1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

"Making Difference Store" items.

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Stealch, Aug 1, 2022.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

Hi! I'm very glad that you making 20% donations for charity, but! I'm not ready spent my money for useless things. I not mean that charity is useless, but if you add some ingame useful buffs for purchased items - this will be awesome =))
    For example: equipped Water.org cloak increase watering radius for 20% (none artifacts for agriculture in game!), equipped water.org glowing mug decrease watering time, rain emote CAN be used for plants watering (dreams, but for example...). I think you can make much more useful buffs for all things you selling for real money. The attraction in these products will grow and you will be able to collect much more money than just selling decorative items.

2. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

Shroud of the Avatar is not only proud to be able to donate a portion of the income from those items, we are also very proud to not fall into the Pay to Win category of Free to Play games. We would much rather people buy the items on the Web Store because they want to support a worth while charity, than to try to increase the sales numbers in a P2W format.

Buff items (like Artifacts in the game) can be obtained without having to spend real money. Though some buffs that may be suggested could be considered convenience items, we would rather place those on the in game crown store or in places where they could be looted in game. (Don't forget that COTOs can be found in loot, and purchased for gold from other players on vendors)

If there are buff types missing in the game, maybe suggest adding those in directly?

vulcanjedi, Anpu and simon1974 like this.
  3. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

No problem! None ANY artifacts for agriculture total - only elven brandy have some agriculture buff; None buffs for Smelting, Skinning, Weaving, Butchery, Woodwork - only 7-years Whiskey adds some speed. No one buff for increase fishing speed in game. I think all of crafting skills must have crafting buff with artifact. Am i right?

4. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

The best thing to do here, would be to lay out each buff, define what the buff is, what kind of artifact or blessing or what have you would provide the buff, outline if the buff would grow in power with the character's level, or would the buff last longer with a higher level? The more interesting buffs would have a drawback of some kind... to balance the use of something strong. (It's all about balance ;) )

If you decide to outline some ideas. you should make a thread for each one. So the player debate doesn't get confusing, and each one can be analyzed on it's own merits.

Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.