1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Player Test Environment (QA Server) issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /devbug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)

[Fixed] QA is not updated

Discussion in 'User Interface (Including Launcher)' started by Isabel Ayin, Jan 28, 2023.

1. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

Is there a problem with QA? It's been like this for almost 45 minutes.
    The background image does change but the download bar has not moved an inch.

[​IMG]

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

ah, i see the problem. @Ravalox will run another qa build tomorrow and enable it for players. we had several internal testing builds just before release and the full file for the last one made available to players is no longer on the torrent box.

Isabel Ayin likes this.
  3. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

Thanks Alley, after restarting my computer several times I thought something was wrong with it.

4. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

Had the QA client installed for ages, with no issues, until I tried it on 26 Jan - and all I get now is this

[​IMG]

Tried several times over the last couple of days, but it's always the same - it claims to be 'updating the game patch from 0-1441' but it never moves at all, 0 upload and download even if I leave it for an hour or more. It's not the firewall on my PC, dug into that and it is allowing the QA client just fine. And I have uninstalled the thing and reinstalled from scratch, no changes.

What I have noticed if I look at TCP connections on my system while the 'update' is running is that despite the QA client setting being the default peer to peer listen port is 55721, what actually happens is the client tries to access pretty much every other port, sequentially, but ignores the instruction to use that one. Some times begins at 51025, other time starts at 41980, or apparently any other random number, then proceeds to try the next one up, then the next, then the next...

Any suggestions what on Earth is going on, it was just fine for months - until suddenly, it isn't...

5. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

The QA server should now be patching correctly. Current patch level is 1446

Aurelius Silverson and Anpu like this.
  6. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

Seems to be working fine now - sadly since I uninstalled and reinstalled the QA client, it is starting a 0-1446 'patch' so it may be a while... ;)

7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I am able to login to qa now.

01/29/2023 15:35
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8072
    SotA.QA.Win.64.1446.Date.01.26.23
    Area: Novia
    Area Display Name: Novia
    Loc: (215.4, 18.0, -187.0)
    Debug: Tm92aWF8fCgyMTUuNDEzLCAxOC4wMDcsIC0xODcpfCgwLjAwMiwgLTAuODQ2LCAtMC4wMDgsIC0wLjUzMyl8MTE1LjU5MTh8NDV8MjU=