Please stop selling us stuff and give us info about pvp so we know what we are buying.

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Gruumsh, Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gruumsh

Gruumsh Avatar

Who cares about the name. We want a sandbox and we want to know if it's what we're going to have or not.

Hati, BillRoy, Skalex and 1 other person like this.
  2. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

It is reminding me of the same trouble they had back when they where trying to convince people that Playing in an open world with other players live online was the future. But they did it anyway

3. Akrondar

Akrondar Avatar

They gave us a little of unfinished sauce.

Reaction: More ketchup in our sauce! i demand it now!

Maybe it is intended to be introduced later, so we should wait. More.

:D

4. Gruumsh

Gruumsh Avatar

Yes i have no clue why people that have no talent at hand-eye coordinations are so incline to zerg forums and to waste our chance to get a good sandbox game. Seriously the best single player rpg game is coming out soon, it is called the witcher 3, go and play it and leave my sand box game alone haha

PaCOatlanticBaja likes this.
  5. Gruumsh

Gruumsh Avatar

Maybe you are right.....He seem like the kind to go full loot full pvp too. He freaking wear a snake pendant after all!

6. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

Yea, I hate it when people do that. Sota is RG's Ultimate RPG not Ultimate PvP, although I hope it goes well for you, would be good for everyone. This is not the game you think it is

Silent Strider, Ned888 and docdoom77 like this.
  7. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Please, tell us...

Hati likes this.
  8. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

He is having doubts, clearly he should not

9. Duke Crachazz

Duke Crachazz Avatar

There are people you know, that are NEW to the game... Not everybody can sit in front of their monitor and hit F5 all day long Joviex :)
    Some people might have only read the sparse info that was thrown out at the kickstarter, watched the videos where RG said things about pvp that led many to believe it would be more like UO (hence all these posts and threads in this forum by many different people)

And maybe not all of these people follow this game as close as you, so be nice ok, Joviex... Because you come crashing in the thread like the teacher that caught his student while he was not listening, no need for that attitude. There are people that might think different things than you, and that is OK.

Hati, 3devious, Elrina Sannes and 2 others like this.
  10. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

11. Gruumsh

Gruumsh Avatar

Ohhh Daoc. Good stuff.

12. Crikey

Crikey Avatar

This game will have some PvP but it does not need any PvP at all.

It has become apparent that SotA would still be a great game, with no PvP whatsoever.

There are plenty of other PvP-based games available out there. I'm just scratching my head wondering why the 'PvP lovers' don't just go play those games, rather than aim to jam as much PvP as possible into somewhere it's not needed.

If you're making a cake, sure, add some sugar - but just a half-a-cup, not a bag full.

13. Duke Crachazz

Duke Crachazz Avatar

lol, so the "pvp lovers" should just go elsewhere, and you get the game you want... Funny how fast these threads always turn around.
    But just so you know, there will be a lot of pvp... Just read the PVP mega thread.

blaquerogue and Siili like this.
  14. Kether

Kether Avatar

Actually, even if I don't usually enjoy PvP myself, I think that this game does indeed need PvP to be complete, even if not everyone has to be forced to use it, the same as not everyone is forced to use crafting. The only matter is what kind of PvP and which rules to govern it so it doesn't become a hindrance to all the other things the game offers and also needs.

As far as the current ideas go, the proposed way to "allow" or "disallow" PvP for oneself seems pretty good to me, I think I like the death penalties, although they could be tweaked a bit, and I'm not very sure about the proposed loot method.
    Of course all of these are still ideas on the planning phase, so constructive input from us players can be very helpful to the developers to create the best game possible.

Xaronzon, Hati, Ned888 and 5 others like this.
  15. mike11

mike11 Avatar

Sorry but that one ain't coming out anytime soon.. 2014. Probably postponed it to add more PvP.

16. Endest

Endest Avatar

Joviex and smack like this.
  17. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

Oh snap. I almost missed this while I was sitting in front of my monitor pressing F5 all day.

Hati, Ned888 and smack like this.
  18. Mystic

Mystic Avatar

Guys, please remember the forum rules when posting.
    You don't have to agree with people or their opinions, but be respectful about it.

19. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

So why shouldn't the PvP community be looked after in this game?

I've said before when your talking about spiritual successor in multiplayer/PvP we are in fact talking about UO.......beleive it or not there are a LOT of PvPers out there who are actually looking at this game as a new ulternative to UO.

blaquerogue likes this.
  20. Myth2

Myth2 Avatar

Good morning gents. Where were we?
    I don't need to highlight the similarities in these quotes of opposing opinions, but its worth pointing out that the ideal situation is one in which everybody is accommodated. The problem PvPers are having lately is that they feel that, in order to preserve its optional nature, PvP will become akin to insurance-based felucca/trammel.

It isn't fair to say that SotA is walking directly down the fel/tram road, however the main issues with the fel/tram split, such as the undermining of the fel economy, and the lack of danger for PvPers, are still encapsulated in the current ransom-based optional PvP system.

There's no magic answer to this issue, but that doesn't mean we should lose sight of the objectives at hand. Players shouldn't have to PvP, and PvPers should be able to do so without being reduced to arena participants.

Edit: Envy the ninja.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.