the folder still defaults to the "read-only" state. Not sure why.

Last edited: May 24, 2022
  18. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

Also on windows and also not seeing any files here. Was it supposed to create a new subfolder under Shroud of the Avatar(QA) folder? All I have is ChatLogs, Custom Books, Lua, SavedGames and Sheet Music. I re-installed QA just yesterday. So if it is supposed to be creating another subfolder maybe it is failing there?

19. DavidDC

its saved directly in main folder

20. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

My folders are set up same as Rinaldi's are. Set to Read-Only but so is chat folder that is written to every day and resets to Read-Only when I try to change it. Changed appearance again and still no file in the folder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.