Salvaging items

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by ConjurerDragon, Oct 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

As gold slowly starts to become less of a constraint I began to salvage items that would be bought for less then 15 gold.

However the 0 durability tols (e.g. smith hammer, tailoring scissors) won´t let themselves put on the blacksmith station to salvage. When I try to move them on the station a message asks if I would want to equip them (despite them being durability 0 and having a new tool with higher durability installed).
    So - how do I get rid of those? They do not vanish automatically when they break but to 0 dura and I can´t salvage them on the blacksmith or carpenter station.

Is the only way to manually destroy 0 durability tools in the inventory?

When salvaging a low durability golden necklace I got metal scraps instead of gold back. Is that a bug and it ought to be gold scraps or is that a function of my blacksmithing salvage skill?

2. Toular

Toular Avatar

You can sell all tools like that except the ones you got at character creation. You can also repair them using a tool repair kit, but the max durability goes down each time you do so.

3. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Isn´t reparing tools more expensive than simply using them up and buying a new one?

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

At first, yes. After fighting many humanoid creatures, you will start collecting many tool kits for free as they can drop the various tool kits.

What I did was carry several tools on me, and then would use them up to 0 durability, then equip a new one. Be sure to sell the broken ones back to NPC’s for a little cash.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
  5. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

You can right click an item and select destroy item to get rid of it.
    vj

Lazarus Long likes this.
  6. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

I have seen that. It just did not make sense to me that I could throw most metal stuff on the blacksmith station and most wooden stuff on the carpenting station to salvage some parts, but not with tools,
    that - even if I have a new tool with 100 durability equipped and the tool I try to move to the working station is at 0 dura - ask if I want to equip them insted of being able to salvage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.