1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Player Test Environment (QA Server) issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /devbug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)

[Fixed] Vikland door closes behind me locking me in

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by Gwendolyn Obscuro, Dec 9, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

12/09/2022 18:53
    Title: Vikland door closes behind me locking me in
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?

Details: In the new portion of Vikland after the spider battle when you go into the next room the door closes behind you with no way to reopen it. If you have a runestone you can use the teleporter back to the docks, if you have a key you can open a door and if you have an orange crystal you can open the gate to the valley. But I didn't have any of those things and got stuck in the room and needed to recall home.

Steps to Reproduce: Enter the new area by using the yellow and red crystals. Do the chimes puzzle and take the elevator up. Go past the pale one or kill him. Take the door to the left (don't have a key for the one on the right after killing him) and kill a spider. Enter the next room with the teleporter (that needs a runestone). Once the door closes behind you try to find a way to open it again.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8) System RAM: 16252
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GPU RAM: 4061
    SotA.QA.Win.64.1426.Date.12.08.22
    Area: Mistrendur_R2_Vikland
    Area Display Name: Vikland
    Loc: (153.9, 154.1, 300.7)
    Debug: TWlzdHJlbmR1cl9SMl9WaWtsYW5kfHwoMTUzLjg4NywgMTU0LjEsIDMwMC42NTkpfCgwLCAwLjk5NywgMCwgLTAuMDc0KXwtOTI1LjE5NTZ8MjguNTE4MTJ8My42Mjg5NzU=

Anpu and Rinaldi like this.
  2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

This is one of those "kill or be killed" fights. If you die, there's an ankh that will resurrect you outside the room. If you kill the spider, both doors to the spider room should open.

I might be misunderstanding, but did you not kill the spider?

It sounds like you made it to the gate that opens with the orange crystal lock, but you didn't have an orange crystal. There are two ways back to the pale one's hallway. The first way is to go back through the spider room (but you might have to fight it again which means the doors will be close for a time). Or you can go back through a second hallway that leads to the locked door that needs the pale one's key, but it should also have a level on this side of the door that you can use to open it without a key.

Question...
    Did you not loot the pale one? He should always have the key on his body.

3. Gwendolyn Obscuro

I did kill the spider. It was only a 3oo something hp regular reef spider though, so I barely noticed it. Was this supposed to be more of a battle? I just went back for the third time to make sure I skinned the spider too but that did not make a difference. A while after I passed into the room with the teleporter the door back to the spider room closed again with no way to re-open it.

Yes I made it into that room but the first time I did not have an orange crystal or a runestone to activate the teleporter. I can't get back into the spider room after that door closes and I did not have the key for the other door. I had to use a scroll to get out. (otherwise I woudl have had to relog and start on world map)

I did kill and loot him. There was no key, only a few gold coins

4. Sannio

All you have to do is kill the spider to open the door. The spider isn't supposed to be tough. Also, it' doesn't drop a key. It's a one-enemy "boss fight" that closes the doors when the fight starts and opens then when it's dead.

There was supposed to be a switch on the inside of the locked door by the Pale One, but I just checked and the switch isn't there. I must have lost it while I was working on that area. I'll add it back in. (I want the Avatar to put in some effort to "move forward" but going back should be much easier.)

Rinaldi and Anpu like this.
  5. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Right, I never had any problem getting past the spider and into the next room. Its that next room I got stuck in because the door between it and the spider room closes and can't be re-opened. If you add a switch to open the other door from that side that will solve the problem but for now that other door says it requires a key which I do not have because it was not where I am told it was supposed to have been found. I just wondered if you meant to put a spider in that was a little stronger since the 'boss' only had about 300 health points and was much weaker than the ghosts you passed in the hallway before that room. But as I said before I did kill the spider and went to the next room which is the one that locked me in.

6. Sannio

The spider shouldn't be very strong. It's meant to be a lesser obstacle and not a significant blocker.

7. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

I ran thru this are today with Belladonna Rose, and this issue seems to be resolved.
    After going thru the spider room, we used the new lever to open the locked door next to the eye guy, which allowed us to go back through the caves out the obsidian door near where the smilodon spawns.

I did not get a key for the eye guy door. I am not sure if it is supposed to drop from a creature in the cave or if the eye guy gives it to you or drops it.
    I'll check on this next time i go thru there.

Sannio likes this.
  8. Sannio

The key...
    The key is acquired from the "Eye guy" (Pale One). There is more than one way to acquire it from him, so you have options.

Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.