1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Caps lock alarm

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Turk Key, Jun 18, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I would like to see a caps lock notification on the log on screen where you enter your password.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Lained

Lained Avatar

This was recently added, though it could be less intrusive but it works.

[​IMG]

3. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Oh wow. This has always been a problem for me. I guess I have not been in CAPS since the change. Darn, wasted a good wish.

Time Lord, Lained and Adam Crow like this.
  4. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

At my age, a daily memory check is a good thing to do.

Time Lord and Barugon like this.
  5. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I will be moving all my accounts to one of these USB Keys soon.

I will be doing this not because of hack security, but because e-mail services have increasingly become inhospitable, demanding more security checks, more personal information, links to phones, other security changes and updates in order to maintain e-mail accounts, which thus then threaten everything linked to that e-mail of becoming inaccessable and thus worthless. The accounts are increasingly demanding more personal information which then, threated phones and all accounts linked to that phone. For instance, one of my e-mail accounts recently asked me "what is #$%% (my 3rd wife's 2nd child's) birthday and when I didn't know that information, they then asked where was that person born. Not knowing the answer to either of these insane questions, as I've had a total of 5 wives and 8 step-children, it then becomes an issue involving a plethora of further communications to regain access to that particular e-mail account.

I encourage all to take heed to take this step and to this story, as cyber attacks have risen to the level of insanity due to recent ongoing world events toxifying all our security mediums in cyber wave attacks to systems and cyber places totally unrelated to the ongoing conflict.
    ~Time Lord~

Last edited: Jun 18, 2022
    Turk Key likes this.
  6. Katu

Katu Avatar

Or snap it in half while rotating with your chair.
    ( Did this with my wireless headphone dongle ).

I use phone as 2 step auth, because my phone can be replicated with ease, if it breaks up or if I lose it. I can disable the phone and even erase all the data remotely.
    Android phones, with Google, can setup all your apps running to your new phone without anything special hazzle.
    My Google account is secured with everything possible as well as my phone.

Instead of using hundreds of passwords I just have to keep changing few main passwords ( steam, google etc ).
    All the minor accounts are randon generated passwords, stored in Chrome with login emails such as "myemail+yahoo@gmail.com" so I know where the leak was, if I get weird emails or something.

Steam login and Google login, with these, no need to create accounts everywhere.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I don't understand how these things work. If you are concerned that some entity is trying to spy on you, how does it make sense to purchase a device made by some company you really know nothing about, and on top of that use an app supplied by another entity whose main focus is to farm your activity? I cannot buy a new thermostat for my heating/cooling system nowdays that I cannot trust isn't monitoring everything said in my hallway. All this smart stuff sets up it's own wifi connection that I have no real control over. Just look at your internet info on the computer you are using and see how many wifi connections are connected and secure through your device for which you have no ability to shut off. If alexa is built into my TV system, why believe that you can shut it off? You want to watch TV, then you have to have that streaming device or network device which cannot be purchased pure of the monitoring circuitry. Protecting yourself seems to me to be impossible these days. Just recently my checking account was taken over by someone who stole a check we mailed through govt mail. Some one got ahold of the check, modified it to pay themselves the check amount by completely erasing all our data from the check except the signature and the amount. Then cashed the real check, paying themselves. We had to cancel the checking account, and have had to deal this last year with 4 checks left uncashed on the cancelled account. I won't bore you with the details, but now we have a secure new checking account and mailbox?

Time Lord and Barugon like this.
  8. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Amen. Just to be clear, I completely understand our situation. I have no answers and it is self deprecating to complain about it too much. It is what it is. It is important that as a population though that we do not lose sight of the truth so that we can entertain hope within ourselves. A little light on the subject from time to time may foster curiosity and therein lies the hope.

I still wasted a wish per the thread subject :(.

Barugon likes this.
  9. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

WHY WOULD I EVER NEED A CAPS LOCK CHECK? Oh, sorry caps.

Turk Key, Barugon and Dinsoo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.