1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Needs More Info] Summoner pets do not attack players

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Yumorist, Jan 10, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Yumorist

Yumorist Avatar

When you right-click on a player character and command to attack a hostile character's pet, the pet does not execute the command. When testing different situations, it turned out that the problem is to some extent connected with the generator of aggression of the players, in a long confrontation the pet is all-
    however, it becomes aggressive and begins to attack on its own, but certain player characters, refusing to obey the command of the pet owner. There is also the problem of the December update with the absence (extremely small) of the generation of aggression by pets or an increased indicator of aggression from the pet owner.

2. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Verified with summoned water elemental and 2 tamed pets (massive crocodile, and a Young Lion. Commanding them to attack the other player's pet/elemental doesn't seem to do anything.

The other player (duel) was in the same guild.. can't seem to reproduce this in a PVP scene or with a non-guildmate duel..

@Yumorist Was the other person you experienced this with in the same guild? Was it a duel or open PVP scene? Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
  3. Yumorist

Yumorist Avatar

Tested in the Breach location with different players, as well as in the player's city in duel mode with different players. In the player's city, over the course of several battles, the pet still began to show aggression and attack certain players at its discretion. Using the Torpor skill has been found to reduce the aggression score,
    makes a player from a group of opponents the most unclaimed for attack. The problem at the beginning of the battle remains relevant and the pet does not attack when ordered. Probably he simply does not detect hostile characters due to the insufficient indicator of the enemy's aggression.

4. Echondas

@Yumorist Which pets / elementals did you observe this with? (sorry I forgot to ask earlier)

5. Yumorist

Yumorist Avatar

The problem occurs only with the pets of the summoner, the elementals of the opponents have no problems.

6. Yumorist

Yumorist Avatar

And again yesterday on the ship of the bazaar of extreme difficulty during a PVP collision, my pet did not react in any way to the order to attack the enemy player. It's just outrageous when so much effort and time is invested and the strongest summoner on the server remains completely useless in a PVP battle. Let me explain
    that I myself do not attack the enemy and do not apply any negative skills to him. I use only amplifying buffs for the pet. perhaps for this reason, for my pet, the target remains simply invisible, which of course I consider a mistake that needs to be corrected.

7. Echondas

What summoned elemental was this? Also is your elemental hostility set to Aggressive, Defensive, or Passive?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2022
  8. Yumorist

Yumorist Avatar

I'm describing the issue with the summoner branch, I don't use elementals. And of course, the pet has an aggressive mode. However, changing the modes to defense and passive, he still refused to attack opponents-players. The pet will only attack the player if it takes damage from the player.

9. Echondas

By summoner do you mean Taming - bears, wolves, crocodiles, lions , etc?

укрощение ?

10. Yumorist

Yumorist Avatar

quite right

11. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

When a pet is set to aggressive, it wont attack other player first. Either player has to attack the person or the other player need to attack that player first. We are intentionally blocking the first attack to prevent exploits. Setting the pet or summon in any other mode than aggressive will succesfully attack the player.