1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fix Needs Testing] LUA Dashboard - a couple potential bugs

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Rinaldi, Apr 29, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

04/29/2022 19:20
    Title: LUA Dashboard - a couple potential issues
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? no
    Details:
    Issue #1 occurs with OCX tools: When i change zones (either running out an exit or teleport out of a zone), I can no longer move or interact with the windows/buttons of the loaded LUA utility (in other words, the lua script is still visible, but the buttons don't work and the windows are locked in place). If I then reload the lua script (by typing "/lua reload" in chat or by using the reload button) the problem resolves until i switch scenes again. I am not what is causing this: OCX ? something in SOTA (such as the LUA dashboard)? or something else? This issue does not occur with SOTAinfo.
    Issue #2 occurs with SOTAinfo: If I have sotainfo loaded (i.e. it is "on" in the dashboard and actively working), then i present "reload", the LUA dashboard turns "off" SOTAinfo on the dashboard and the SOTAinfo lua windows disappears from the screen.
    Issue # 3 occurs with Buff monitoring system: It won't load, keep getting " (Lua): Error loading file C:\Users\Jeff\AppData\Roaming\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Lua\libsota.util.lua C:\Users\Jeff\AppData\Roaming\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Lua\libsota.util.lua:(263,0-24): attempt to index a nil value". I have no idea if maybe I did something wrong (have not used this lua script before) or if this is a problem with the script or the LUA dashboard.

Can anybody reproduce these issues?

Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 32708
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.Win.64.1529.Date.04.28.22
    Area: Novia_R1_Forest02_SpectralMines
    Area Display Name: Spectral Mines
    Loc: (-149.2, -9.8, -110.5)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfRm9yZXN0MDJfU3BlY3RyYWxNaW5lc3x8KC0xNDkuMTc1LCAtOS44MDMsIC0xMTAuNTI5KXwoMCwgMC43MDcsIDAsIDAuNzA3KXw4OS45OTk4NnwxMHwyLjY3MTAzNA==

Last edited: Apr 29, 2022
  2. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Fixed a bunch of stuff for the manager coming in next patch with the scene switch problem, also another fix will be in for the on off soon after probably monday or thuesday.

If they are all set to on or off for now there wont be problem with switch scene. When having more than 2 script and turning one off problem start with the on off.

Sorry about that! I did test with many script but forgot some behavior :\

Anpu and Rinaldi like this.
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Rinaldi, is there still something pending from this?

4. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

I am still having issue #1 on the live server (have not tested this on the latest qa, tho). I am using ocx tools, and after changing zones ocx freezes and cannot be interacted with unless I do manual lua reload.

Issue #2: I decided not to use buff monitor lua because I could not get it to work consistently. So, I decided to put off more testing with the buff monitor until another patch is issued.
    So, I am not sure if this issue is still present.

Issue #3 is resolved.

5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I’m not seeing #1 happening for me with ocx tools 2.0.2. I’m using windows 10.

6. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

for issue # 1, it used to happen every time i changed zones, but after @DavidDC made the last changes for live server, it started happening intermittently.
    I did a little bit of testing and I think I may have found the culprit.
    I had OCX, sota info, and buff monitor system in my lua folder.
    I could not get buff monitor system to work (error loading one of the libsota files, shown in issue #3 in my original post), so i turned off buff monitor in the lua dashboard.
    However, SOTA was still trying to load the libsota file, and kept giving that loading error.
    Even tho I had buff monitor turned off, SOTA tried to load libsota files (generating the error), and ocx was still freezing (perhaps the freezes were caused the failure to load the libsota file?)
    When i removed buff monitor and the libsota files from the lua folder, the freezing seems to have stopped.

This was just a brief test..so I will keep an eye on it and see if i can glean more about it.

7. DavidDC

It should work to load files if files are in their own folders and not root so lua dont try to load it by itself. But thats up to the script owners to fix this.

8. DavidDC

All this should be fixed?

9. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Oh! Hi ya, I have not had time to recheck this thoroughly (I have not played SOTA for over a month; only logged in for a few minutes to pay rent).
    I will probably have time to do some testing in the next two weeks.
    I'll report back soon.

Alley Oop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.