1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Early Access Schedule Update: Releases 4 - 7

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Feb 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tilaras

Tilaras Avatar

thanks for the install link! been looking everywhere to find one to prep for the R4 weekend!

2. Polaris Penguin

Polaris Penguin Avatar

If you're after the Linux or Mac versions I recommend waiting for the R4 download link to appear as we'll be able to install/patch just like the Windows version :).

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  3. Karnidge

Karnidge Avatar

I am a new member of the community but a long time Ultima/Lord British fan. I am really looking forward to testing the latest Release 4 this weekend.

I hosted a private UO server for many years and we did a lot of tweaking to combat and PvP. It is a very delicate balance that takes a lot of testing. I am looking forward to diving into that as well.

4. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Welcome to the community. Please be aware that this is not UO reborn, and that the game is still very early in development. Far earlier than any sane development team has any right to be letting their customer in. Combat will be Very rudimentary.

Time Lord, Zandaro and Lord Baldrith like this.
  5. Zigmalion

Zigmalion Avatar

We certainly hope! I have Boot Camp on my Mac so I can use native Windows but I'd rather not have to reboot all the time or keep downloading a gig at a time!

6. Logain

Logain Avatar

Has anybody else noticed that upon trying to log in, there is a permanenet "Connecting..." message for the last 2 days, most unlike the one before that claimed it's not open for the public? And yes, I'm aware that the R4 testing frame hasn't started yet, just trying to log in occasionally :p

Mata likes this.
  7. Urshurak

Urshurak Avatar

so, possibly a stupid question. but is there a place to download the Base client to then just need the updates for new releases? Or will I need to download full for each release? thanks

warcreep likes this.
  8. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Avatar

Your client should automatically upgrade to the latest version each time you launch the patcher. I've been able to successfully patch and login since R1. This only works, at the moment, for Windows though IIRC. For Linux and Mac you may still have to download the full build each time.

9. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

Yes there is, its in announcements, instructions post. Unfortunately the devs refuse to put it out in plain sight

10. cagle

cagle Avatar

Hello group
    I am curious I haven't been able to get here for a while. I would very much like to know if I put out $45 or so how often is that going to get me into the game? I am working again finally and would love to provide support to this game.

11. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

That'll get you an adventure pack, you'll Alpha test with us every month & be able to play the game ep1 when it launches in the fall

12. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

And I'd recommend going to the Marketplace, where you can get discounted founder's pledges... That'll get you the same, but with additional perks, for $30 (or less)...

Time Lord, rild and Olahorand like this.
  13. rild

rild Avatar

cagle - here is a guide on how to arrange a founder pledge. there are several people looking .. i think BrowncoatJayson is looking for one more and offering a nice discount.

Also, you can get $20 added to your account from Alienware Arena - just have to make an account and follow the link.

https://www.alienwarearena.com/news/get-a-20-shroud-of-the-avatar-pledge-upgrade

PS the Explorer pledge is the best deal - you will get all 5 episodes, which should keep you gaming for like ten years no problem :D

Bodhbh Dearg likes this.
  14. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

Yes... Get a (founder's) Adventurer pledge from the marketplace, grab the Alienware bonus (in that exact order, or you'll end up waiting 5-10 working days for Portalarium to merge the two) and then upgrade to whichever level you'd like. Explorer gets you all 5 episodes, so it's a great deal!

If you cannot afford it right now, you can set up a payment plan, and the moment you pledge/start the plan will be the moment that counts, getting you the discounted price, as long as you do it before 7 April, and don't stop the plan until you've fully paid the pledge you chose...

15. ogsixer

ogsixer Avatar

16. Kees

Kees Avatar

Hello I am a new member and I got one of the 250 Alienware arena keys for this round and I think this means I will be able to play in release 5 weekend?
    Anyway I am eager to see what this has in store cause I am really looking for an awesome adventure to invest my time in!
    I hope to see you all!

17. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Welcome to the community! Have a round on me!

[​IMG]

I believe those keys are for the release 5 weekend. Since you won one of those keys, you'll get to try out the game risk free during R5 and see what you think.

However, Early Founder rewards and pricing is ending in 2 days. You may want to get a Founder gift pledge from an existing Founder (like myself) to lock in the lower pricing and rewards while you can.

Kees, Olahorand and Lord Baldrith like this.
  18. Hawkins

Hawkins Avatar

Great!

19. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

Welcome on board! Enjoy the R5! :)

20. Kees

Kees Avatar

Thank you all I am glad to be here! Thanks for the beer and cheers to all!

Unfortunately I have not had access to the computer the past day, and think I missed out on the last day of Founder Pledge (?) now.
    Thanks to you who directed me to there, I appreciate the trouble but I'm sorry I missed it!
    Anyway, it's too bad I missed that opportunity but I still can't wait to get try this.

Thank you all and see you around!

-Kees.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.