PVP SURVEY - THE LAST ONE WE HOPE (IF LISTENED) [UNOFFICIAL]

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Ambrosius2, Mar 25, 2014.

?

Looting in SoTa

1. Full looting (regardless of the rules that we choose, I want full)

49 vote(s)
    38.0%
  2. No Full looting (regardless of the rules that we choose, I dont want full)

9 vote(s)
    7.0%
  3. Portalarium Looting (5% random item)

37 vote(s)
    28.7%
  4. PVP - Consensual - No Looting

14 vote(s)
    10.9%
  5. PVP - Consensual - Full Looting

14 vote(s)
    10.9%
  6. PVE - Only - No Looting

5 vote(s)
    3.9%
  7. PVE - Only - Full Looting

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Owain

Owain Avatar

Based upon all the people arguing over full loot, I'd say a LOT of people care.

I'd like to see it myself, but given feedback from the devs, I don't see it happening.

2. MalakBrightpalm

MalakBrightpalm Avatar

Indeed. If the only thing PvP has to offer is the chance to loot the fallen, I'll probably lose interest in it quickly. If, on the other hand, PvP is loads of fun, I might not care if I get looted.

Margard, rild, Dadalama and 1 other person like this.
  3. Ambrosius2

Ambrosius2 Avatar

I just wanna edit first post to put advantage and disadvantages of full looting...

pls guy can you help me to fill that with your suggestion? Post in few words advantage and disadvantages of that and i edit first post...

In that way we give a concrete explanation. Thanks

4. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Sorry to say this wont be the last and no it wont be listened to. Yet I still voted (consensual with full loot) but wouldn't get my hopes up :p

5. fizual

fizual Avatar

People like to claim that there is a 'huge pve crowd that doesn't visit forums' but conveniently like to leave out the posibility that a large portion of the pvp crowd doesn't visit the forums either? I would just stick to the facts of the poll.

6. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

I will stick to the internal market research of product viability done before starting this business venture.

7. Sir Ryan of Yew

Sir Ryan of Yew Avatar

I just flatly disagree with this from experience.

That said this poll is garbage and has no basis in reality. Without a true and accurate sampling of the players of this game you're not going to get real results, thus invalidating this entire effort. These "polls" people keep posting are simply for their own vanity, to make themselves and their friends feel good.

When it comes to PVP, all of the opinions have been heard. The company producing this game will make their decision and we will see where the proverbial "chips" fall.

8. Ambrosius2

Ambrosius2 Avatar

All have their reason, but sometime i believe that a single voice can do the difference... the important is to try, almost you can say at the end of all "i try and do all my best, no regret"

9. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

There honestly need to have official polls that you answer to while your client is patching.

Why no game company does this beautiful FREE information sampling is beyond me...

they have no excuse... its like cellphone companies, no excuse ? hehe NO EXCUSE !

10. Sir Tim

Sir Tim Avatar

Where is the Open PvP option? PvE only full loot has an option, why not Open PvP full loot? Seems like a bias survey.

11. cariac

cariac Avatar

FULL LOOT

Rilman likes this.
  12. Mercyful Fate

Mercyful Fate Avatar

Agreed. But at some point you find that you've accomplished nothing but made a hole in the wall with your head.

These forums are literally FILLED with threads debating this issue.
    Long story short: We're not getting full loot. We're also not getting non-consensual PvP.
    Those two are pretty much written in stone.

Accept it and move on. I have. But continue to ask questions and provide workable alternatives and suggestions regarding what we should expect since we've lost those two. There has to be a happy medium somewhere. Otherwise, this game will amount to nothing more than yet another generic, medieval-fantasy role-playing game. If the magic deck concept sucks, and subsequently isn't modified or improved, then most PvPers will, at that point, leave for greener pastures. Only time will tell.

rild and Owain like this.
  13. G Din

G Din Avatar

Margard likes this.
  14. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I wonder what results you will get on a poll about what people want in the PVP section where only a few venture.

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Dadalama

Dadalama Avatar

While I do not think completely open pvp is right for this game, it's a minor point anyways. It seems the reasons a lot of people are giving on both sides (especially for the looting thing) are troubling. It seems they are coming from the "constructed leveling and looting environment" as opposed to world building and feel. People are discussing how it effects competition and their ability to grind for items. Now, if you're fighting for competition wouldn't you be in an arena? Or a seedy bar? I really don't understand how murdering people in an alley is for "competition". There's many reasons to murder people in an alley but because you wanna test your mettle?

And the gear grinding thing grinds my gears. Grinding came about from padding in JRPGs from what I understand. So they weren't really short. I understand the purpose but it's not the kind of thing I want when I am in an online game. When I advocate for some games full non consensual pvp or whatnot I am doing it from an immersion perspective. Living another life very well could be taking out political or professional murders in order to further your own causes. People did that, they also looted used equipment off a battle field after the blood dried. That's the only way some mercenaries got their armor (being poor peasants and all you could have a hatchet but chainmail is expensive). Those are the humble origins some heroes and anti heroes are made from in the stories. But I really don't see it as very fun for everything to revolve around "lol noobs and 1337 gear". That is the kind of stuff that makes my eyes roll like a cartoon teenager in a drier. It's also the reason why my current online rpg repertoire is maptool, roll20, and Salem. Is it cynicism or is that really what people want?

16. Ambrosius2

Ambrosius2 Avatar

"Full looting (regardless of the rules that we choose, I want full)"

I think thats your answer... I want full

Mercifull i partially agree you... ok my head at this moment is in poor shape but the last post was for a 73% of full pvp, now we wait for this one, if 2 survey say the same thing than i think we can try to ask to portalarium to do something, right?

Or its my mad hope? (for now 75% wanna grab almost a pair of object from victim... we must just increase that value.. few step for a big goal)

17. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Your poll is unscientific, with a non-representative sample.
    Neither this one, or the previous one you reference have any validity.
    You have the right to ask for anything you want, however, don't expect your poll results to be taken as valid supporting evidence for your request.

Time Lord likes this.
  18. Ambrosius2

Ambrosius2 Avatar

How many time you must say it? AHAHAHAH

The revolution is more an instinct than a thought: how does instinct and spreads, and as instinct will also give his first battles.
    Mikhail Bakunin

19. Dadalama

Dadalama Avatar

Well, that happened.

20. PaCOatlanticBaja

PaCOatlanticBaja Avatar

The voters from the last poll quit on this game alrdy..well id say 25percent of them did. So it will not be 73 percent this time.. becuz we quit this game.. we were so excited to 2014 by many gaming companys is the year sandbox comes back.. archeage black dessert ect ect.. shroud really had a chance to be a huge game but I think they care more about rpers n pvers rather then the popular pvper... witch is fine I just wish they could of been honest from the start .. all the open world sandbox pvpers will be on archeage.. sinco trion is not westernizing it now.. gonna be one sweet game.. there forums are finaly up to.. I like to check in once a week to see if things have changed evertime I get on seems to have less pvpers.. oh well pve n rp needs there game to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.