Seige perilous alternative.

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Robby, Dec 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psychlo

psychlo Avatar

I was considering other perspectives yesterday and came across another idea that may make sense. If PVP is not an option then the only safe places would be those places guarded by guards (npc and player alike). if a murder is spotted by a guard he is attacked and more guards come if he is killed by an npc town guard the time he must wait to revive should be 7 days. The penalty has to be severe and realistic for such ludicrous actions by a wanted murderer.

2. psychlo

psychlo Avatar

i plan to check out the game but if its noobified i will likely pass on making room for it in my mind just like i did when aos came out. this is due to my hatred for lack of freedom in game which was the best thing about uo when i first started. freedom to murder is probably the best thing of all which will no longer be the best if people have the choice to trot past you in the wilderness without pvp enabled making them invulnerable from anything you do to them. Lord biron the talker of * the pompous prick who threw gold coins on the ground at you there alone in the trees...

besides the fact that they are actually considering to prevent murder i noticed that they have included some rather, how should i say this, lame sprites. The fire ball and the targeting circles look rraatthherr elementary.

* edited for language - Koldar

crachazz likes this.
  3. Duke Crachazz

Duke Crachazz Avatar

exactly what I think will happen if they try to throw it all into one world, it will be much worse than trammel/fel, even worse than back when there was only fel and people got griefed so much.

4. Owain

Owain Avatar

I would hope that wouldn't happen, but since there is no Open PvP anymore, I'm no longer sure. Previously, I would have said that with Selective Multiplayer, you would never see someone you would be unable to attack, but now with Guild Wars being at the apex of the PvP pyramid, I could be fighting a rival guild, and there could be a non guilded person assisting the opposite side, and I would be powerless to do anything about it.

That is not good. It would be far better, far simpler, to conduct my guild war in an Open PvP environment where I would not be so artificially limited. This is something I really hope Portalarium reconsiders.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.