Port Harmony feedback

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Paladin Michael, Apr 28, 2023.

1. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

I really enjoyed the new quest :) It was over too fast...

Port Harmony is a great place. I hope that we will get more quests in this wonderful place :)
    And more encounter with THE Avatar ;)

By the way: Now that we have a drifting boat (and with a gondolier!):
    Would it be possible to bring the gondoliers back to Ardoris?

And also the boat in the Highvale Outskirts lake?
    That was a really nice thing to get from A to B without running or swimming - and to enjoy a few seconds while watching the world around :)
    Isn't it possible to make the boat route a fishing-free zone? Like in Port Harmony?

Keep up the good work! I am really waiting for the official beginning of main story part 2...

ConjurerDragon and Beaumaris like this.
  2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

If I added an automated boat to Ardoris and Highvale Outskirts, I'd have to remove the ability to fish in the areas where the boat patrolled. I'm not sure everyone would like that. Also, if there were areas of the water where you could fish and other areas where you couldn't, there would need to be some way to differentiate between the sections. For example, in Port Harmony you can't fish in the canals but you can fish in the ocean beyond the watergates.

Paladin Michael likes this.
  3. Paladin Michael

Well, so it could be the same for Ardoris: no fishing in canals, but at the harbor.

Outskirt lake: I see, there could be no fishing, while boat is around...
    ... would it be possible to have a kind of ice fishing (hole in ice) at the kobold camp? ;)

May be we need some new (recipe) signs ... like "fishing only at the harbor!" or "happy fishing" ;)

ConjurerDragon likes this.
  4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i don't think it's good to make a big lake new players see early on unfishable.

Paladin Michael, Adam Crow and Anpu like this.
  5. Paladin Michael

Well, my thought was to have no fishing opportunity when I'm on the boat while it's moving on the lake.
    Fishing on a moving boat seems to bring undesirable benefits.
    Which is why Sannio originally removed the boat, as he told us in the forum.

There was never a fishing problem for Ardoris (since there was no fishing at that time).
    It was a performance issue. And after that, it doesn't exist anymore, so the gondoliers could be brought back...
    And the same gondoliers service like in Port Harmony would be a wonderful feature for Ardoris, too :)

By the way, the merchants on the bridge from the main entrance to the towncrier could also be brought back - with special fishing items?
    Both would make Ardoris look more alive...

ConjurerDragon likes this.
  6. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Any way to just give players a text error when trying to fish from a moving boat saying 'the boat is moving, the current is too strong!'?

(if technnially reasonable to do of course) then we don't have to ban fishing at lakes and canals where boats may eventually coshare the same space as fisherfolk.

If its done at this point,, this doesnt have to be painstaking undone in the future, if it is indeed planned that boats and fishing will ultimatley coexist.

// moving boats are really awesome though!

Last edited: May 1, 2023