Eps 3 road map

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Knuckles, Jun 23, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I just asked a question.

2. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

With impunity?

3. CICI

CICI Avatar

Episode 2 is still in Early Access =)

Paladin Michael likes this.
  4. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

Anyone know when the story is supposed to come out for Ep2 or when it might possibly be completely released?

Paladin Michael likes this.
  5. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

Paladin Michael and Sentinel2 like this.
  6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

No idea. The intent is to get the scenes in first, then add the quests and story. Anpu posted a link about a 6-8 months ago in Discord to an official update that included a list of planned scenes. (Unfortunately, I'm having trouble tracking down that exaact update. What I recall does seem to jive with this section on the wiki.) Assuming they don't cut any of those scenes, and based on how long it's taken to implement the scenes they have gotten in, it worked out to around to some time in mid 2024 before we start seeing episode 2 story content.

Of course, plans can change, and that's just a best guess based on what information we have.

Which ignores the question asked and has nothing to do with when episode 2 story content will be introduced into the game. See also my Burger King snark.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
    FBohler likes this.
  7. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

The question was when does the STORY come out.

Nothing there about GAME CONTENT.

While that MAY have been the intended question, it was not.

Just sayin'

Cordelayne likes this.
  8. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Well, if we're going to be that fast n' loose with the language and just make up what words mean, then bleep boop bippity bopp. Q.E.D.

FBohler, Sea Bear and Cordelayne like this.
  9. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...player-owned-town-voucher-redemptions.162036/

(there are scenes made already that were NOT on that list, so i'd expect the total to be more than these, not less.)

10. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

Sorry I wasn't more clear posting on the game's website. I meant when is the story and Ep2 as a whole going to be released IN GAME?
    Thank you Cora for the information about the possible mid 2024 timeframe, obviously give or take few months. I will check back here and in game around that time.

11. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:(~Episode 3~:(
    [​IMG]

Paladin Michael and Cordelayne like this.
  12. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

I popped my head in game for the first time in many years over the weekend, and I would agree this is a better item to ask about than anything Episode 3 related.

I am sure I missed a lot of bug fixes in a brief tour back, but I saw a new continent with some new zones that had a few (non-Ep 2 story) quests in them. A bunch of POTS moved there. Oh, and avatars can ride horsies, in a very janky way.

This was the 2019 pitch Darkstarr put in his updates - "2019 will of course culminate with Episode 2 which will have a new story, new lands, a revamp of the Quest and Journal system, a Theater System, Treasure Hunting with treasure maps that show up as loot, Item Affinity, Taming system expansions, Customizable NPCs, and expanded permissions for containers and doors!"

So there are new lands I guess - has any progress been made on anything else? Does Chris even talk about where these things are at, or does he just not even mention these features anymore (I can't find anything in the forums that would resemble any status update from Chris and the team)?

I will assume at least a few of those are implemented and I just didn't see it, but there are 9-10 Ep 2 features in there. It's been more than four years since Ep 1 launch, so Episode 2 is progressing nicely for a 2032 launch it seems. The major ones - story, quests and quest system revamp, certainly were not in.

I was hoping to have come back to a bit more, but it was disappointing. I hope folks are still enjoying the game so I am not trying to yuck anyone's yum, but the lack of visible progress in game systems and lack of any easily retrievable information about what is being worked on, after four years, has the logical side of my brain saying "Episode 2 is not actually being worked on".

13. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

About half of that. New lands are in. Story will/is supposed to happen after all the new scenes are completed. No quest/journal system, though the journal got a UI improvement. No theater system, treasure hunting, or item affinity. The rest has been implemented in some form or other.

Cordelayne likes this.
  14. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

Chris is working for a different company working on NFTs.

Appernetly that's better for the game, because... reasons.

FBohler and Cordelayne like this.
  15. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Once Shroud of the Apes, the working title I assume, releases sweet, sweet speculation dollars will rain from the block chain and infuse Shroud of the Avatar with much needed development resources. Once Chris is living the good life like a '98 John Romero, the halo of his Rockstardom will encompass this game as well.

FBohler, Elwyn and Time Lord like this.
  16. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

17. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Indeed, Chris is the true father of our game, with the other fatherly creators being seer sages into it's future which has a very deep roadmap in story & consepts to follow.
    As our game drifts off, we have our tending programing family and our most notable noble members for community cohesiveness.

It is in this way our Shroud of the Avatar is a place where the nobles remain in a dream world which is alive because it has no predicable outcome, only a direction of programing movement.
    If it were a finished world, like Ultima Online, it would live for a time, then die as UO did, having completed it's time and advanced programming limits.

Because of all of this, Shroud on the Avatar is meant to be revisited not only by we who play, but for those who saw and built us on that direction.

:eek:' The fewer, the greater share of honor...

Our game is a living child of Ultima.

~Time Lord~

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  18. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

More like deadbeat dad, as of late.

Dinsoo likes this.
  19. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Is it possible this is where we will find the boats, treasure maps and other completed systems that were discussed and or promised? Is there a link to this new game he is doing ?

20. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Well, he and Lord British announced a new game built on the firm foundation of cryptocurrency about 2 or 3 weeks before the bottom dropped out of the cryptocurrency market so... yeah, no link to the project at the moment, and probably not until team convinces some gentlemen with very nice suits that work for the companies that didn't go all in on cryptocurrency that the recent instability is just a blip and all the rampant thief in the play2earn space is just FUD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.