1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

make mobs damageable during leashing

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Ancev, Apr 9, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Yeah, @Barugon. If you can't play this game by standing in one place and tanking everything, you're doing it wrong. Get gud, loser.

Katu, Anpu, FBohler and 1 other person like this.
  2. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I love exploring lines of thought!

Do players and mobs need be equally benefited from the game's systems? I think not! They are essentially different and should be treated differently.

Here are two important remarks to make it clear that they should be treated differently:

1) If mobs can leash and ignore all damage in the exact moment they find the player "not viable", can I expect to get the same benefit then?

2) How about mobs AI being able to jump and chase fleeing players just like players can do?

In my opinion, we should never expect NPCs to respect the exact set of rules players go by.

3. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Well, currently *I* am of the receiving end of damage from monsters and I do used "Dash" a lot and now in addition "Sprint" to get away when it get´s hairy. If I can do it, then a monster should be able to do it.

4. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

I have been attacked by a lion that used something like pounce or prance and hit me, while I was standing on a rock in one of the random encounters.

5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@ConjurerDragon You may be standing on a rock and still be "attackable". The rule is: "If you can attack them, then they can attack you." That includes any range dmg skill that could hit them with.

6. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

It took me some months to realize someone was trying to make bug workarounds look like a proper gameplay challenge. What an absolute legend!

7. Toular

Toular Avatar

The problem is when they leash for no apparent reason. Foe example, wyvrens in the barbarian encounters should almost never leash since there is no place they can not hurt you, yet, leash they do.

Ancev likes this.
  8. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I generally don't mind leashing too much and understand why it's there, but there are 2 things about it that annoy me:

1) Some mobs have movement behavior other than just following their target. Those mobs don't take their leash into account at all, and will sometimes just go out of bounds on their own, forcing you to restart fights in which you were just pursuing the mob and fighting normally.

2) There's no kind of visual indicator or warning when a mob is close to the edge of it's leash, so unless you just happen to already know where it is, you sometimes just get randomly owned for the crime of moving.

Ancev likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.