1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed 70679] Two dragons spawning at once in encounter

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Gwendolyn Obscuro, Jul 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

Credit to Skeggy Media for finding this bug.

Dragon encounters have always spawned a single dragon. Twice now on Skeggy's streams he has had two dragons spawn. If this is a change I somehow missed just ignore this post but I hadn't seen any changes mentioned to encounters.

I don't have a full /bug and didn't see what encounter he was in last week when this happened but today his /loc was RandomEncounter_Plains02/Stag_Dragon_Mistrendur (-.037, 31.408, -1). Last week he was fighting an aether dragon when he go the great threat approaches message and a young black dragon appeared. After killing the young black dragon he got the threat is gone message but was still fighting the aether dragon. This week two regular sized dragons seemed to spawn right away after clearing the stags. Character name- Scar Face. Issue can be seen around 1hr 15 minutes into his stream today, I can find the more exact timing later if it would help.

Coswald_Dirthmire likes this.
  2. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I got a young purple dragon and an aether dragon in a random stag encounter last night. Handled the purple, fled from the aether. Discretion is valor, after all.

3. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Here is /bug info from an encounter I saw this myself. This time there were also two pilgrims.

07/23/2022 22:49
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8) System RAM: 16252
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GPU RAM: 4061
    SotA.Win.64.1558.Date.07.11.22
    Area: RandomEncounter_Plains02/Stag_Dragon_HiddenVale
    Area Display Name: Plains Encounter
    Loc: (-36.9, 32.5, -2.4)
    Debug: UmFuZG9tRW5jb3VudGVyX1BsYWluczAyfFN0YWdfRHJhZ29uX0hpZGRlblZhbGV8KC0zNi45MDUsIDMyLjQ5NywgLTIuMzU1KXwoMCwgLTAuNTcsIDAsIC0wLjgyMSl8LTI5MC4xODY5fDQxLjM4MTN8OC42MDkzNDk=

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

is one of them always an aether?

Anpu likes this.
  5. Gwendolyn Obscuro

No, that is what I assumed the first time but the second time Skeggy saw two regular adult dragons at once. And yesterday Prankster had a group fighting dragons and it seemed to give two dragons each time, seemingly random from the possible dragons for that encounter.

Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
  6. Gwendolyn Obscuro

I have investigated this a bit more. I think there are actually twice as many deer in the scene. If you are careful to kill one at a time it will trigger a single dragon and if you quickly kill that you get the message that the threat is gone and those of us that are used to encounters probably leave without killing any more deer. But if I then continue killing deer I get a second dragon. In parties there are multiple people killing the deer and so both get spawned close to the same time, and probably in Skeggy's drawn out battle with the aether dragon a deer or two also got killed triggering the second dragon. But I am consistently getting two dragons per encounter run.

Coswald_Dirthmire, Alley Oop and Anpu like this.
  7. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the reports! Issue #70679

What's happening is the new system that's supposed to spawn only the Aether dragon OR default set in this scene isn't working properly and both sets are spawning. This will be fixed with next release.

Anpu likes this.
  8. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Confirmed fixed in 1564. I ran several encounters and was only ever able to get a single dragon to spawn, including an aether dragon in one of the encounters.

Sannio, Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.