Offers in COTO Store every 24 hours, please

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Isabel Ayin, May 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

Can we have the COTO Store deals again every 24 hours, please? Many of us players lose the opportunity to acquire items that we want because we are sleeping, working or attending to some IRL matter.
    Or maybe the items weren't heritage, so a friend in the game could buy them for us.
    And better both.

2. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

So many people only buy on sale, they should consider expanding the sale menu a bit. It would be pretty neat if every hour a new group of items went on sale, but stayed on sale for 12-24 hours.

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This is a good idea, but maybe 4 new items every 3 hours and they stay for 24 hours.

Adam Crow likes this.
  4. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I am sure I missed the three story shogun row house 20 times over due to me working, sleeping, and eating. :D

5. Boadicea

Boadicea Avatar

just put everythin on sale and cut the bs - i wanna my plague dr mask if they do 24h rotation im never gonna get tis

6. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

The beauty of frequent sales tho (on the flip side) is if it you miss it, it will likely come back 'round.

The frequent sales also create a sense of urgency. We literally stop fighting when the little icon shows up and stand there getting beat on to go see what new has just popped in. 24 hour sale is easier to ignore, a 1-2 hour sale is all "Oh!!! I absolutely should buy this discounted disco ball since I'll probably want one at some point I'm not sure for what but it would be a good thing to have."

Sorry to say it, but this marketing tactic is extremely effective at getting me to buy stuff. Especially when you have helpful friends from across the globe who will text you at 6 in the morning when the house you want is finally on sale. lol. My only lament is that you can no longer see what's on sale from outside of game - I know I heard someone mention somewhere trying to get the sales linked to one of the discord bots or something? (maybe I dreamed this). If so, that would solve the whole, "I'm playing at work and really shouldn't log on the game but JUST A QUICK shopping....:x"

I guess the larger question is though, for some items at least, if they felt "affordable" then double dipping with coto sale and waiting for the ingame sale wouldn't be as critical as it is. While some stuff is super cheap, there are a lot of things that just feel woefully overpriced. And I know you can't just go hatchet all the prices when some people have paid full price for them already. But I mean some stuff its like "yes, I need this yoink" but there's a lottt of things that are kinda speculative-only-if-its-on-sale level.

And some of the stuff that can only be gotten in packs (despite being told we'd get all the individual things back like they used to be when you bought them from ingame npcs!!). I need a couple of straight roadway pavers, there's no way I'm buying a full pack of wurvy curvy ones that I will never ever use for like what, 60 bucks? Even on sale it feels really expensive. Would happily pay the equivalent (divide by however many segments etc.) to buy just the ones I want.

The fact that I KNOW that sale will come around means there is zero chance of me ever paying full price for anything unless I either am desperate for it, or I feel like its already a good deal. And some stuff is, some stuff isn't.

At the end of the day, I expect the main rationale for turning this on, or off, will be based on how much revenue is coming in. I know for me, since they started doing this a few months ago with the turbo flash sale whatsit, I've spent more on COTOs than ever because I keep running out of them and I keep finding random shoes and perfume bottles and cats and vases just randomly shoved everywhere. :x

7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

not a dream, but no deadline either.

Anpu and Coswald_Dirthmire like this.
  8. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

or perhaps have an alternative where the more you play you build up a discount that you can spend on the store. think subway points for example. or if you buy X amount of things you get points to turn into a discount and or to buy pots with etc..

Adam Crow and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  9. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I like xee’s idea. Let’s expand it. And if you pledged you get a permanent % off Like Duke pledge level is 69% off!

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

They already give you a discount for playing. It's in the form of crowns that you get as loot.

Elwyn, Alley Oop and Vaentorian like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.