Please stop selling us stuff and give us info about pvp so we know what we are buying.

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Gruumsh, Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gruumsh

Gruumsh Avatar

Hello Lord British, i hope you are well. I am here to make a simple request, because i feel like i, and some others, are being fooled. Mister, will you please give us information about PvP ? It seem like you are not feeling too certain about your decision about the PvP system and that is your problem. Us, customers, who are supporting your project, want to know what is up. I, personally, tought that this was a UO2 project, but it seem i might have been wrong and i would like to know so.

Thank you very much to be crystal clear with us.

mmjarec, Hati, eon and 2 others like this.
  2. Owain

Owain Avatar

Gotta pay the bills...

skinned and O`Sullivan like this.
  3. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Need money to make the game the way the community demands. More money, better game. PvP is still being developed.

skinned and Owain like this.
  4. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

Numerous times, in numerous videos and interviews, this is not UO2.

Cheers.

Silent Strider, vjek, skinned and 6 others like this.
  5. smack

smack Avatar

This is the nature of this project. We're getting glimpses into what they're thinking, the direction they want to go at a high level and asking for our feedback on them. I'd much rather have this model than them dictate how something will be without us having any voice. It's part of the development process as nothing is set in stone or final. In essence, they are engaging us in this process. Granted, some feel there should be more of that but that's a different debate :)

This is neither Ultima 10 or UO2. This is Shroud of the Avatar, in all it's sausage-making glory. If there's something specific you want to know more about or have ideas on PvP, there's a great PvP Mega Thread to give them your specific feedback on whatever you want to bring up.

6. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...h-current-thinking-megapost.8247/#post-140301

On the same forums you're browsing currently. This was posted in community announcements one week ago and has 73 pages of replies. From the start they've said the goal is to take the best parts of design from U4/U7/UO and merge them into a new game that is different from all of them... this is not UO2 and it is not Ultima X... it is Shroud of the Avatar. Glad to have you in the community and I hope that helps get things sorted for you.

7. Duke Crachazz

Duke Crachazz Avatar

Numerous times, in numerous videos and interviews, RG also stated that this IS the spiritual successor to UO: http://i.imgur.com/e5BgsFm.png

Stop trying to tell us we are stupid. He also mentioned this exact same thing in various interviews, and of course if you are a UO fan... THIS is then what you hear.

Isaiah, blaquerogue, BillRoy and 3 others like this.
  8. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

first, I dont try to do much, and especially not hint around.

Stupid? no. Gullible, or even deafly fanatic, is something else.

You are correct and spiritual successor is exactly to what I refer, for which he said Ultima and UO, not just UO

Never has anyone from Portalarium said this is UO 2.0, nor implied it, beyond calling a spade a spade i.e. spiritual successor.

If there are people who are upset, even after ten months of repeated enumerations, that this is not UO 2.0, how is it anyones problem but their own?

Silent Strider, BillRoy, vjek and 6 others like this.
  9. Kal

Kal Avatar

yeah, this is the spiritual successor to ultima and to ultima online but that doesn't mean they are gonna recreate a 3d version of early uo with all the problems it had where you can pk newbies right after they step out of the town zone. it's gonna be a new and improved game.

there will be pvp and there are developer posts about it as others have now pointed out to you

10. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I think given the backlash from PvPers surrounding the current thoughts on PvP, it might be useful to have a little feedback from the devs to see if they are re-considering.

I think people need to recognise that although SotA isn't a UO2, it has got the attention of many PvPers from UO who are just waiting it out before making a decision on whether to back the game or not.

blaquerogue and Rilman like this.
  11. Owain

Owain Avatar

I don't know that the backlash, however vocal, was sufficiently widespread to justify rethinking the design.

12. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

For clarity on my thoughts.......yes SotA is the spiritual successor of Ultima and UO......

However, in the context of discussing PvP you have to recognise that the comparisons will be made to UO as we are now talking about multiplayer and PvP combat.

It is therefore perfectly valid to discuss PvP and at the same time refer to SotA being the spiritual successor of UO (and actual ignore the other Ultima series)

blaquerogue, BillRoy and Rilman like this.
  13. jondavis

jondavis Avatar

Yea after the PVP thinking update I'm not going to donate again unless I see some fear put back into losing your items and a way for players to go criminal.

14. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

It's clear that they don't know. It took a long time for them to give us a PvP post and it's loaded with uncertainty. They've got some bag of interesting features which they're trying to decide on and tie into the story, the map, the economy, and every other system in the game.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  15. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

And I wont either if they do.

16. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

Perfectly fair point, except that is a single aspect of the game. While I agree that aspect may definitely require some finesse to accommodate increasing the membership of the game overall, it can't be a sole justification for why the game is not "UO 2.0".

Sure, plenty of UO ppl came here and pledged, some waiting to pledge, or pledge more, but there are also a great number of pure Ultima players in the same boat.

The fact is, which, again, has been repeatedly stated over and over, this is neither a remake of the Single Player experience, nor a 2.0 version for the Multiplayer experience.

It is a new idea, with the possibility of blending previous ideas from both genres, but zero guarantee of that. Though design wise they are obviously using whatever they can that for sure worked for BOTH systems e.g. inventory.

Perfect example, inventory bag style worked, and they iterated it up currently to provide more modern "list" based views, based DIRECTLY on our feedback.

The promise of this project, for which I have been railing since day one, is all about community sourcing and inclusion.

But they have been clear as to the core design since the very first KS video, and wishing reality to be something else is just delusional.

If you want it to "change" offer constructive feedback. Certainly not "poke" @RichardGarriott to come here and justify or explain something that has been spelled out since day zero.

Silent Strider, vjek, Ned888 and 3 others like this.
  17. jondavis

jondavis Avatar

Maybe I should of said a MODE that would put fear back into losing your items and a way for players to go criminal.
    That is good enough for me.
    At the moment it sounds like there is no fear to go PVP and we have yet to hear if players can go criminal.

3devious, Miracle Dragon and Gruumsh like this.
  18. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

Who gives a crap about PvP, so long as there's awesome PvM!!

19. Gruumsh

Gruumsh Avatar

It's about having a 'sand box' game. I care about PvE also, or PvM are you say haha..........-.-

Hati, BillRoy and Sir Isycle like this.
  20. Godra

Godra Avatar

THIS IS NOT UO2!!! {sorry for yelling, but just wanted the OP toknow this is NOT UO 2!!!) Sick of seeing UO2 from peeps. THIS IS SoTA!!! Yes, I ment to shout on that one. lol :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.