Unity update

Discussion in 'Player Test Environment (QA Server) Feedback' started by Barugon, Aug 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Is the Unity update on QA yet?

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I don't believe so(?) the sota_log.txt states:

Initialize engine version: 2018.4.36f1 (6cd387d23174)

Barugon likes this.
  3. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I imagine there will be a post by Ravalox announcing it, if not a test directive. Then again, maybe they said, "let's sneak it in and see if they notice."

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I have to assume that it's turning out to be a nightmare. @Undone is also having problems with the new Unity in Embers Adrift.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2022
  5. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

I almost had it to work correctly until i do something wrong and break all the player town in QA. (Bad trumpet sound here)
    We are also setting up a new server next week and i think this will open the possibility to have another QA for 2021 (or just a better build machine overall) and should also fix the houses issues.
    Once that's setup, ill push the new version of 2021 that should work this time (with no houses missing, fingers crossed here :p) so everyone can test it out.

Its not really a nightmare in term of fixing or upgrading to 2021 it was pretty much as i expected and even better. The worse part we are struggling on is building the game (from the server), since we run many test before starting a build to ensure everything is fine, those test are giving me some problems. We are gaining alot of experience also working with all this, some part of the game became more clear for us.

Anyway, we are progressing! Fairly sure Ravalox will give a shout about all this in the stream also!

6. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

thank you @DavidDC for providing this detailed status information. it is much appreciated!

Wilfred and FrostII like this.
  7. jamews

jamews Avatar

any updates at this point?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.