Strength and carrying capacity between two decks...?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ConjurerDragon, Jan 22, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

My currently used 2 decks are a
    Spear and Shield Rangertype and
    Cudgel / Order of Truth-Robe Mage.

When I swap using X I wondered why the mage has a higher carrying capacity.

The encumbrance is the same 454,4 but the Mage has max encumbrance of 633,9 while the Ranger only has 573,4

STR of the Ranger is 67, Mages 77 despite using the same items that grant STR (Iron Heavy Belt +6 STR, a bought Cloak with +6,8 STR and a bought Bronze Ring with +3,3 STR.

All other items do not add or remove STR, yet they´re 10 apart...

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Do you have the Sun Worship skill?

Adam Crow likes this.
  3. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

There's a skill in the sun tree I believe that grants additional strength during the day. Maybe that is throwing you off?

4. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Beat me to it haha

5. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Yes, the character has the Sun Worship skill. But it´s the SAME character at the SAME time of day just using another dressup from the deck?

FBohler and Adam Crow like this.
  6. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

hmm...Here are a few other possibilities that could cause a strength difference, assuming the pure "strength" buff on equip-ables is the same:
    1. Endurance skill with heavy chest armor - If the mage uses a heavy armor chest piece, then the heavy armor innate strength bonus (Endurance) will automatically be applied when that chest piece is equipped. So, if your mage has a heavy armor chest piece, but your ranger has a light armor chest piece, then the mage will get the Endurance strength boost, whereas the ranger will not. So, this could be the reason if your endurance skill gives +10 strength, your mage has a heavy armor chest, and your ranger has light armor chest.
    2. Inner strength skill with heavy chest armor - If your mage had heavy chest armor, your ranger had light chest armor, and you had inner strength active, then the mage would get the inner strength bonus, but the ranger would not. So, switching between the mage and ranger decks would cause the strength to change.
    3. "Inner strength power and duration" masterwork with heavy chest armor - this masterwork raises your inner strength buff, but on the hover-over info window it is listed separately from the "strength" #. If your mage has heavy armor with this masterwork, you ranger has heavy armor without this masterwork, and you have inner strength active, then switching the decks would give you a strength difference.
    4. "Strength of earth power" enchant and any armor type - this enchant raises your strength of earth buff, but on the hover-over info window the buff is listed separately from the "strength" #. If the mage has this enchant on his gear and the ranger does not, and strength of earth is active, then the sun mage will get a strength bonus that the ranger won't get.

I know you said the mage uses a robe, which would mean the mage is not using heavy armor and explanations 1 through 3 would not apply.
    But, i thought I would include all of these explanations for those who see a similar issue and who are using heavy armor.

And of course it could be a bug ! :eek:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2023
    majoria70, Anpu and FrostII like this.
  7. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

1 - no the Ranger uses Leather and the Mage the "Order of Truth"-Cloth Robes set.
    2 - no heavy armour
    3 - no heavy armour
    4 - no earth enchant on the clothing..

8. Lained

Lained Avatar

Completely disrobe your avatar and then manually swap in and out of each mage & ranger equipment slot one at a time until you find the culprit.

Anpu and FrostII like this.
  9. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Strength bonus on weapon mage uses.

10. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Mighty Cudgel of obvious Truth +1
    no STR bonus shown, only focus, less reagents use and +5% spell damage.

11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

As @Lained said, you need to swap out individual pieces in order to eliminate any gear.

Rinaldi and FrostII like this.
  12. Vaentorian

Vaentorian Localization Team

If there happen to be any Atenism (Sun magic) buffs on items used by the mage but not the ranger, they would increase the effect of Sun Worship. Most likely it would be an Atenism gem socketed in the cudgel or robe if so.

13. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

The Breaker passive in the bludgeon tree gives intrinsic strength whenever a Bludgeon weapon's equipped in the primary hand, I think this is what Traveller13 was referring to. Do you have that unlocked/trained?

14. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

That´s it. Adds 10,8 to STR and that is the difference I was missing why my Mage could carry more than my Ranger. Thankyou all!

Vaentorian, Rinaldi and Barugon like this.
  15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

You guys are so smart. This was so interesting to read all the solutions to realize what complex systems we have in this game. Thank you all. :)

FBohler, Anpu and Barugon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.