1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Release Re-skined Golden Homes

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Hemnu Lightbringer, Nov 28, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hemnu Lightbringer

Hemnu Lightbringer Avatar

I was listening to the new homes being released in up-coming packages and was a bit disappointed the golden homes would not be included but I understand why.

But a work around is release a Silver Homes package and reskin them in Silver :)

I like silver better anyway :p

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I agree yet disagree with you Sir Lightbringer,

It breaches a matter of trust and I'll explain why;

I do agree with you about the need of shiny colors. I would say there's an unexpoled Deco world where "many different shiny color homes" could be explored.

I disagree however with using Gold, Silver or Bronze: To say "Silver" is to imply there is rank and that a secondary rank to gold would be silver. It should cost as much as or aproaching the price of a gold home because gold is a rank status. The rank status of gold should be presurved through not using silver or bronze, "unless it is a special status ranked sale", which seedinvest was.

I would like to see us move away from funding rank status homes and make more "shiny homes" of whatever color, but not Silver, because silver is a rank and so would be bronze as well. Both would take away from the gold home's intent, "unless they were for rank" within the elite status gold homes imply.

Any shiny new color you want but not gold, silver or bronze.
    seedinvest holder,
    ~Time Lord~

Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
    Mal Hari and Pifester like this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I did not hear about homes being reskinned so I don't want to jump to conclusions about what I don't know about it. Reskinning homes verses giving us more variety of homes is actually something I would like to see. One house that I don't care if it's re-skinned would be the Ancient Columned house. It just needs another floor or two with rooms. Anyway do you have a link for where you heard new game additions? I did watch the last livestream.

Mal Hari likes this.
  4. jrs99

jrs99 Bug Hunter

or was it destroying the rares market to cater to the "everyone gets a trophy" crowd?

5. Mapper

Mapper Bug Hunter

I think it was a mistake to begin with just to rehue existing houses, some of them look very tacky in gold.

Pifester likes this.
  6. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Diamond homes. We need diamond homes. The biggest benefit is people who live in diamond homes can throw anything they want.

Cordelayne likes this.
  7. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

It might be for some folks.

Time Lord, Barugon and jrs99 like this.
  8. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

It's not that hard to just make new things and avoid all the drama that comes with bringing back old things or something very similar.

majoria70, Barugon and Cordelayne like this.
  9. CICI

CICI Avatar

make new homes =)

10. Mal Hari

Mal Hari Avatar

I'm total down with make new homes.

I totally agree gold, silver, bronze are rank like.

For those of us still here. It hurt and was a smack in the face. To have spent so much on items that were later made avaliable to everyone at cheaper cost.

Make new items and avoid the drama as mentioned above.

11. CICI

CICI Avatar

Re adding the backer homes and items is a bad idea just make new rare homes and items for epi 2,3,4 & 5

make a loti row, village, town,City home with new rare deco items keep them for sale till epi 2 is done then make a whole new set for epi 3 ect

Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
    jrs99 likes this.
  12. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all
    I will add this to the Wishlist also but I would like to see some more tree houses that are more intricate than the Wizards House. I know it is strange to clear a lot of trees just to add other trees with a hose attached but having a systems where we attach Houses to existing trees would probably be too much. Here are 2 examples:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

There is a thread called new homes. Homes have in the past been a good selling item for this game. Imo the problem with bringing back many of the homes we already have is that rare is not always better. Many of the older homes have bad floor plans. If you live in a maze of rooms its ok if you want the challenge of doing a maze but if you want your rooms easy to find with open floor plans those old homes don't work. I am using a city room where you go through door after door and I mean a zillion doors to find anything. What is better is an open foyer type with rooms around it. A cohesive floor plan and many of the old homes live in the complicated type floor plan. In one room I have put a bunch of book cases since one of the backer rewards we got was a ton of them, but in this house you can't even find the bookcase room. I guess I could do a contest to find the bookcase room j/k. Anyway I vote for new houses if we are getting an ability to get more housing in this game. Coloring them silver, gold, or whatever is not the problem in this situation and it will not make a better house but this game needs to make better houses that make sense in their floor plans well imo. I don't say in certain cases complicated is bad just a bit frustrating when you are making display houses like museums, hospitals and Inn like houses. It is important to our themes.

This thread already exists

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/new-homes.172768/#post-1349503

14. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings majoria70
    I think the Elvien City home is the best open floor plan other than the Ancient Columned house. Tree in the middle that holds the circular staircase to the 4th floor and a big Patio on the top floor.

[​IMG]

15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yeah its a neat home but not my favorite look. I am more partial to the style and elegance of the columned house. It just isn't a very useful home with one floor and no rooms so I won't buy it or this house

16. Hemnu Lightbringer

Hemnu Lightbringer Avatar

I disagree with the whole rank thing as this came ages later and may sit in your minds as such but not in mine, in ancient Egypt silver was actually valued more than gold until the 15th century BC, also until 1873 most the world was on a silver standard not a gold standard for their currency. Also Silver has been a symbol of purity, thus where the lore of silver came about to vanquish evil. :p

Time Lord likes this.
  17. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

How we came to that as a community with Portalarium in charge and that desperate way we tried and successfully saved our game at the time is all history which cannot be rewritten or changed to fit a new desire. Rank and Feudalism was always a part of building and financing our game. Catnip has also continued along these same lines as well as pointing to note worthy and reward worthy individuals in our modern times. It is in this way Chris often states "we play favorites", because we do and we remember those favored and why they were or are favored.

However, if we were to sell such things in the colors Silver or Bronze, they should come at no less (maybe a bit less) of a price far beyond what would be considered normal pricing, In that way, the colors Silver and Bronze could benifit our game's funding as much as seedinvest accomplished at that time when we needed it, and we always need it.

You may disagree with our game's feudalistic ways, but even a Lord of the Mannor's pledge rewards has it's exclusive nature to be protected much in this same tradition.

Yet as you say, "Egypt silver was actually valued more than gold until the 15th century BC", then it should come with a hefty SOTA price tag to fit it's ranked nature.

Feudal Rank just came inset from the begining within all we've done here o_O...
    Our Funding Rank hath its privileges :thumbs up:
    ~Time Lord the Royal Lord Marshal~
    :cool: (and well known local snob) :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.