1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved 71465] Inform Simone

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by By Tor, Jun 3, 2023.

1. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

06/03/2023 23:15
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate: 100
    Blocker? No
    Details: The quest to "inform Simone" is not working.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5930K CPU @ 3.50GHz (12) System RAM: 16277
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8072
    SotA.Win.64.1660.Date.05.28.23
    Area: Ardoris
    Area Display Name: Ardoris
    Loc: (-90.2, 61.9, -345.8)
    Debug: QXJkb3Jpc3x8KC05MC4yMDcsIDYxLjkyMywgLTM0NS44MzgpfCgwLCAwLjk5MSwgMCwgMC4xMzMpfDE4NS4wNTY1fDMxLjExMDEyfDIuNTMyMTc0

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

@By Tor have you clicked on or manually typed the keyword help when speaking to Simone von Eglinger?

3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Adding to Anpu's question, what does Simone von Eglinger say exactly when you tell her "help"? (This information can help me know what she thinks your quest flags are.)

Anpu likes this.
  4. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

When asking for help she says "please return with Scarlett's book". That's not on my quest map and i have no idea if I finished that quest or not.

Anpu likes this.
  5. Sannio

Simone has two responses along those lines.
    1. If she says "Please tell me when you've returned with Scarlett's book... I can't sleep until it's returned to me!" then she thinks you've started the quest and have a task to go meet with Merriweather at the Solania Merchantile in Solania. Also, once you accept this quest, you should definitely have finished the "Inform Simone" task and it shouldn't be active anymore.
    2. If she says "Please let me know when you've return with Scarlett's book... I can't sleep until it's returned to me!" then she thinks you have the book and a trade window should pop up so you can give the book to her.
    @By Tor , if you have the "Inform Simone" still active, try saying "Scarlett" to Simone von Eglinger. Depending on your quest state, she might say "Thank you..." and complete that task for you. When you do say "Scarlett" to Simone, please post her reply here if the task doesn't complete.

Anpu and By Tor like this.
  6. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

I actually tried that last night and she said something to the effect that she misses her. I'll post the direct quote next time I'm on.

Anpu and Sannio like this.
  7. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

After saying "Scarlett", Simone says: "My daughter was taken from me, and in my grief I may have lost her favorite book. My heart is torn friend. I hope you can help recover her book."

8. Sannio

@By Tor , Simone's response tells me you're on the quest to find the get the book, but I don't know if you have it or not. The book title is "Scarlett's Book." Whether you have the book or not, you may have one of these related tasks listed below related to the book quest. Follow the instructions in the task to progress on that quest.
    Collect Book from Merriweather
    Search Catacombs for Grand Hall
    Find Scarlett's Book
    Return to Merriweather
    Bring Book to Simon

Also, if you're still stuck, I'd like to log into your character to check their quest state. I've added this to my to-do list as issue #71465. What's the name of the character you're playing, so I check the right one?

9. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Thank you. I'll look in my journal next time I'm on. I was confused by the fact that there were no quest markers except for hers.

10. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

By Tor is my character's name. Feel free to take him over any time.

11. Sannio

@By Tor , I just logged into your character.
    1. You don't have the "Inform Simone" task in your active task list. If it was there when you made your initial report, then it must have self-corrected and automatically archived itself. It's in your completed tasks list.
    2. The "Collect Book from Merriweather" task is active for you. It's the only task related to Simone von Eglinger that's active for you. (Merriweather is in Solania.)

12. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Weird. It was active as of the last time i logged on. I guess it's like taking your car to a mechanic and the problem is already resolved when you get there. Thanks for checking!

13. Sannio

Anpu and By Tor like this.
  14. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Lmao!! Exactly right.

Sannio likes this.