PVP Full Loot and the PKing experience!

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Greed., Feb 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Artariel

Artariel Avatar

lol stop raging. He is totally right, PvE "ends" but PvP (not meaning the duels but open pvp) is what breaks the linear circle where you always do resource slavery and monster farming non-stop. What do you expect, what are you going to do when you finish learning all the creatures and items? Expect another expansion? No no no, this is what EA has done to UO for many years, kept adding new items and monsters every expansion, just like WoW also does. It is plain boring, you will sure achieve every knowledge and possession about monsters at some point. All the devs can do about is to "mask" the situation by adding more monsters, items etc. but that is tiring for both devs and players. We can't behave like this is just some single player game where you can only extend the temporary fun by adding more items. Instead, this is MMO (semi-mmo actually) where all the dynamics are determined by the community.

KingPramus, blaquerogue and Ara like this.
  2. Morkul

Morkul Avatar

You do know this is episode 1 of 5 all of them stand alone and will about one year apart, right? Personally I have pied for the first 3 episodes and hoping for at least 3 years of fun playing.

Akeashar and NRaas like this.
  3. Duke Crachazz

Duke Crachazz Avatar

this too
    and what is with those who find this kind of gameplay boring, and actively seek non consensual pvp, and also pledged for this game to happen like everybody else?
    Ah those guys should just go back to playing UO right?

4. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

what you didn't read was all the glitches in the game have kept people out of the DAYZ game until they fix it which they will, stuff that has nothing to do with PVP, so when that is fixed they will all go back into that game granted it not SoTA, its a total different genre but people actually cant wait to get back in that game! I know i have it as well and know more about whats going on with it than just pointing fingers and assuming its not doing good! It actually is doing quite good! Just need to fix issues in the game! DayZ was created by Arma look at those numbers, Arma 1, 2, and 3, and day Z, that game has killed CoD, battlefield as far as numbers! This game will never have the funds or population as they do and never be able to afford graphics like those games have ever!

5. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I paid for all 5 and im really dissapointed! wish i had spent that money elsewhere on something better! i think i may just take Malaks advice and suck it up or move on probably the latter! Theres always single player online!

6. Duke Crachazz

Duke Crachazz Avatar

lol freak, but proves my point.

7. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

That you expect something that was stated will not happen?

MalakBrightpalm likes this.
  8. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Propose an open pvp system that fits within what we know to be true about SotA and you will see a big difference in the responses here on the forums. Typically, those threads get a few comments then are pushed down the page. Why, because all we can do is wait until they post that mega PvP thread.

Post something that is obviously not going to happen, like non consensual PvP, and you will get what you have seen.

9. Duke Crachazz

Duke Crachazz Avatar

You always say that, but where does it say that open pvp is not going to happen *obviously*?
    Where does Portalarium state that? Where do they even say anything specific?

Also the only references in the forum about serialized items, was from you, nobody else is talking about it.

10. Morkul

Morkul Avatar

I didn't know you could get all episodes but when checking I have them all to, do not know how I missed that. :)

Anyhow, why disappointed? If you read and listen to all the devs have said from day one and then look at what they say and deliver now you will see that it's the same thing. Then there is a lot of people here that have put down money just because it's RG game and thought SotA where going to be a new UO, then I guess you can be somewhat disappointed. There there is some that tries to read between the lines and make really strange interpretations to make claims that devs have said something they have not.

Only way I can see how someone are disappointed about this with open PvP is that they are disappointed in them self because they didn't get enough facts before they committed with money.

Seneth Somed likes this.
  11. Morkul

Morkul Avatar

All I was saying was that there is at least two sides to this coin and just because you like it one way do not mean that that all players like it that way and if you pushing that your side of things are the only truth you are forcing your opinion on others. So start calming that your opinion is how THIS work without even caring about how other players want to play are only selfish and will never lead to anything good. You have off-cause right to you opinion but that is all that it is, an opinion just as mine opinion is just a opinion.

Then you ask if I expect an expansion, no I expect 5 stand-alone games released one episode per year just as devs have promised.

12. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Depends on your definition of open PvP. It's the non consensual part, that will never happen, it's been that way since the beginning, all over Kickstarter.

The term is serialization. Serialize/Deserialize is the method of storing and retrieving items to and from the database. This was covered by Chris in the Kickstarter. Seeing a trend here? There is a lot of information that has already been passed. A lot of that info is subject to change. Non consensual is not one of them, how ever item serialization is a performance issue so it's possible it could be adjusted. Probably not to the point of full loot, because there is also the item affinity system where the player gets better with weapons and armor the longer they use them.

Akeashar and Owain like this.
  13. Innessa Lelania

Innessa Lelania Avatar

Open PvP might happen, but not non-consensual PvP. Thats a non starter.

NRaas likes this.
  14. Betamox

Betamox Avatar

I think Lady Innessa is a PKer at heart - she keeps trying to grief the PvP Forums!! :)

The latest word from Darkstarr (during R3), was that non-consensual PvP would be allowed in some areas and resource collection and item drops would increase in those areas to encourage participation and provide greater reward for greater risk.

blaquerogue likes this.
  15. Dhailen

Dhailen Avatar

With certain areas set for pvp, and you knowingly enter that area, it is consensual because you consent to pvp by opting to go into these areas for the increased odds of higher quality resources. If you don't want to do pvp you can still gather the resources at a lower % in a non-pvp area.... They have always said pvp would be optional, but that they wanted to give incentives for people to pvp for various reasons.

16. Phredicon

Phredicon Avatar

You don't have to encourage participation in something that is "non-consensuel"; it happens to you whether you like it or not.

Dhailen has the right of it.

Time Lord likes this.
  17. Innessa Lelania

Innessa Lelania Avatar

If there are going to be areas that I can't go to without being pk'ed then I will be dropping out of the game along with many many others.

I paid for this game along with everyone else and I expect to be able to go everywhere without being griefed and ganked.

I will wait and see what happens in the end, but that's my red line, and I know for a fact that a huge group of others would do the same.

Being forced to be pked by entering a pk hex is not non consensual, its forced. I didn't agree to the hex or the griefing.

To compound the problem, if all the best materials will be found in these pvp only areas, then most crafter's will not be happy campers.

End of game for me.

18. Phredicon

Phredicon Avatar

Every last one of us are consumers of video games. We will vote for what we like with our feet - If this game isn't what any of us want, or think it should be, or thought it would be, or prefer it to be then we should leave. This is our entertainment, not a job. We don't have to do it even if we don't like it.

There are plenty of other games out there and being made. I for one am looking forward to playing THIS game, whatever it will be.

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Innessa Lelania

Innessa Lelania Avatar

I agree. I will wait to see if its the game I want to play. If not, I'll be leaving. Any game that is planning on forcing people into PvP, and putting all the best resources in PvP only areas has made a clear decision that it wants to be a PvP tailored game. That's not an issue, but its not the game for me.

20. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

This is the area that many seem to let slip by. They have said it a few times, even recently in the multiplayer hangout, that rare resources could be in areas that will require PvP but those same rare resources will be in high level PvE areas.

They are not looking to make PvP only resources.

Sir Isycle, skinned and Dhailen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.