Additional characters?

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by ConjurerDragon, Feb 18, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

I have read that all characters on one account share the bank account, the rewards, the lot rights, the gold balance and the guild.

When I would create a 2nd character to do just agriculture in the beginning (because I do not want to have my 1st even try to master all skills) and I would move over some items to the 2nd character (e.g. the Order of Truth or the Armour of Truth cloth armour sets) , would that prevent the 2nd character from gaining the relevant events later in his development?

CrandalltheFoole likes this.
  2. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

The game is free to play so you might want to just use a different email to make another account. You can log in multiple avatars at once doing it that way. Just right click the active client at the bottom of the screen and you can open multiple instances of the game as long as your pc is powerful enough. I find that much more enjoyable than having characters on the same account, so just something to consider.

I can get all 8 of my character's logged into castle atos at the same time if I use both of my pc's. And a lot of the time I adventure with 2 characters at the same time. Sometimes i have them together and sometimes in completely different scenes. It helps mitigate all those little timers we have to wait through, while playing.

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

No, that character could still do the quest to obtain the Order of Truth quest and gain all the items. How the game works is each character can receive a quest one time, and then can complete them. And then using a quest reset, will allow you to do all those quests again, one time. And gain all those items.

Getting the one additional character on an account can be more ease of use, since you share bank, property, gold, virtue etc...

4. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Wait - Virtue, too? So my Ranger Huntsman wo takes everything that is not nailed down and leaves a bloody trail of deer blood in the woods, my planned herbalist Wizard and my planned Knight are sharing the same virtue?

5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yes characters on the same account share virtue unfortunately....

If you wish a character with separate virtue, you will then have to make a new free account. Of note, in doing so, that new account will get a Free No-Trade Taxed POT Row Lot Deed for finishing one outskirts area. :)

Of note all of this is specifically stated in the add-on store One Additional Character Slot

Ever wish you could be more than one Avatar? Now you can with One Additonal Character Slot! Purchasing this item will add 1 new slot to your account. You can have a maximum of 10 slots in total per account.

About having multiple characters on the same account:
    - Once this item is purchased, it is immediately claimed on the account and cannot be removed or gifted.
    - Each account is limited to a maximum of 10 character slots. Character slots delivered from pledge rewards count toward this limit.
    - Characters will share non-mobile inventory (bank) and property.
    - Characters will NOT share mobile inventory nor equipped items.
    - Characters will NOT share current quest progress. Any trading of quest items will be treated just like if two players traded those items with each other.
    - Characters will share virtue and reputation.

Note: Items on a single account are shared between multiple characters, not multiplied.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2023
  6. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

I actually have one, named Farmer Jack, with a different e-mail account. They have deeds and houses and I list each of them as a co-owner, thus they can share the contents of all the containers on each lot. All do the daily sign in and Oracle which adds a bit at a time. That alone can help with higher taxed lots.
    One adventure/gathers, one farms. It works out. Plus my planters are in basements and dungeons, thus only needing watering every few days instead of having to set an alarm clock. My next dungeon will be the big mines and I will put a large room at each entrance, filled with planters and a chest for water and seeds. The adventurer will buy and deliver water and seeds, and the farmer will visit and farm one room per day, rotating crops so that I have plenty to use.

7. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

I never looked at that ad for buying another character for my account as I think I remember that I have 3 characters creatable on my account from the start. I would not have assumed that the same rules apply for additional bought character slots as for the standard 3 of the original game before it went free.

Anpu likes this.
  8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Oh right! I forget some of the old pledges had character slots as a reward.... and you would not know about any of this..... But now you do! :D

9. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Yesterday I created my 2nd character who will be at first only do farming while my 1st is the Adventurer.

What I noticed is that not only do I share the rights to the lot - all the pets on the ground now show the 2nd charcters name instead of the 1st ones.

How does the Friend list work now? It is the same list as I used with the 1st character - so am I now on the lists of the others with my 1st, 2nd or both names? Can the others see that my herbalist Herbert Taraxacum is the same me as Henry Fletcher?

10. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

When you log on with the second character, it basically just replaces your name on other players friend list. It's not the best setup honestly. Another reason to start a second account instead of using additional character slots. So unless another player knows about your alternate character, they will have no idea who just logged in under their friends list. I think the alternate name replaces the Henry fletcher name, until you log back in with Henry.

Another wonky example is if the character owns a player owned town, the governor name (at the top of screen when your in that town) will change back and forth depending on which character last logged in.

There may be some positives to a second character slot, but I can't think of any. Your essentially just adding some login screens to farming. Could just do the same thing on your main character.

11. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Not quite the same. I plan to build my 2nd and 3rd characters differently with different specializations. And each character completely ignores at least two skillsets to save XP for the remaining skills where later millions are needed.

The Ranger does no agriculture / Chaos / Deathmagic, the Wizard/Druid? does no archery, mining and blacksmithing, the Knight does no farming, tanning, tailoring.

So "Henrys Hunting Hut" is now owned by Herbert Taraxacum, too? Strange laws in Novia.

For those who suddenly see Herbert Taraxacum on their friends list - don´t mutually annihilate that friendship. It´s my alias for Henry Fletcher.

12. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Yes, I do that with all my different accounts too. But i can level them all simultaneously. And they also earn login rewards and 15k gold each month from the oracle. Everyone plays differently though, just trying to give you all the info.

13. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

My PC does not have the power to run several instances of the game simultaneously to get the characters out together. I´m happy that I can play with one character at a time on the best graphical settings.

Adam Crow likes this.
  14. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

This is a fun thing you may, or may not be aware of, but while you are on any character on the same account (the same account with the character Henry Fletcher), anyone sending a whisper to any of your named characters, will go to the currently logged in character you are playing. For example: if you are logged into your Herbert Taraxacum character, if I send a whisper to Henry Fletcher, your character Herbert Taraxacum will get the whisper.

Adam Crow likes this.
  15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

When you switch to another character on the same account then the owner's name for any lot or town that you have will also change. All characters also share gold and virtue and you get 15k login exp (vs 10k) each day for having more than one character on an account.

Aurelius Silverson likes this.
  16. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

Deleted the original post because it was completely wrong! As I mention later, all the characters get the 15k xp in each pool, but the announcement of it being awarded only shows up for the first character to log in.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2023
  17. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

you get 10k for the first character and 2500 for each additional character past that on the account.

it goes to a shared pool. there still is one just for this sort of thing. it's visible with the /xp command.

18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You get a straight 15k regardless of how many characters you have (I have two on one account and three on another). Also, that experience is shared between all characters.

19. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

I have one account that has two characters on it, and it's always the same - on any given day, the first one to log in gets the daily xp award notification of 15,000 xp, and the second one that logs in later gets no notification of anything at all, so I assume that means one character gets it and the other does not. I'll try note the xp totals of each character, and see what happens to those when I log them in on the following day.

Barugon likes this.
  20. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Just note that shared does not mean replicated. When a character uses that experience then it's gone for all other characters too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.