Castle Atos, Beautiful yet non-functional arches

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by ConjurerDragon, Jan 1, 2023.

1. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

01/01/2023 10:44
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker? no
    Details: In Castle Atos there are two of thow beautiful wooden arches that connect two buildings. They look gorgeous with their window and the flags - yet while those arches look like and historically did connect the buildings they connected, ingame they are non-functional. They may look like one could walk through them from house to house - yet both houses that are connected by the arch lack an entrance to the arch.

Sure - one can jump out of the window and walk OVER the arch but who goes in it and opens and closes the window and the shutters?

Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics (12) System RAM: 15742
    GPU: AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics GPU RAM: 4430
    SotA.Win.64.1621.Date.12.19.22
    Area: Novia_R1_City_CastleAtos
    Area Display Name: Castle Atos
    Loc: (-26.8, 115.3, 421.1)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfQ2l0eV9DYXN0bGVBdG9zfHwoLTI2LjgzNywgMTE1LjI1MiwgNDIxLjA4NSl8KDAsIDAuNTgzLCAwLCAtMC44MTMpfC0xNDMuODAxfDE2Ljk1MzIzfDEuMjU=

Time Lord and Mal Hari like this.
  2. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

In the first few times I explored Castle Atos I think that I climbed onto every roof and parapet that I could find. Some were more disappointing than others.
    The worst (IMHO) was that great backdrop of more and more castle construct that is just a back drop and not accessible.
    That scaffold up near the front entrance is partially climbable, however I got to the point where the scaffold keeps going up and I could not. I was curious what they were building.
    I really like the forge opening in the ceiling as it makes sense. I was surprised not to find the same over the kitchen.
    If this is supposed to be an actual living space for all the NPC and defenders why are there no quarters for them? Plus there should be an Inn and even VIP suites for visitors "of importance". Speaking of defending, there are no sally ports or escape tunnels? Maybe a sewer or catacomb connecting to the Solania/Soletown Catacombs? Or something really hidden well from the castle to Desolis prison? That could be dark, damp, and full of nasty things.

FBohler, Time Lord and Rinaldi like this.
  3. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Have you noticed the beautiful church windows (bull´s eye glass if my program translates that correctly) up in the tower above the Magic Merchant when you climb the scaffold?

At least the Tavern has an opening in the roof for the huge fireplace.

Well, there are several places with open bedrolls (that are currently not used as the Castle is on 24/7 service for the people without a bit of patience...) e.g. in the corner behind the inn.

After I asked in Feedback they actually added a service tunnel between the kitchen and the dining hall :D

Last edited: Jan 1, 2023
    Time Lord and CrandalltheFoole like this.
  4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

It's magic :cool:

5. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

6. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

You can get on top of the buildings on both sides of the central street by jumping out of house windows onto the archway over the road. It's the wall between the bank and the practice dummy area that I can't get to.

7. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Between bank and practice area? Left of the storage chest guy are 3 chest. Hop on alone chest. Hop on double chest. Hop on the wooden bar next to it - and you can get on the wall.

8. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

Yes, those windows are very well done. I wanted to get inside there as well.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

I revisited Blood River Massacre with my 2nd character and in the elven village there is an Arch placed on the ground (so not between two towers but on the floor).
    That arch still has no entrances on either side, but it does have open windowslits to both sides and two floors for people to walk from one side to the other... Now one would only need to use that doublearch instaed of the singlearch and somehow find a way to punch a hole in the sides to make it a functional arch to pass trough...

10. Mapper

Mapper Bug Hunter

Being a POT technically you can use the acceleration potions to reach the very top of the Castle roof which is fun.

11. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

I just tried that yesterday and while you can get to a lot of places, there are still some invisible walls around the back of Castle Atos. And that potion ran out of juice so fast when I practically flew over the battlement... Well, when it´s next on sale again...