Mysteries and Rare Items

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by maldoke, Jun 5, 2023.

Tags:
  1. maldoke

maldoke Avatar

Hi Avatars, I'm still figuring out SOTA, but I have a question.

Since we have a lot of old players, do any of you know any mysteries in the game? (I see old players only focus on building their cities)

An item that no one has? or is it super rare to create or earn?

Some npc who told you about someone powerful/important and that someone doesn't exist anymore? or that he spoke of some strong weapon that was lost and has not been found to this day?

Any NPC who won't talk to you because they don't want to, or who speak a different language?

Any "useless" items that might have something behind them?

Is there a place/area that you haven't been able to access yet?

And one more..

What item/equipment is most expensive today in SOTA? and why does it have this value?

Sorry for the questions, I really like mysteries, well-crafted quests and rare items :p

~ I'm using google translate.

Sean Silverfoot and Anpu like this.
  2. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Hello Maldoke,

There a many mysteries in game.
    1. Easter Eggs - these are hidden all over the place. Some are very subtle and some are obvious. Here is a list of the Easter Eggs that have been discovered so far.
    2. Puzzles (including treasure hunts) - here is a list of places to find puzzles (and solutions to the puzzles if you need them). Some puzzles require trying various combinations, while others require more thought and deduction. There are also puzzles that have a more mysterious quality: in particular, look at the puzzle in Brittany Fields (which is listed under the heading "All Puzzles and Treasure Hunts") and also look at the section titled "Puzzles/Quests/Locations that Were Never Completed, Never Found, or Never Solved"
    3. Quests - there are many one-time quests that will give you an interesting item when you complete the quest. Some examples include Phuulz Me Once and Speak to the Orator. A more complete list of quests can be found here. Most of the items that you get from these quests are not powerful, nor are they particularly useful (they are often decorations or clothing, but sometimes they are recipes). The most powerful weapons and armor in-game are crafted by players.
    4. Gathering & loot - there are some rare items that can drop from gathering or in loot. Examples include creepy dolly, rare fish, rare recipes, etc.
    They are probably more things that I forgot. Hopefully, I was able to answer some of your questions :)

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I'm going to be very Un-Anpu like and be extremely vague ;) because we don't yet know *what* some stuff is yet. But I think we have some basics down so far.

Years ago some people found some items and began discussing them. And left it at that. Fast forward to many years later, a person on our Discord tied the two together. And now we think we know a little more about *them*.

And then I have been investigating something that *should* theoretically exist in this game. At least a symbol of it. That I am still figuring out...

On that note, I just want to encourage you to follow the basics of exploration (if that is something that interest you) and take a look around. Ask questions: What is this? What does it mean?

So to answer your question: Yes. There may possibly be a few more mysteries we might not have discovered yet. :) I highly recommend you discover these on your own. I am still figuring out on my own, the puzzle in Brittany Fields.

NOTE: This is just lore stuff and while most people just do not care about that, there's a small segment of our community that DO (myself included).

Last edited: Jun 5, 2023
    Sean Silverfoot and maldoke like this.
  4. maldoke

maldoke Avatar

@Rinaldi

Very good, I really liked your answers and it cheered me up a little more, I will definitely check those you mentioned.

From what I've seen so far, there are "few" equipment that can be created (apart from the different versions that differentiate the quality), how is it possible to win different clothes (apart from the virtues)? Is it only possible in the game's $ store? how to acquire the patterns? does it also drop from mobs and quests?

From what I understand and see, what is rarer that drops in the game are the recipes, is that right?

@Anpu

Always very kind to respond, you are one of those who keep the community active, thank you very much!

Well then, I really like mysteries, and staying a long time on such a map and exploring it, and I always ask those questions you said .. kkk

I spent years playing Tibia, and spent more time trying to solve the game's mysteries and studying, than actually leveling like a crazy person.

Could you say more about these 2 items? I was curious lol

And thank you so much again, your response has also encouraged me to continue exploring.

Sean Silverfoot and Anpu like this.
  5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Just know you are in welcome company. There’s several people scattered around like that here as well.

I’m still going to be annoyingly vague because I want to encourage you…. but I do feel this should nudge you:

1. There’s a symbol in a scene on the Novia continent. What does it mean? Does it mean anything?
    2. What do the words say? Who is that? What is that.

Now go forth Avatar and explore and learn…

Sean Silverfoot and maldoke like this.
  6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

there's quite a bit of loot-drop gear that can be salvaged for patterns. there's also some crafted items that you can salvage for a pattern after making them.

Sean Silverfoot, maldoke and Anpu like this.
  7. maldoke

maldoke Avatar

@Alley Oop

good to know, I still haven't dropped any equipment that can recover the pattern, but it's good to know that it drops to pay more attention.

I visited the Museum in Desolis, and there is all the equipment that can be crafted, right?

Is it possible to have, for example, Lord British items? without buying with Crowns? or paying dearly in the player's shop? (dropping from monsters or on quest)

Do all monsters/npcs drop the clothes they are wearing? and do they all have a % equipment drop that saves the pattern?

8. Alley Oop

you wouldn't know, unless you tried. things that have only a CHANCE for a pattern don't list the pattern in the pop-up.

Anpu and maldoke like this.
  9. maldoke

maldoke Avatar

@Alley Oop

I see, so it doesn't show in the popup that the item can be recycled and I'll get a pattern. Should I try with all the items that drop, then should there be any chance that any of these items will give me a pattern?

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  10. Alley Oop

you could check sotawiki. i know i made a big push to put all the loot drop patterns on it a few years ago. i don't know if anyone has done the ones from crafting.

https://sotawiki.net/sota/Category:Patterns

maldoke likes this.
  11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Last edited: Jun 6, 2023
    maldoke and Alley Oop like this.
  12. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

Anpu, is it true that only items with a value can drop a pattern? Like I have salvaegd dozens of Shikomizui's with no pattern drop and 0 value looted gear only gives minimal scraps. Also I don't remember getting any good patterns until I got my salvage GM'd
    vj

13. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

I think some of these questions were answered in the posts above....so, I am sorry if I repeat what other have stated.

While the game developers appreciate purchases from the crown store, you do not need to purchase anything in the crown store to have the full experience of the game (except perhaps a purchase of episode 2 access). Also, most items can be obtained in-game from crafting and adventuring, or purchased from player vendors.

There is a huge amount of different equipment & clothing that can be crafted. Each slot on your character sheet (back, head, belt, etc.) has many different craft-able items that can be put into that slot. Also, each craft-able item can be made from many different components and can be enhanced in many different ways (for example: enchant, master work, socket with a gem).

Many forms of armor, weapons, clothes, and decorations can be crafted, but some of these items can be obtained from quests. There are some specific items that can only be purchased from the crown store, while other specific items can only be "won" by participating in a special event (for example, rewards for reporting bugs, or fishing trophy).
    Most of the in-game items can also be purchased from a player vendor if they choose to sell some of their exclusive items.

Some patterns are available from the crown store; however, most patterns can be obtained in-game (either from a player vendor, or from salvaging an item).
    There are some special items that will always drop a pattern (in which case, the tool tip of the item will say "Salvage yields eternal pattern...") - these items are often special rewards such as pledge rewards and subscription rewards.
    However, for most items, there is only a chance to get a pattern when you salvage the item.
    But keep in mind, that salvaging an item may give you a pattern, but the pattern may not preserve some special properties of the item (for example, salvaging a rare sword that casts light may yield a pattern that only transfers the appearance of the sword and does not transfer the light effect). So, be cautious when salvaging special items.

I do not understand your question, but here is some information about recipes:
    Some recipes drop often, while others drop rarely. Bundles tend to drop a lot of recipes. The higher level and rarer recipes tend to drop from blue or orange bundles. Lower level and common recipes tend to drop from grey and yellow bundles. However, killed creatures can also drop recipes.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2023
  14. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

mysteries in the game? There is a lost cow in Jaanaford, seek high and low to find it and if you can't, get Alley Oop to show you! Was a fun thing to do.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2023
  15. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

A number of posts were moved from this thread to a new thread as the discussion in them was of another topic entirely. Please be sure not to hijack the OP's thread.

16. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

What cow? Normal cows appear on a lot of maps...

17. simon1974

simon1974 Bug Hunter

I know a place where you can find a lot of cows, and even a king, but that's in another game... MOOOOOO

18. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Diablo Cowlevel?

Sentinel2 and simon1974 like this.
  19. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

Now THAT would be cool!

Sentinel2 and Anpu like this.
  20. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

So - I made a trip all around the Jaanaford map climbing the surrounding rocks as high as I could get. But all I saw was the sea to the west and south of the map that is closed off with an invisible wall from the Jaanaford map. No cow. A hint, please?