Producer xp

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adam Crow, May 30, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Why is mining the best way to increase producer xp? It's also the most lucrative item to gather, why does gathering gems, reagents, clay etc give you less produce xp then mining?

Even if you got zero produce xp for mining nodes, players would still mine because they can sell the ore or craft items with the refined materials. But all other gathering other than field dressing (which I think is generally set up decent), you are penalized for the producer xp. Some types like reagents are just not even worth touching ever because they are not giving hardly any producer xp at all. Why is that? Wouldn't it be more fun if you actually had a reason to harvest some garlic in the wild? That stuff should give MORE producer xp than mining, so when we see a thing of nightshade or garlic or sulfurous ash... we get excited and switch to our gathering setup to get extra meticulous. Any thoughts on this?

We can hit 30+ meticulous mining during dbl xp and get 600k adv and producer xp... yet I'm pulling 200 xp from a reagent node???

Time Lord, FBohler, FrostII and 7 others like this.
  2. simon1974

simon1974 Bug Hunter

What about fishing... almost no xp even if you spend hours doing so...

FBohler and Adam Crow like this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I’m going to assume, you haven’t ran around Tanglemire and actually documented and or observed your producer xp while running around there harvesting the ore, tree, cotton, garlic and mandrake resource nodes there.

Some basics of the gathering system, I think people aren’t aware of. I am working on a guide for that, just to go over the basics of all that. But that’s going to still take some time.

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

While fishing in any PvE zone, there’s 0% chance of any threat to you. What specifically are you expecting to get rewarded from, from an activity that has 0% threat and danger to your character? 100 xp? 1000 xp? 50,000 xp?

5. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

Farming is also a "no threat" activity, but it holds more profitable appeal due to the harvesting of necessary foods/reagents.
    I was really happy when both farming and fishing got extensions on the skills tree.

FBohler likes this.
  6. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

Making hats from bear and wolf heads is quite good for XP. Buck hats are about half that.
    You can then sell them, or take the pattern and give some "class" to that ordinary leather helm or cloth cap.

7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yeah, that’s also a somewhat…. Comparable activity. Except for cost and player time.

8. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

I agree somewhat - harvesting regs and clay isn't really worth the effort.
    But mining is really not the only way to get producer xp from harvesting. All nodes in a level 5 zone are 5K, so that's trees, cotton and ores. Tanglemire and Ulfheim-behind-the-gate are odd, because the ore nodes give 10K and the trees and cotton bushes 5K.

But don't forget skinning: the big piggies in South Drachvald Spur give 10K, and so do dragons, Everything in Tanglemire is 5K, which is good too because there's so many animals to skin :)

Anpu likes this.
  9. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I've checked them all, none of them give as much as the mining nodes. I'm going to assume you've never just mined the iron and copper, ignore the rest and then reset the scene and continue to do that over and over again. It is dramatically more xp if you do that, because they are the highest xp.

My question is why is mining the most?

Time Lord and FBohler like this.
  10. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Should it be more xp for fishing in the pvp zones? Cause you are at risk and fishing still gives practically nothing for producer xp even in those zones.

Time Lord and FBohler like this.
  11. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Mining ore has always been way too good relative to all other gathering. The producer xp is better, and every single piece of decent gear of any type requires large amounts of gold and silver ore to make, making the demand always very high.

It would definitely be worthwhile to take a look at gathering as a whole and work on adding some value to things that aren't gold, silver, or cotton.

12. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

What specific threat is there currently in a PvP scene?

13. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Increase each cast in the pvp zones to about 5-10k producer xp and I bet you anything there will be plenty of risk.

What threat is there for about half the mining nodes in Tanglemire? I hardly kill anything on that run.

FBohler likes this.
  14. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I think the issue is that there is only one tier of regs, where mining zones are tiered up so more xp for higher nodes. If they made zones with higher level matts than we would see a bump I think in xp. currently they are all the same level short of very few zones that have both trees, cotton and ore at higher levels.

As to fishing I agree with Anpu there is no risk in fishing. now if perhaps rare fish and or rare fished loot comes that I would agree on having a bonus xp for catching and or processing of such things.

Over all though producer xp is slow but rewarding in the long run.

15. simon1974

simon1974 Bug Hunter

All i am saying is that gathering skills should be on par one with the other. There is no reason mining should yield more exp then any other gathering skills. Some of you talks about threat risk being null for fishing, i can say the same for mining in elysium... yes they are mobs, but I hardly call that a threat.
    Mining is not my style, i like fishing, and i would like to be able to gather xp on the same level as a miner, which is not really the case now by far.

Diablotine

FBohler and Adam Crow like this.
  16. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I think we've all just grown accustomed to mining nodes being higher xp than the others. There really is no good reason or explanation for it.

Why not just a simple tiered system where all nodes in a t5 nodes give 5k. All tier 6-10 give 7.5k tier 11+ 10k etc.

As it stands now we have a massive amount of nodes in the game that are practically useless in terms of producer xp. This mentally forces those of us that know the xp values to only gather the worthwhile ones.

Diablotine took the words right out of my mouth with the elysium example. And don't get me wrong, I don't want elysium to become a combat heavy area, I just think the entire risk argument is weak.

I've yet to hear a reasonable argument why fishing, reagents or anything else shouldn't have the same xp values of mining. You can literally mine with a summon out and full meticulous gear and take zero damage once you know what you're doing.

17. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I don't actually know the answer to that question. I do know there is a system where creatures are "attracted" to resource nodes. This system may, or may not be working correctly.

18. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

There's like, t10 or something reagents in Well of Aldur. But I think that's currently the only place. Mandrake and garlic, if I remember correctly.

Xee likes this.
  19. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

That's actually how nodes work currently in the game, in general. In General, Tree, Veins, Cotton plants give an Initial Harvesting xp that's associated with the tiers level. In Tanglemire this is, for example, 15,000 XP per node. Then the other nodes have lesser and lesser xp.

And then sometimes in scenes, there's a mix of high tier Tree, Veins, Cotton nodes, and lesser Tree, Veins, Cotton nodes. For example Troll's Bridge specifically. Of note, these "lesser nodes" are named exactly the same. However, only the Vein Nodes have a size scale visual indicator that shows the lesser nodes as small. The higher tier Vein Nodes look larger. Tree nodes and cotton nodes have no visual size scaling, to differentiate the high and lesser nodes. (this is probably the thing that causes a bit of confusion to players).

I don't know or even understand why a scene can have only high tier Tree, Veins, Cotton nodes, and then another scene can have a mix of higher tier Tree, Veins, Cotton nodes and lesser tier Tree, Veins, Cotton node. This makes no sense to me.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
  20. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I understand how it's set up. My issue is with the same tier nodes in the same zones.

My question was why is a mining node worth more than the others when they are the same tier? For example Tanglemire -10k mining and less for everything else? Don't you think it would make more sense if they were all exactly the same - 10k

FBohler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.