Using corpse parts for regs and knowledge

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Shovelcat, Mar 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shovelcat

Shovelcat Avatar

I think its a good thing to use human corps parts to do bad magic ;) And it's a good thing to use human parts to leveling knowledge for a Shaman or a Alchemist.

No, i'm not a serial killer.

And if someone is able to have Lord British blood, maybe we can create a evil creature able to kill him.

;)

smack, Jivalax Azon, rild and 6 others like this.
  2. Hati

Hati Avatar

I gotta say thats a pretty cool idea. Makes me think of old UO when you could dismember/eat corpses for huge karma drop

3. redfish

redfish Avatar

Impossible.

4. gtesser

gtesser Avatar

There would have to be a quest to find and kill Lord British first.

5. zavb9lov

zavb9lov Avatar

bad idea. when something can be extracted from the corpse of another player, there are several accounts and resources, thus knocking.

rild likes this.
  6. DimwitTheWise

DimwitTheWise Avatar

Maybe a "talisman" slot then where you could keep the skull/arm/leg/finger of your nemesis and do blood magic with it. Not reagents per se, but a component you can either only have one of at a time (until you cast a spell that uses it up) or it becomes a relic for nefarious powers. It expands the darkness of it, can personalize it as the limb can be from someone in particular or just the last thing you ripped apart, and maybe even can incorporate the name of who it is from into the casting/raising/etc.

I mean, if I went evil, I would much rather have something creepy in my hands than just a standard wand or staff.

7. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

While this makes me a bit queasy,
    1) I can imagine having some kind of "blood of the fallen" quest, where you're effectively getting PvP tokens or
    2) Given time, any corpse, player or otherwise decays a bit and something may spawn from there, like blood moss or w/e. You'd like this to be balanced so that it's a tactical disadvantage for the killer...so they can choose to wait around but someone may come for revenge. Winners outs on corpse camping would be too strong.

8. Mercyful Fate

Mercyful Fate Avatar

Voodoo dolls are based on the idea that a person's hair, finger nail, blood, whatever, can be used to create a charm/talisman to either help or harm said person. There are a lot of possibilities with this concept in-game if you use your imagination.

smack likes this.
  9. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

10. DimwitTheWise

DimwitTheWise Avatar

I like that idea. It could also be useful in a possible PvP bounty hunter tracking prospect or PvE hunting a monster that looted an item. Maybe someone with necro/death magics would be able to take trophies left behind in battle (severed finger, hair and blood) to track a person or bits from a corpse to track back to the person/monster who killed them.

Mercyful Fate likes this.
  11. Mercyful Fate

Mercyful Fate Avatar

Love that idea!

12. Dadalama

Dadalama Avatar

Hell not just for magic, corpses could be autopsied to increase medical skills. Or you could even cut open the stomach and distill the contents to see if poison was used in investigations. I know medieval society wasn't very advanced but I always see these games as more early renaissance because of the ubiquity of plate armor. And with less taboos surrounding handling the dead, I could see autopsies happening even in the early medieval era.

DimwitTheWise and Jivalax Azon like this.
  13. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

I don't want body parts stinking up the house. I would suggest taxidermy or putting the heads in jars with a little plaque that tells who it belonged to. An option for some of the more meticulous winners. You morbid freakish winners do what you will though....its all good winners are winners.

DimwitTheWise and Mercyful Fate like this.
  14. Mercyful Fate

Mercyful Fate Avatar

LOL...That provides a radical and hilarious new twist to the old saying "The walls have ears"! :D

DimwitTheWise and acrylic_300 like this.
  15. DimwitTheWise

DimwitTheWise Avatar

Hehe, I had suggest adding some type of taxidermy to allow for the insane amount of body carving that went on in UO. So you don't have a stinky, blood mess, but you do get to keep your trophy.

And I also like the idea of a more forensic look at things. Remember, even though this is a medieval society (for hundreds and hundreds of years??), it also has people from Earth with at least basic modern day knowledge that could be helpful like the scientific method, sterilization, basic lens for microscopes, etc. It they have Tesla coil towers, I'd think they would have other simple sciences intertwined with magics.

Dadalama likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.