Feedback for Testing Directive : Past Due Taxes

Discussion in 'Player Test Environment (QA Server) Feedback' started by Gwendolyn Obscuro, Oct 12, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

I have two taxed lots, one keep and one row. For at least the last several months I have been paying my 'Days Remaining' up to 120 days, every few days. So I know that on the date we were set back to I had between 115 and 120 days remaining on both of these lots. When the rollback occurred these lots were only 76 and 75 days remaining left, so I lost around 40 days worth of taxes I had pre-paid, but did not have any gold listed in the 'past due' column.

When I read the testing directive it sounded like only lots with past due values would be affected by this fix which I found disappointing. What I found when I logged in was that days remaining is now set to 391 days for my keep lot and 1572 days on my row lot- both much higher than the 120 days which would make me whole (in this specific issue, not overall). I would be fine if this is the fix that you go with of course but I don't think it worked as intended.

2. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Test result:

For one account it worked fine,

but

the second accoung, where the lot was gone - there is still a Tax Debt of 23.500.
    So the Tax Debt should also be 0.

Time Lord and Gwendolyn Obscuro like this.
  3. Gwendolyn Obscuro

now in the second round of testing:

on live my two taxed lots have 71 and 70 days remaining respectively (have been avoiding paying extra until after the fix)
    on QA they both have 59 days remaining

I assume it is 59 and not 60 because it has started counting down in the few hours since you made the change. It seems like it did what you said in the testing directive that it was going to do.

However please be aware that this fix just took another 11-12 days of my prepaid taxes away on top of the 35 - 40 I had already lost. (that is about 162K gold I had prepaid) Also I assume anyone who doesn't check this window/pay their taxes daily will come back to it listing back taxes already. Some people who have back taxes now will think the fix didn't go in and others who prepay like I do won't be expecting back taxes because they prepay.

Time Lord and Anpu like this.
  4. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

I'm not sure to understand where the tax debt is showing if lot is gone? Can you show me a screenshot please or someone tell me what to look at for this

Time Lord and Paladin Michael like this.
  5. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

When you hit U in-game it shows your list of properties and individual days left or days owing if you've gone overdo, but you also have a credit bank at the bottom of that screen - if you let a claimed property go into negative values before it is abandoned those are rolled into your credit bank and you can have a lower credit than you expected, or even a negative there preventing you from claiming property in-game until you pay back any amounts owing.

Time Lord and Paladin Michael like this.
  6. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

thank you Lord Andernut.
    That's it.

Key "U"

The deed was back in inventory, and the Tax Debt of 23.500 is shown at the bottom - to claim a lot you have to pay the debt.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Third round of testing:

This one puts my two taxable lot deeds back at 120 days, right where they should be after the rollback. Yay and thank you!

Now the only question is whether it fixes things for people who either had a lot fall or have unclaimed it since the rollback. Hopefully some of those people will test and report back!

Time Lord and Ravalox like this.
  8. Lord Stein

Lord Stein Avatar

My lots on both accounts are fixed...thank you. On QA that is.

Time Lord and Ravalox like this.
  9. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

Ok, my taxes have been fixed on QA plus the extra days that I had paid then are also now showing correctly.

BUT, the big question is, since I could not wait for this because I could not place lots in my town, I contacted support to fix this, which they did BUT no extra days so I added days, lifted taxed lots, etc.

Will the added days that I have paid for and shown in QA also be added to the taxed lots I now have in live? and the taxed lots I have removed will those days be added to my tax pool?

Know this a pain in the a** question for so little tax gold to be retrieved for me but the whole rollback has been a nightmare for me and this is just another thing on my growing nightmare rollback list.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2022
    Time Lord likes this.
  10. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Days are added to whichever deed that got affected (the deed placed this month are not, those are correct already).

Paladin Michael and Time Lord like this.
  11. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

This is unclear. What does this mean more explicitly. What deeds were affected. How many days were added?

Can we just eliminate all taxes for the period of downtime and report that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.