Umbra

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Isabel Ayin, Jul 15, 2022.

1. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

I've decided to delete the Regnum thread because there are a lot of changes coming that didn't fit in the old thread anymore.

I'm a restless ass (that's the expression we would use in my language) but I hope this time is the final one. For the next patch (I guess) Regnum will change its name, template and location.

Regnum will be called Umbra Regnum. In UO I had my house next to Umbra and it is a time that I remember very fondly, so I have decided to add this name to my POT, which also fits very well with my intentions.
    And although I really liked the mountain template, I really miss the sea so now Regnum will be a huge forest with a beautiful sea and a small beach. Beach!! :D
    And to be consistent with the new template, the POT will be located on the waterfront, next to Soltown. I will be able to hear the waves of the sea and the seagulls every time I enter or leave Regnum.

So now there is not much to see in Regnum because I have disassembled everything so that our dear developers can make the changes. There are only three of my houses left, which I will also pick up next week, waiting to be able to place them next to the beach.

I want to take advantage of this post to thank the gifts and donations that I have received for Regnum. I have received them with great enthusiasm and affection. You are all very great, my friends.

[​IMG]

Tahru, Ravalox, Crandall and 9 others like this.
  2. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings Isabel Ayin
    I saw that you have your new town and place added this release. Congratulations on the move and I look forward to visiting it..

Gia2, Time Lord and Isabel Ayin like this.
  3. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

Yes, I am happy to have a balcony overlooking a huge and beautiful sea!
    I hope that soon I can upgrade Umbra Regnum because now I occupy almost all the space with my plots and I would like to build a nice neighborhood to be able to place reclaimable plots.
    Come visit Umbra whenever you want but be careful if you swim in the sea, a shark may appear ;)

Crandall, Blake47, Anpu and 2 others like this.
  4. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

It is Shark Week in the US. A time for shark fun and discovery. I will be careful.

Blake47, Time Lord and Isabel Ayin like this.
  5. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

There is still a lot to do in Umbra Regnum but it is already taking shape. If you're interested in locating your home in this little kingdom, you'll probably want to know what you'll find.

The first thing you have to know is that Umbra Regnum is designed to be visited and where everything is part of the decoration.
    The devotionals, the NPC merchants, the lava pool, the training yard... they are not located grouped in a comfortable area where you can reach everything without moving, all of this is part of the design of the POT and, as such, you will have to walk around the city to reach them.
    However, there are two POT signposts for the two main areas: Blackstone Castle and Xenossian Gardens.

Umbra has two dungeons: Blackstone Prison, which is accessed from the inner courtyard of Blackstone Castle (teleport Blackstone Castle), and Search and Destiny, located in the gardens of Ayin Mansion (in front the Town Crier).
    Links to dungeon information are here:
    Blackstone Prison: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/blackstone-prison.171017/
    Search and Destiny: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/search-and-destiny.170950/

At the entrance of Blackstone Castle you will find the crafting merchant and another merchant who can change depending on the needs of the moment. And inside the castle there is a training yard so you can train your combat skills and the enclosure of Cierzo and Tozolón, two small dragons with a voracious appetite. I try to get them used to eating carrots, but it doesn't seem like this is their favorite food.
    Crossing the castle you reach the area that will be the neighborhood for residents.

To the left of the castle is a large gustball field and to the right of the castle is my residential area. In this area is the home of Goofy the Mage, where all the shrines are located and the teleport to Compendium of Pain and Suffering (teleport Devotionals and Shrines).

In this area, Umbra Regnum also has a lava pool, located behind Library William of Baskerville and which is reached through a nice and cozy cemetery.
    And the only store (for the moment), “The Happy Hake Shop and Tavern”, in which the vendors are also integrated into the decoration and that offer you all kinds of items necessary for your day to day life in SotA.

These are the services that Umbra Regnum can offer at this time. I have no expert crafting stations, there is not NPC buildings and no other merchants besides the Banker and Town Crier located on the docks.
    At the moment, the plots are reserved to preserve the decoration but in the next R106 I hope to be able to upgrade Umbra Regnum and be able to build the residential neighborhood for players, place more devotionals and more NPC merchants.

If you want to come to live or open a business in Umbra Regnum, now or when the city is bigger, there is a place for you here.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
    Anpu likes this.
  6. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Congratulation, sound like the town is really taking shape. I look forward to visiting it next week.

Isabel Ayin likes this.
  7. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

This is the location of Umbra Regnum, a couple of steps from Soltown, next to the shore of the Great Sea

[​IMG]

Tahru and that_shawn_guy like this.
  8. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings Isabel Ayin
    Is it ok if I place a town lot some where in your town? Preferably mountain top or near coast. Also any deco restrictions I need to know about? It will be for one of my alts btw.

Thank you

Isabel Ayin likes this.
  9. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

Of course yes, welcome! :):):)

I forgot, there will be no decoration restrictions, you can put the type of house you want. In Umbra Regnum there is only one restriction: the plots that are reserved to preserve the appearance of that side of the castle.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2022
  10. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

This is going on and I'm getting more and more excited.
    Today I have worked in the gardens of Ayin Mansion and I have built a couple of adorable corners.
    I want every corner of Umbra Regnum to be beautiful (each one in its own style) and that every walk you take makes you want to revisit the city or stay and live in it.

I am designing the city so that my plots are integrated into the landscape of the POT, there are even times when I myself do not know if I am in one of my houses or in the town.

Within the possibilities, I am also placing market stalls, simulated or real, so that it seems that you are walking through a real city. One of these flea market stalls is the donation vendor, behind Ayin Mansion. In this vendor you can buy a donation ticket for the amount you want or leave any item in the chest to help Umbra Regnum grow. Next to the seller you will find a gift box from which you can take a gift as a token of my appreciation.

And it already seems certain that in R106 I will be able to build the neighborhood and more people will be able to come to live in the city. I'm looking forward to sharing Umbra Regnum with you!

11. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

Added portal to Compendium of Pain and Suffering in Goofy the Mage's home, and added welcome message when entering Umbra Regnum.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
  12. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

Goofy the Mage has decorated his garden and added all the shrines to better serve the residents and visitors of Umbra Regnum.
    Many thanks to Gepeto Ereshkingal, @Coswald_Dirthmire and Liam Preinor for collaborating on this project!

Coswald_Dirthmire and Anpu like this.
  13. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

I must reiterate the incredible generosity of this wonderful community of players.
    Thanks to XXXXX Umbra Regnum has expert workstations available to everyone in Blackstone Castle. I'm emotional and I don't know what to say except thank you.

[​IMG]

Anpu likes this.
  14. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

Umbra Regnum has received the upgrade and I will be able to build the neighborhood for residents but after "the Dark Days" all the market stalls and the donated shrines and the expert workstations have disappeared and I also have to re-manufacture and place various decorative elements of the POT, as well as the area of Lookout Mountain that I had set up for the home of Fuzzy Lark, whose house is also missing.
    When the new neighborhood is built, I will announce it so that anyone who wants it can claim a plot.

Anpu likes this.
  15. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings Isabel Ayin
    I sent you a PM about the missing stuff that was returned to me. Also thanks for setting up the lot for Fuzzy Lark. They have claimed it but time is needed for redecorating. The removal of the Heritage will be a big help for redecorating and may even add some new ideas. :)

Isabel Ayin likes this.
  16. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

Umbra Regnum has purchased a new building to house the crafting area. It is a rustic antique shop converted into workshops that already houses the public expert workstations and that the Master of the Arts of the Kingdom will decorate when the obligations that keep her on planet Earth allow it.

And soon (R108, I hope) the merchant NPCs will be moving to a crafting shop that will be located right across from the new crafting building.

When this happens, and when I get back the shrines that disappeared with the Catastrophic Crash, I'll open Umbra Regnum for anyone who wants to claim a parcel.

Silently and ConjurerDragon like this.
  17. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

Dear Avatar friends, Umbra Regnum is ready to receive residents.

The claimable plots are located in the Arts Quarter, where you can find the public crafting workshops, some NPC merchants, and the banker (who will soon have a bank to stay at).
    I have also recovered the shrines that disappeared after the catastrophe (thanks @Adam Crow) and that are located in Sanctuary Gardens, where the Sanctuaries and the Oracle are also.
    There is still work to be done and a lot to decorate, and the city will grow a little more soon. I hope that whoever wishes to set up their home or business in Umbra finds a beautiful city to live in and sees it grow and become a little more beautiful every day.

Thanks to all of you who have helped me recover what was lost after the crash.
    Welcome everyone!

Adam Crow and Anpu like this.
  18. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

An evil witch has taken possession of a part of the Kingdom and is luring lost children to her little candy house with the dark intention of feeding them fat and then cooking them in her oven.

If you feel like visiting the Wicked Witch's Candy House, you can find it in the Sanctuary Gardens area, direct teleporter with signpost!

Warrior B'Patrick likes this.
  19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

20. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

I am excited to share with you that Umbra Regnum already has all the houses in Novia.
    Welcome new residents, I hope you feel comfortable in my city.
    Thanks for coming!

[​IMG]