Flair's Fetid/Fresh Dungeon 48HR Contest

Discussion in 'One-Time Player Events' started by Flair, Aug 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flair

Flair Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Please help me test out my new dungeon revamps by coming and fishing out my dungeon and poking around. You can find my dungeon in Duanor on any streetsign listed as Flair's Famous Fishing Dungeon. When you go into the foyer you will see two sharks on display with a barrel in between them. This is where you will fish up and place your largest FETID/FRESH fish caught in Duanor inside my dungeon. There are bunches of rooms found inside the dungeon but for right now you need only worry about ones that contain the fetid/fresh fish.
    The largest FETID fish gets a fetid fishing room for their dungeon. The largest FRESH fish gets a fresh fishing room for their dungeon. The contest will run a real life 48hrs beginning on 17Aug2022 @5pm CST and ending on 19Aug2022 @5pm CST. All fish must be turned in by 5pm and i will tally it up and announce the winners. Good Luck all!!
    Flair Minamoto

2. Flair

@Phamyns added a fish finder cloak to the prizes. To win this item you need to have the longest length combined of fresh and fetid water. There is a barrel with bags. Simply take one put your player name on it and submit your fish. There is only 100 fish finder cloaks in the game so try to win.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2022
  3. Rook Strife

Rook Strife Avatar

In all fairness I think the fish finder cloak should go to whoever comes in last

Realistically, they will probably get the most use out of it

FrostII likes this.
  4. Flair

@Strider99 asked for an extention till midnight CST on Friday so you are all in luck.

5. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

In my experience smallest fish contests usually end in ties since the minimum fish size drops reasonably often. I think 0.68 or somewhere near there is the smallest freshwater fish, a peacock bass, so surely folks would just turn in one of those alongside a small sharptooth an go for the rare cloak?

FrostII and Past Blue Ribbon like this.
  6. merlinfire

merlinfire Avatar

Awesome! I had forgot to submit mine and wasn't going to be able to get home in time to submit before the deadline, that extension saves me :)

7. Galorn

Galorn Avatar

Yes, thank you for the extension.

8. Flair

Ok guys.. I know you are waiting on the results so here they are Flair's Dungeon Fishing Results. I will be mailing out the prizes, fish, and book about the tourney to everyone. Here is a copy of what the enclosed book says for everyone who participated.

Thank you everyone for coming and testing out and exploring my dungeon. I would also like to thank the folks who gave some prizes and things to me to help out, Phamyns, Strider, River, and even Coswald for his awesome stream.

Your winner with a combined length of 6.183 is Galorn Hammerthrow. He caught a nice arapaima 3.436 and king salmon 2.747 to win the fisher finder cloak. Since he also caught the largest fresh and fetid as well the next runner ups won the dungeon rooms. Second largest fetid was Rook Strife with a arapaima 3.230 who won the fetid fishing dungeon room. The second largest fresh was Blast ItAll with a king salmon 2.300 who won the fresh fishing room.

The booby prizes for the smallest submitted over length go to Jack Sinassist with an overall combined length of 2.843. He won the odd container. The small fetid submission booby prize goes to Cabezon with a Spotted Catfish 2.026. He won the pax ring common. The smallest fresh booby prize fell to Phamyns with a Large Brook Trout 1.156. He won the freshwater angler ring common.

I hope you all enjoyed the contest and I can't wait to do it again. Please stop by the dungeon anytime and try out the 2 quests that are in there so far with more to come.

Flair Minamoto

I did try to make it fair for folks and only give one prize out as well as some booby prizes to those who didn't catch some of the largest fish. Please look for another contest soon.

FrostII, Rhodrisan, Winston and 2 others like this.
  9. Rook Strife

Rook Strife Avatar

Great contest Flair :)

Coswald_Dirthmire, Flair and FrostII like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.