Healing Blast

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vaentorian, Apr 13, 2023.

1. Vaentorian

Vaentorian Localization Team

Just wondering whether there's a handy reference somewhere for what is considered "harming any target" for purposes of this skill.

For example, I would expect direct damage from the player to a mob to always count as harming a target.
    Having my pet tear a mob apart seemingly doesn't count.
    Smashing open a container also doesn't count - not that I would expect it to, other than as a very literal interpretation of the description.
    Not sure about applying debuffs to mobs, charming animals, attacks which do zero damage... There will surely be other "potentially harmful" scenarios which I haven't thought of. I can do a bit of testing to satisfy my own curiosity but maybe someone has already looked into this?

Edit: the skill description for reference says "Very powerful ranged healing spell that is only usable on others and gains a bonus based on the time since the caster harmed any target."

Beaumaris likes this.
  2. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

I always thought of that only as doing physical damage to living targets. So banish the undead is o.k. but clobbering a bandit with a Mace would be not.

3. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I think it would be cool to have a life skill that only hurts undead. which would also work against lich ring players. adding a new element against death mages. would give life a dps option just like death vs life.

4. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Banish Undead?

5. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

yes but that is aoe, need a dd or dot

6. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

These damn low hanging fruit!

7. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

I asked for something like this years ago during a live stream and was shot down hard, fyi. The reasoning was that the life tree is a "support" tree and they did not plan to ever add another damage skill into it, so you're safe, Xee, aside from Banish, which does work against lich ring-wearing players, if anyone was wondering. Never did really figure out what counted as "damage" for the purposes of healing bonuses, though, in regards to the original question. I just don't cast anything that might cause damage when playing as a healer. There is the "cleansing rain" combo, that does a sustained aoe dot to undead, but that barely tickles as far as damage goes, at least last time I used it.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2023
    Beaumaris and FBohler like this.